Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 02:25 PM

65 posts, read 77,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Denial of education costs? Ok, now I see where this is going. Widgets. If you can't assign a monetary value to something you are going to make one up.

Is there a denial of a new Mercedes Benz cost? OMG, cause I'm gonna put it on my taxes.
No, saying that a group of people without an education costs labor markets more in declining production. So it's not at all like not having a Mercedes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 02:28 PM

65 posts, read 77,031 times
Oh, also...not having an education leads to more crime (increase police costs), more likely to seek public assistance, more likely to NOT spend money (thus decrease sales rev. for companies), also less tax rev. due to inability to look for better employment.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:29 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglorious View Post
No, saying that a group of people without an education costs labor markets more in declining production. So it's not at all like not having a Mercedes.

Labor market? The "labor" snaking across the border is said to have anywhere from a 6th to 9th grade education. Their children are legal by definition and loophole called the 14th and can't be included in the illegal labor pool.

There is no benefit derived from educating a 21 year old vegetable picker.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:29 PM

264 posts, read 457,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Hmm, your posts are starting to have a familiar ring to them.
Very funny - I was thinking the exact same thing.

Interestingly, I'm a member of similar message board which always has one particular poster who blatantly employs multiple accounts and usernames to push a pro-amnesty, open borders agenda. I must admit though, he is persistent.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
That's not stealing a job, btw. I think you might have theft and competition confused.
Taking a job either under the table or with a stolen document is illegal. I'm sure you already knew that.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:31 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times
Thanks for clarifying my thoughts as well...now maybe we can get back on topic, again.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:31 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
I thought it was funny since he didn't know where I got the data from, but I stated right there.

Loosen up. Lifes too short. After my mom died, my dad got all wound up against illegal immigrants. Doctor prescribed benicar. He also suffers from hypertension, diabetes...it's a mess. I just think that while we need to control borders, why do we need to have this really strong 'hatred' (not hatred, because you all seem like decent folk, but something dark about the way you guys write about illegal immigrants) Almost as if they are personally killing your family dog. I don't know...
No, no such drama involved just aggrevation over our porous borders and the lack of enforcement of our immigration laws which has allowed 12-20 million illegals to enter our country mostly from Mexico and points south and the toll and costs it has taken on our country. If some of those entering illegally are terrorists (and I am sure they are) it will be more than the family dog that will die. Why isn't all of this alarming to you?

Old 03-11-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
That's not stealing a job, btw. I think you might have theft and competition confused.
Of course it is stealing when it is an illegal alien doing it. They don't have the right to compete for jobs in this country.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post

Interestingly, I'm a member of similar message board which always has one particular poster who blatantly employs multiple accounts and usernames to push a pro-amnesty, open borders agenda. I must admit though, he is persistent.
Until he quotes himself without logging on to the "other" account

Old 03-11-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post

Yep! The handwriting is on the wall, isn't it? I'll play along for awhile but not much longer. At least up and until the personal attacks start anyway. Me thinks someone got their widdle feelings hurt because hardly anyone would respond to them anymore under their other handle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration