Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 04:57 PM

50,355 posts, read 47,099,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Don't worry, I did.
Thank you fellow American
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 04:58 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,326,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You may not be Anti-immigrant, but that doesnt mean they dont exist and flourish on the Thread.

You cant and dont speak for everyone posting on this thread alone.
I know of no one who is anti-immigrant personally and including those who post in this forum. If someone has said otherwise please point out the post where they did.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:58 PM

126 posts, read 280,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
Why do most people who are fervently anti-immigrant assume that everyone who is Hispanic-looking or has a Spanish last name is an illegal immigrant?

Don't try to deny that it doesn't happen, because it is everywhere. People will see a Hispanic person or a Spanish last name and complain about illegals. What makes you think they aren't American citizens?

In fact, did some of you know that a large portion of the Hispanic people in this country were already in our country when we expanded to the Pacific Ocean? All of that used to be a part of Mexico, you know.

Sorry, it is just getting frustrating with all of this nonsense. I have many Hispanic friends who get chastised for being "illegals" when they are legal citizens...most of whom were actually born here. Enough is enough. Complain about the illegal immigration, because yes, they are breaking the law...but do not automatically cast anyone who looks or sounds Hispanic as being illegal, because you are probably wrong.
I often find myself asking the same qustion , but I realize that it is only some "kind" of people doing this, usually not what we would call successful people....

Old 04-23-2010, 05:00 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,609,540 times
There are some who hold a deep resentment (I'll stay nice) against anyone they perceive as different and will latch onto whatever argument they hear to strike out against the objects of their resentment. I dismiss those from consideration since there is no help or hope for them.

The vast majority of the rest of the anti-immigration group you reference are in fact, only anti-illegal immigration. Of those that are overly suspicious of "hispanic looking" peoples are that way because they have no other objective means to seek out the illegal immigrants since the vast majorities of the illegals have the same or similar outward appearance of the legal immigrants from the same places. Until there is some method of differentiating origins of peoples other than appearance, then all peoples with the same outward characteristics of the illegal populace will be suspect regardless of how long they have been here. We do not share a border with Japan, so we do not readily suspect people with Japanese characteristics as being illegal aliens. The vast majority of identified illegal aliens have been in fact Latin American in origin, so anyone with a Latin American appearance or similar characteristics of the public image of a Latin American is much more likely to become suspect by those who do know "know" them.

Since we do not carry labels that certify "US Born", "Legalized Immigrant", "100% Crime Free", etc... people will continue to wonder about us and those less inclined to polite behavior will continue to scream rude things about us.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:01 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,308,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
I often find myself asking the same qustion , but I realize that it is only some "kind" of people doing this, usually not what we would call successful people....
LOL What? You know that someone isn't "successful" because they think that a Hispanic person is an undocumented immigrant? I know of successful people who are also very bigoted. I just felt that that was way off.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:02 PM

50,355 posts, read 47,099,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
Like? Lettuce pluckers, ag workers, fruit pickers, lawn mowers, gang bangers, graffiti artists? I don't find those successful careers? Pillaging social services does seem to be a very lucrative new career though. Which is it? Am I at least close?

Old 04-23-2010, 05:21 PM

894 posts, read 1,127,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer
I wish I could rep you, again.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible
Don't worry, I did.
Thank you. But it isn't showing up in my user panel for some reason?

Old 04-23-2010, 07:22 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,681 times
Quote:
You may not be Anti-immigrant, but that doesnt mean they dont exist and flourish on the Thread.

You cant and dont speak for everyone posting on this thread alone.
Flourish on this thread? Please find these that you propose and post them as I have seen none. Comments made to suspend legal migration temporarily until this mess illegal aliens have caused is an economical and realistic solution, this does not make one anti-immigrant, but you know this yet refuse to change your chant in hopes to frustrate. Believe me, you're not embarrassing anyone in here but yourself.

Regarding the OP topic, well, as stated earlier-here we go again. Illegal immigration is not a race, it's a crime.

Last edited by getout; 04-23-2010 at 07:47 PM..

Old 04-23-2010, 07:34 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,838,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
How can you tell? Can you tell by their grammar and spelling? Is there a certain special emblem they put on their Avatar? Please, we'd like to know so we can oust these villains. We must get to the bottom of this.

If it's poor grammar and horrible spelling we should be able to nail this down pronto. Thanks for your input.
I know be reading their posts. they may write 10 posts railing agaisnt immingration, but the hatred runs so deep that they let a post come out and rail against the immigrant...and the truth flows.

I admit that I am not an educated person. I admit I am not a proficient speller and my grammer is for the most part equals a fifth grade level.
Faults I can live with.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:50 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,681 times
Quote:
I know be reading their posts. they may write 10 posts railing agaisnt immingration, but the hatred runs so deep that they let a post come out and rail against the immigrant...and the truth flows.

I admit that I am not an educated person. I admit I am not a proficient speller and my grammer is for the most part equals a fifth grade level.
Faults I can live with.
Uneducated does not explain complete disregard for comprehension. Anti-illegal immigration is the topic of this forum. No matter, there always seems to be one in the class who takes longer than others, we'll wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration