Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 08:28 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times

Advertisements

I see nothing wrong with enforcing the laws and expecting a compnay to co-operate with the authroties in doing so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 08:35 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I see nothing wrong with enforcing the laws and expecting a compnay to co-operate with the authroties in doing so.
Me neither, as we ALL have done here in AZ, according to the Law.

I am saying this. What was the cost, overall. See, the first thing that happened, was E-Verify. Then a storm brewed and then hit. Maybe it was all a coincidence. Maybe not.

Cities are in the Red. Who suffers?
Counties are in the Red. Who suffers?
States are in the Red. Who suffers?

Americans are further in the Red. Who suffers?
America has lost the color of Red,,,as they don't even count it anymore.

Where is the reset switch?? As someone needs to push it quickly.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:51 AM

258 posts, read 448,163 times
Walmart sucks. Many lawsuits against them have been filed concerning their inhumane treatment of American employees.. no breaks, overtime pay and non promotion of women and minorities. Their products are cheap and sleazy. I wish they would go belly up.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:10 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,068,581 times
Snopes said that the Wal-Mart immigration raid rumors are, indeed, false: snopes.com: Walmart Immigration Raids

Old 03-17-2010, 10:16 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Snopes said that the Wal-Mart immigration raid rumors are, indeed, false: snopes.com: Walmart Immigration Raids
From the OP.

Quote:
However, contrary to the reported rumors, ICE has no agreement with Wal-Mart regarding worksite enforcement operations.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:30 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,068,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
From the OP.
yes - but once Snopes posts a report, we can indeed say that the rumors are false.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:54 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
yes - but once Snopes posts a report, we can indeed say that the rumors are false.
That’s debatable. There are reports of their liberal bias. I haven’t researched the issue, so I’ll reserve my opinion.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,548 times
My husband and all of his family pay taxes even thought they entered the country illegal, they got their ITIN number that the government sent them when they filed their taxes. They do the kinds of jobs that for many of you is dirty and disgusting, such as cleaning others people crap, which i think you wouldn't even dare to thinking about if you suddenly become unemployed. Many of you are so wrong about illegal aliens, we pay our own health insurance, we pay taxes, we don't even ask for government help like many people do and if any of us loose our job we don't go crying to the DOL, to send us a check because we have no rights. If we loose our job we do whatever it is in our hands to find another job as soon as possible so that we can provide for our children.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:32 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,301 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman

From the OP.

However, contrary to the reported rumors, ICE has no agreement with Wal-Mart regarding worksite enforcement operations.

7,634 posts, read 2,977,428 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman

From the OP.

Quote:

Old 03-19-2010, 07:18 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy26 View Post
My husband and all of his family pay taxes even thought they entered the country illegal, they got their ITIN number that the government sent them when they filed their taxes. They do the kinds of jobs that for many of you is dirty and disgusting, such as cleaning others people crap, which i think you wouldn't even dare to thinking about if you suddenly become unemployed. Many of you are so wrong about illegal aliens, we pay our own health insurance, we pay taxes, we don't even ask for government help like many people do and if any of us loose our job we don't go crying to the DOL, to send us a check because we have no rights. If we loose our job we do whatever it is in our hands to find another job as soon as possible so that we can provide for our children.
I do not believe you--------especially in this nasty recession.

Besides: you hubby needs to be booted out of the USA with a 10 year ban on reentry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration