Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 09:52 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times

Advertisements

Do you realize how much it will cost to enforce this law? You don't consider this big government tyranny?

Fast Facts on Arizona’s Immigration Crack Down

Quote:
The Arizona Association of Chiefs of Police firmly opposes the law for fiscal and public safety reasons, noting that fear of government officials will diminish the public’s willingness to cooperate with police in criminal investigations and will “negatively affect the ability of law enforcement agencies across the state to fulfill their many responsibilities in a timely manner.”
Local taxpayers will bear the heavy costs of lengthy court litigation.
The costs to arrest, detain, process, and transport undocumented immigrants out of Arizona will drain local government treasuries. There were an estimated 460,000 undocumented immigrants in Arizona as of January 2009, making up 4 percent of the state’s population. If the federal government were to handle the entire undocumented population, the cost would be approximately $23,148 per person, based on a recent study by the Center for American Progress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 09:53 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Do you realize how much it will cost to enforce this law? You don't consider this big government tyranny?

Why would you think the TPers would be aghast anything that would promote racial profiling?

Old 04-28-2010, 10:05 AM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
then stop aresting murderers cause it costs even more

Old 04-28-2010, 10:08 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
/end of thread.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:09 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post

Is this thread a joke?

Maybe you havent heard.....But being in this country illegally is against the law

The stupidity of people amazes me!

Old 04-28-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
That's a very stupid generalization. If you knew anything about the issue of immigration they don't come to America to kill or even committ violent crimes. Some do, as do normal native born Americans, but it's not an attriubute by and large of illegal aliens. Thinking otherwise is a dangerous and xenophobic generalization.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Is this thread a joke?

Maybe you havent heard.....But being in this country illegally is against the law

The stupidity of people amazes me!
And this law won't curb illegal immigration, it'll only result in the same problem repeating itself over and over and costing the state billions.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:15 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Awesome, I love how the authors' of that tripe didn't factor in the savings achieved from the decrease in free healthcare doled out to illegals by hospitals.

Liberals are total pushovers. "I only need a few facts to make my case. I certainly don't need ALL of them! That would suck!"

Old 04-28-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Awesome, I love how the authors' of that tripe didn't factor in the savings achieved from the lack of free healthcare doled out to illegals by hospitals.

Liberals are total pushovers. "I only need a few facts to make my case. I certainly don't need ALL of them! That sould suck!"
The fact of the matter this won't curb illegal immigration. They'll still be in hospitals and using other public utilities. The people behind the law don't understand the first thing about why they come here in the first place.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:17 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
What is it about the difference between state and federal governments that you guys just can't seem to grasp?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration