Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:26 AM

313 posts, read 344,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
LaRaza most lkely wouldn't exsist. Their concern is "Latino's" and Latino's only. Speaking of "Racist".
You call Latinos racist, but you ignore the part of the post that says Americans wanted to keep blacks out of school? Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 07:59 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
You call Latinos racist, but you ignore the part of the post that says Americans wanted to keep blacks out of school? Wow.
Uh, the Civil Rights Era has been over for 50 years now and that is no longer the case. Are you trying to justify illegal immigration based on an unrelated past? Are you trying to compare Hispanic citizens advocating for rewards for their illegal brethern for breaking our laws based on the Civil Rights Era of which was about citizens and not illegal aliens? Wow!

Last edited by chicagonut; 01-27-2010 at 09:11 AM..

Old 01-27-2010, 09:05 PM

313 posts, read 344,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Uh, the Civil Rights Era has been over for 50 years now and that is no longer the case. Are you trying to justify illegal immigration based on an unrelated past? Are you trying to compare Hispanic citizens advocating for rewards for their illegal brethern for breaking our laws based on the Civil Rights Era of which was about citizens and not illegal aliens? Wow!
You either have a hard time reading, comprehending, or both. I was talking to the post you quoted where that was mentioned. That doesn't offend you what that person was saying?

Old 01-27-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
You either have a hard time reading, comprehending, or both. I was talking to the post you quoted where that was mentioned. That doesn't offend you what that person was saying?
I'll ignore the snide remark for the time being. No, I was replying to what you said. Please go back and read what you said.

Last edited by chicagonut; 01-27-2010 at 09:30 PM..

Old 05-13-2010, 10:52 AM

21 posts, read 101,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
They're only making fools of themselves. What do they have to hold against Sherriff Joe? He hasn't violate one Law or Constitutional right( as if they had any)
What people have against Sherriff Joe is that he is promoting racial profiling in turn to promote racial division due to ignorance. In 2008 there were 19,767,316 million people that were in the country illegally yet only 19% of that were from Mexico. The next two countries in line were The Philippines and Canada, Now i might be missing something but i'm don't see your Sheriff Joe rounding up groups of Canadians he "suspects" might be illegal. And now the Gov. Has banned Ethnic studies in all public schools I really liked AZ we are really looking to move there but this scares me. I'm afraid of how far this will go and the fact that so many people are not even a bit aware of what they are really supporting all they say is "this is already a federal law" that is not totally accurate the federal law says if someone is detained for a suspected crime then they can check there residence stats. The state law does not prohibit officers from relying on race or ethnicity in deciding who to investigate, to me that reads racial profiling. I do hope and pray that your Government will change or realize how wrong they are and what they are doing to separate the people of AZ.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYLD View Post
What people have against Sherriff Joe is that he is promoting racial profiling in turn to promote racial division due to ignorance. In 2008 there were 19,767,316 million people that were in the country illegally yet only 19% of that were from Mexico. The next two countries in line were The Philippines and Canada, Now i might be missing something but i'm don't see your Sheriff Joe rounding up groups of Canadians he "suspects" might be illegal. And now the Gov. Has banned Ethnic studies in all public schools I really liked AZ we are really looking to move there but this scares me. I'm afraid of how far this will go and the fact that so many people are not even a bit aware of what they are really supporting all they say is "this is already a federal law" that is not totally accurate the federal law says if someone is detained for a suspected crime then they can check there residence stats. The state law does not prohibit officers from relying on race or ethnicity in deciding who to investigate, to me that reads racial profiling. I do hope and pray that your Government will change or realize how wrong they are and what they are doing to separate the people of AZ.
All of this nonsense has been laid to rest already. Try to keep up.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:38 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,720,031 times
people who want to comment about "racial profiling" need to go out in the real world and do the job of Law Enforcement..

racial profiling is a tool like every other tool we use and based on facts and experience..

You have let political correctness rot your brain..

As prior LE we use race as a factor all the time.. Working in a black neighborhood where there was a high level of drug trafficking it was not Rocket Science that when we saw a couple of white guys driving out of the projects that they had just bought illegal drugs..

But we never here of that kind of racial profiling.. In your upside down world of political correctness you are convinced that racial profiling is racist and against "minorities"??

It has been abused and misrepresented. Its really called "trend analysis!" And if you were IN the shoes of law enforcement you would understand that through your own experience and knowledge you can look at a situation in the "totality" of it and have an understanding of what is taking place..

And what is happening in AZ has been completely misrepresented by the left, by politicians and people who have a vested interest in Illegal immigration continuing and the laws of this nation violated and abused.

You are a traitor to this country to stand here and support what has been happening on the border. These politicians who want to abuse their positions and force constituents to boycott AZ for doing what is right and just are also traitors!

Old 05-13-2010, 04:14 PM

21 posts, read 101,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
people who want to comment about "racial profiling" need to go out in the real world and do the job of Law Enforcement..

racial profiling is a tool like every other tool we use and based on facts and experience..

You have let political correctness rot your brain..

As prior LE we use race as a factor all the time.. Working in a black neighborhood where there was a high level of drug trafficking it was not Rocket Science that when we saw a couple of white guys driving out of the projects that they had just bought illegal drugs..

But we never here of that kind of racial profiling.. In your upside down world of political correctness you are convinced that racial profiling is racist and against "minorities"??

It has been abused and misrepresented. Its really called "trend analysis!" And if you were IN the shoes of law enforcement you would understand that through your own experience and knowledge you can look at a situation in the "totality" of it and have an understanding of what is taking place..

And what is happening in AZ has been completely misrepresented by the left, by politicians and people who have a vested interest in Illegal immigration continuing and the laws of this nation violated and abused.

You are a traitor to this country to stand here and support what has been happening on the border. These politicians who want to abuse their positions and force constituents to boycott AZ for doing what is right and just are also traitors!
flycessna your comment about the white guys buying drugs in a black neighborhood is not racial profiling that is checking something out that is out of the ordinary, if a you saw Mexican family walking through the desert with back packs then maybe you should check them out too. What i'm talking about is my brother in law that fought for this country and a US marine being pulled over because he "looks" illegal. And your ignorant comment calling me a traitor proves that you don't understand your own country, We are built by immigrants our country is a great place because of the different cultures and what we all learn from each other it is not about political correctness it is about diversity and it is about targeting 1 group of people. That being said I do agree that we need immigration reform but that is a federal issue not a state issue.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:58 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,720,031 times
Quote:
flycessna your comment about the white guys buying drugs in a black neighborhood is not racial profiling that is checking something out that is out of the ordinary, if a you saw Mexican family walking through the desert with back packs then maybe you should check them out too. What i'm talking about is my brother in law that fought for this country and a US marine being pulled over because he "looks" illegal. And your ignorant comment calling me a traitor proves that you don't understand your own country, We are built by immigrants our country is a great place because of the different cultures and what we all learn from each other it is not about political correctness it is about diversity and it is about targeting 1 group of people. That being said I do agree that we need immigration reform but that is a federal issue not a state issue.
NO, what I am talking about is using race as a tool in among other circumstances to determine of a crime is being committed.. If you have a legal and valid reason to stop someone and they are mexican living in AZ and maybe there are other circumstances too then it might be appropiate to ask them if they are a legal citizen??

Being pulled over because HE looked Illegal is not only wrong but it's illegal. The new AZ law does not support this nor does it make it legal to pull someone over based on race... I assume you meant Illegal by that he looked mexican??

AND.. MY examples of racial profiling are in fact considered racial profiling and those practices are no longer conducted.. Which I think is a travisty.

And You are ignorant if are comparing what is happening today to what happened over 100 years ago..

Our country was agreat place because of the ideals and foundation our nation was built upon. Our consitution, our laws, ect.. It wasn't supposed to matter what nationality was living here as long as they became Americans and valued this country or what it was.. Freedom! But that word has been soo distorted and abused over the years we are no longer the same nation.

Our country was a great place Untill Libral's took it over and raped it for their own agenda. See the reality is Liberals or progressives Hate America. They hate Freedom, They hate our consitution. Every Step of the way they will tear down the foundation this nation was built upon to build a new world order... But really its the old world order of oppression.

I have no issues with any one individual... but I have major problems with 30 million ILLEGAL immigrants coming here in violation of our laws tearing us apart.. Do you really think all these Liberal Dems care about the plight of the Mexican Immigrant??? they only care about votes, power, and their own agenda!!

In closing I appreciate your brothers sacrifice and duty to this country.. We need more like him. but being stopped for what ever reason is a small price to pay... Police are allowed to stop and talk to anyone like any ordinary person.. But we need a reason to detain someone.. The AZ law clearly does not allow race to be a factor to detain someone.. Sometimes people confuse the two..

here is a nice video of a teacher from California talking about La raza.. Which by the way one of our Supreme Court Justice's is a member of?? I consider this person to be a traitor!

This is why we need to close the southern border, NOW « America, You Asked For It!

Last edited by flycessna; 05-13-2010 at 06:31 PM..

Old 05-13-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Having diversity in this country has nothing to do with our right to enforce immigration law. There is no one race being "targeted". Everyone who is stopped during lawful contact with LE (traffic violation, etc.) will first be asked for their I.D. That is nothing new. If I.D. cannot be produced THEN AND ONLY THEN can questions of status in this country arise regardless of race or ethnicity. When you are you and yours going to get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration