Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2013, 07:59 AM

8 posts, read 54,284 times

Advertisements

I rarely use the Amtrak but when I do, I board at Springfield, Illinois. I now live in Peoria and have purchased tickets for a Friday round trip from Bloomington/Normal to Chicago. Back the same day. I drove to the station yesterday just so I know where to go next Friday. I'm wondering where parking is? Is it in that building parking ramp? And how crowded will parking be? Will a parking space be available?

Thanks for any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 12:27 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,254,914 times
The websites seem to indicate you can get a parking pass. The Amtrak site is not helpful. I would call the Town of Normal.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:32 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,353,221 times

Linicx, if you live in Normal or even Bloomington Normal, you are wrong, I lived there for MANY years. . . . .Normal always feels like "home" to me!

Old 05-25-2013, 12:55 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,254,914 times
Default ???

Pray tell, what does this have to do with parking at Amtrak in Normal? It is the busiest Amtrak station in Illinois outside of Chicago. 250,000 passengers annually arrive or de-train at Normal .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post

Linicx, if you live in Normal or even Bloomington Normal, you are wrong, I lived there for MANY years. . . . .Normal always feels like "home" to me!

Old 05-25-2013, 09:56 PM

369 posts, read 759,718 times
There's a parking garage next to the station. You shouldn't have trouble finding a spot.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:54 AM

1,202 posts, read 1,251,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyJaneway View Post
There's a parking garage next to the station. You shouldn't have trouble finding a spot.
This. I was just down there and there were a lot of places. If you're willing to do a little bit of walking there is parking all over town.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:34 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,358,121 times
Default Free parking for Amtrak station

For any latecomers to this thread, there is parking right next to (adjoining the station) - but it will cost you I believe $8 / day. If you don't want to pay that, you can park at the other deck which is across the "roundabout" on College Ave. It is FREE but ONLY if you park on the TOP level. May not be ideal in the winter or if expecting a hail storm but it can save you quite a bit if your trip is for a weekend or longer.

To take advantage of this, park on the very top level (exposed to the elements) then once inside the station you will have to give your name and vehicle details to the parking guy (next to the Amtrak desk). Take your original parking ticket with you because when you are back from your trip, you'll need to check back in with him and he will give you a validated ticket to use when you leave the deck. You put his ticket into the machine AFTER your original parking ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois