Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 09:44 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,380 times

Advertisements

It does cost TOO much. Benicar, you do realize that money doesn't grow on trees. Also, we have seen with prohibition and the war on drugs that these did nothing to curtail drug use and trafficking in our nation. In fact, it may have lined the pockets of those that sold drugs. Supply went down, demand remained constant. Prices thus went up. People still used. There are a multitude of other ways to enter into the country illegally. So with that said, how long would the troops remain on the border? Indefinitely?

If you have read my posts, you would know that I didn't justify illegal immigration. I called for a reform that would propose easier economic and temporal restrictions to illegal immigration. A reform that would reward illegal immigrants going to places of higher education and working (the core ethos of American culture). A reform that would BRING money into the system, rather than stymie money away for ludicrous military ventures. One that would honor the American tradition of rising up and working hard. It's not that difficult. See, you fail to realize the economic impact of deportation. Also the political implications.

I do agree that those simply born in the US should not be granted citizenship. It is an odd concept (considering that a recent law stipulates that Americans born abroad are not citizens until they enter the US). However, I still believe that we should have a strong moral compass. We should realize as a nation that our position as the world's largest economy has cost many countries. We are partly to blame for the global south. However, I digress.

Pappy: I don't know where to begin. The xenophobia, the paranoia, or the outright lack of knowledge. So I will just say "Good luck" and hopefully your life in fear is going well.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:37 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
It does cost TOO much. Benicar, you do realize that money doesn't grow on trees. Also, we have seen with prohibition and the war on drugs that these did nothing to curtail drug use and trafficking in our nation. In fact, it may have lined the pockets of those that sold drugs. Supply went down, demand remained constant. Prices thus went up. People still used. There are a multitude of other ways to enter into the country illegally. So with that said, how long would the troops remain on the border? Indefinitely?

If you have read my posts, you would know that I didn't justify illegal immigration. I called for a reform that would propose easier economic and temporal restrictions to illegal immigration. A reform that would reward illegal immigrants going to places of higher education and working (the core ethos of American culture). A reform that would BRING money into the system, rather than stymie money away for ludicrous military ventures. One that would honor the American tradition of rising up and working hard. It's not that difficult. See, you fail to realize the economic impact of deportation. Also the political implications.

I do agree that those simply born in the US should not be granted citizenship. It is an odd concept (considering that a recent law stipulates that Americans born abroad are not citizens until they enter the US). However, I still believe that we should have a strong moral compass. We should realize as a nation that our position as the world's largest economy has cost many countries. We are partly to blame for the global south. However, I digress.

Pappy: I don't know where to begin. The xenophobia, the paranoia, or the outright lack of knowledge. So I will just say "Good luck" and hopefully your life in fear is going well.
Cutting off the remittances to Mexico, etc. by illegal aliens (especially since they would be replaced by Americans/green card holders------especially in this economy) would go a long way to closing/locking our southern border.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:51 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:

Xenophobia ? Paranoia is what the people of other nations were ,until they werer found to be right, in which it was usually too late .

Its not lack of knowlege, its more lack of energy and typing skills because of old fingers maybe . We can dissagree n issues but this one is not about me or you alone, its about all of us . So whatever I did on another thread to disagree with you shouldn't be brought to this one .

We spend billions on illegals through education healthcre,social security, tax evasion, job loss ,security to pretend to watch terror ,prisons ,desease , shelter, food to feed large familes of most illegal mmigrants ,extra techers and grants . This is just some of the exspense .

We can save billions by closing borders and deprotation of all who are here illegally . And also many American lives .

Old 11-08-2009, 12:12 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:

I’m glad you realize money doesn’t grow on trees. Therefore, you should also realize we cannot continue to support millions of illegals. Illegal immigration has cost us far more than we would have spent to have our troops protecting our borders. We will be paying for the children of illegals born today for the next 18+ years. I won’t even expound on the other astronomical costs of massive illegal immigration.

The War on Drugs is a farce, and has been since its inception. Granted, we will never completely eradicate drugs in this country, but if we start planting bombs in their tunnels, and have our troops stationed at the borders with orders to shoot any drug trafficker they spot, it will definitely make it more difficult to bring drugs into this country. To hell with demand -- if the junkies can’t get drugs, they will simply have to go cold turkey.

Why should we “reward” illegals for anything? I don’t care how long they have been here, or what their educational aspirations may be; they have no legal presence, and they deserve nothing from the citizens of this country. Furthermore, how is any "American tradition" being “honored” by illegal aliens? Did you read the comments from the teacher on the other thread? These ingrates resent even having to recite the Pledge of Allegiance. Why on earth would we want them to remain in this country? They have been taught by their parents that this country is NOT to be respected, and that they are NOT to feel allegiance. It’s sickening.

For the umpteenth, umpteenth time. . . . . we do NOT have to spend money deporting most of the illegals. If we would simply enforce ALL of our laws, they would have no recourse but to return to their countries of origin. Attrition through enforcement -- it’s just that simple.

The American Dream is for citizens of this country; not for foreigners who are only here to exploit our lax enforcement, and to fleece the taxpayers. I’m sick of being used by these illegal foreigners who don’t even have enough sense to feign appreciation for what they have received from this country.

I was on another forum, and an illegal was bragging about not paying taxes, and making more than some citizens. He called the U.S. “chumps.” It’s time for these parasites to leave.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:49 PM

179 posts, read 565,898 times
I applaud your ability to be straight forward and honest about this, almost totally ignored problem in this country. We need more people like you in a position to do something about it.
The ability to not only think outside the box.
Hell, the people sitting up there now don't EVEN SEE the BOX!!!

Old 11-08-2009, 02:14 PM

179 posts, read 565,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I’m glad you realize money doesn’t grow on trees. Therefore, you should also realize we cannot continue to support millions of illegals. Illegal immigration has cost us far more than we would have spent to have our troops protecting our borders. We will be paying for the children of illegals born today for the next 18+ years. I won’t even expound on the other astronomical costs of massive illegal immigration.

The War on Drugs is a farce, and has been since its inception. Granted, we will never completely eradicate drugs in this country, but if we start planting bombs in their tunnels, and have our troops stationed at the borders with orders to shoot any drug trafficker they spot, it will definitely make it more difficult to bring drugs into this country. To hell with demand -- if the junkies can’t get drugs, they will simply have to go cold turkey.

Why should we “reward” illegals for anything? I don’t care how long they have been here, or what their educational aspirations may be; they have no legal presence, and they deserve nothing from the citizens of this country. Furthermore, how is any "American tradition" being “honored” by illegal aliens? Did you read the comments from the teacher on the other thread? These ingrates resent even having to recite the Pledge of Allegiance. Why on earth would we want them to remain in this country? They have been taught by their parents that this country is NOT to be respected, and that they are NOT to feel allegiance. It’s sickening.

For the umpteenth, umpteenth time. . . . . we do NOT have to spend money deporting most of the illegals. If we would simply enforce ALL of our laws, they would have no recourse but to return to their countries of origin. Attrition through enforcement -- it’s just that simple.

The American Dream is for citizens of this country; not for foreigners who are only here to exploit our lax enforcement, and to fleece the taxpayers. I’m sick of being used by these illegal foreigners who don’t even have enough sense to feign appreciation for what they have received from this country.

I was on another forum, and an illegal was bragging about not paying taxes, and making more than some citizens. He called the U.S. “chumps.” It’s time for these parasites to leave.

Bravo, SO true, So true, You said it, and we Americans would be able to get back to work. This country has given up too much to of what our fore fathers fought for, to welcome these illegals. Then we spend a fortune to translates every document, into 3 0r 4 different languages. What the hell is wrong with learning how to speak English??? Why do we have to conform???? Why can't our children have the pledge in the classroom?? It was practiced when I went to school along with "America the Beautiful" sang afterwords. How the hell is that voted out???

Old 11-08-2009, 05:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Andrews View Post
Bravo, SO true, So true, You said it, and we Americans would be able to get back to work. This country has given up too much to of what our fore fathers fought for, to welcome these illegals. Then we spend a fortune to translates every document, into 3 0r 4 different languages. What the hell is wrong with learning how to speak English??? Why do we have to conform???? Why can't our children have the pledge in the classroom?? It was practiced when I went to school along with "America the Beautiful" sang afterwords. How the hell is that voted out???
What I bolded especially infuriates me.

Like you; I wonder why in the hell should voting materials especially be in any language besides English, rhetorically speaking.

It is way past time to make English the official language of the USA, period. If a minority gets pissed over it-----------tough!.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:15 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
What I bolded especially infuriates me.

Like you; I wonder why in the hell should voting materials especially be in any language besides English, rhetorically speaking.

It is way past time to make English the official language of the USA, period. If a minority gets pissed over it-----------tough!.
Voting materials in particular don't make sense to be printed in several langauges. Only citizens can vote and in order to become a citizen one has to know English. The only group I know of complaining about making English our official language are Hispanics.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:40 PM

Xenophobia ? Paranoia is what the people of other nations were ,until they werer found to be right, in which it was usually too late .

Reread you post. Speficically the part against immigrants taking away our jobs and bankrupting healthcare. It was very xenophobic. Paranoia is not a good thing for a nation to have. Hitler was paranoid. Stalin was paranoid. Though these are extreme examples, they serve as a cautionary tale against how public policy should not be shaped on paranoia.

Its not lack of knowlege, its more lack of energy and typing skills because of old fingers maybe . We can dissagree n issues but this one is not about me or you alone, its about all of us . So whatever I did on another thread to disagree with you shouldn't be brought to this one .

Right, it is about all of us. Hence why, nothing personal, I wrote those things. You might be a great person, but judging from your post ON THIS THREAD, it seems as if you took a highly simplistic view. Linking terrorism with the Mexican border...disregarding the fact that the majority of 9/11 terrorists and the majority of the twin tower bombing terrorists were indeed legal.

We spend billions on illegals through education healthcre,social security, tax evasion, job loss ,security to pretend to watch terror ,prisons ,desease , shelter, food to feed large familes of most illegal mmigrants ,extra techers and grants . This is just some of the exspense .

Much of this goes to waste and corruption. We spend less per pupil on illegal immigrants and legal citizens/residents living in the typically lower income areas. We spend a disproportionate amount of public funds on the wealthy. We need to focus on the poor, which includes illegal immigrants. Excluding them would be a disaster since it would mean the creation of a permenant underclass in America.

We can save billions by closing borders and deprotation of all who are here illegally . And also many American lives.

We would lose billions, and not save any more lives.

[/quote]

Old 11-08-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Cutting off the remittances to Mexico, etc. by illegal aliens (especially since they would be replaced by Americans/green card holders------especially in this economy) would go a long way to closing/locking our southern border.
Remittances are also sent by legal residents...Why would do this? That sounds dumb...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration