Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 02:25 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If they are born here they are Americans that happen to be Latino. If they are from Mexico and here illegally they are still Mexicans.

Those here legally from Mexico many times either want to be called Mexican or take serious offense to it and want to be called American. Just the ones I've met of course.
How is New York City to remain a fair and balanced melting pot if Mexican illegals keep arriving in large numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 02:25 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
I disagree...

These people are free to do whatever they want with the money they earned. Nothing was given to them for free.

And BTW, show some respect to the people of mexican ancestry. They are the second largest ancestry in the U.S. .If you live here, you better show respect to your fellow compatriots, many of them have mexican roots.
No, they aren't even free to be earning that money in our country if they are illegals. How is it disrespectful to those who are of Mexican ancestry in this country who are here legally? It is illegal alien Mexicans we object to along with anyone else in our country illegally but then you knew that, didn't you?

Old 06-02-2010, 02:28 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I wonder how you live in NYC make min wage and manage to send so much back home?
Government help maybe?Many americans in NYC struggle to get by on better wages.
I don't pay no stinkin taxes, that's how.....

Old 06-02-2010, 02:35 PM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
How is New York City to remain a fair and balanced melting pot if Mexican illegals keep arriving in large numbers.

It can't and evidently a lot of people like it that way, especially the ones that don't think our laws (or any law) are fair. They prefer the Burger King approach, you know, the have it your way.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:13 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
I disagree...

These people are free to do whatever they want with the money they earned. Nothing was given to them for free.

And BTW, show some respect to the people of mexican ancestry. They are the second largest ancestry in the U.S. .If you live here, you better show respect to your fellow compatriots, many of them have mexican roots.
I have no respect for people who are in this country illegally. They have ZERO respect for Americans or the country they are sucking dry.

That money leaving this country is ill-gotten booty. No amount of spin on your part will make it anything less.

And this is not about people legally in this country of Mexican ancestry. This is about illegal aliens. What part of illegal is so difficult for so many people to understand?

Old 06-02-2010, 10:26 PM

364 posts, read 244,368 times
Quote:
I disagree...

i dont have no respect for ilegal aliens
there criminals
many americans with mexican roots
look down on ilegals to

Old 06-03-2010, 05:37 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
I disagree...

And another thing, ethnicity doesn't earn respect in my world. Immigrants who love this country (for more than just what they can suck out of it) who work hard to assimilate and become Americans earn my respect no matter where they come from.

People who come into this country unlawfully, displacing American workers, lowering the wage market, dropping anchor children left and right, while refusing to make the slightest effort toward assimilation, do not.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:51 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
The US Dollar is an international currency. Those $500 he sends home doesnt stay in mexico, the bills are used to buy goods and services from the USA. Its called a Global Economy.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:54 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
The US Dollar is an international currency. Those $500 he sends home doesnt stay in mexico, the bills are used to buy goods and services from the USA. Its called a Global Economy.
I'd bet most dollars end up in China.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:57 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJackson1980 View Post
i dont have no respect for ilegal aliens
there criminals
many americans with mexican roots
look down on ilegals to
Eventhough I have not met many Mexican-Americans, or asked their thought on illegal immigrants, most people would say[even if they dont mean it] that its not the immigrant that they dispise, its that breaking of the immigration rule. To dispise someone, no mater what their nationality, is a personal issue. One should speak for their feelings and not speak to any group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration