Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2021, 04:11 PM

31 posts, read 20,133 times

Advertisements

Hi friends, i am from Spain.

I will be visitting to USA at the end of October with my brothers and we would like to go to drink to a Halloween Party in a University or any small town near Chicago.

We arrive to Chicago on Friday 29th of October and i dont know where we could to go to enjoy a funny Hallowen Party that saturday.

I have seen good Halloween partys in Athens OHIO, but it is so far from Chicago.

Could you help to us?

Thanks a lot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2021, 08:38 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,543,450 times
Just don't throw a drink at an American's head just because he spoke to your female Spanish friend.

Old 06-17-2021, 09:00 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
Hiruko, my friend, just WHAT are you talking about????

Antibetiks, I'd speak to you in Spanish on here, but it goes against the C-D rules!....

And WHERE in Chicago are you going to be staying? There is probably a good party WHEREVER you go in Chicago!

Old 06-17-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
Just don't throw a drink at an American's head just because he spoke to your female Spanish friend.

My friend, what are you talking about? I know that my English is very bad but I did not know that enough for you to have understood that.

We are only 4 brothers and we would like to enjoy a good Halloween party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Hiruko, my friend, just WHAT are you talking about????

Antibetiks, I'd speak to you in Spanish on here, but it goes against the C-D rules!....

And WHERE in Chicago are you going to be staying? There is probably a good party WHEREVER you go in Chicago!

Well, we arrived in Chicago on October 29 and we returned to Spain also from Chicago on November 7.

Once we arrive we will take a tour of the area, visiting some cities and especially some small typical American towns.

Therefore, we do not have a specific place yet, so if you tell us a town where there is a good party, Halloween will be fun because we will go there as soon as we arrive in Chicago.

We have thought about Athens (OHIO), but it is too far to go from Chicago just arriving on the 29th.

Is there a party similar to the one in Athens but closer to Chicago?

We had thought about dressing up as bullfighters and having a good time at a party that is held in the street or at a university where we can go and have a good time.

Thank you so much for everything!! I love USA

Old 06-17-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Coccino View Post
There are lots of parties, What are your ages, what type of music do you like, what type of crowd are you into? Madison Wisconsin is a big University town as is Champaign Urbana Illinois. Lincoln Park neighborhood in Chicago has the University of Depaul. Boys Town in Chicago has a Halloween parade.. It's a gay neighborhood but everyone is welcomed and it's really fun. Elgin, a suburb of Chicago had a halloween street festival called Nightmare on Chicago street. Not sure if they'll have it this year because of Covid. I would check on Facebook pages, that's where a lot of events are posted. Bienvenidos.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

We like more disco-type music, but what we are looking for a party with many people (about 20-30-40 years old) in the streets drinking and wearing costumes. No kids party.

If 31st OCT is on Sunday, the Halloweeen partys used to be on friday? or on saturday?

Thanks agsin

Old 06-17-2021, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Coccino View Post
Yes, almost all the parties will be the Friday or Saturday. The party is Madison Wisconsin is pretty big and a lot closer than Athens. it's a University party so the crowd will be predominately University aged students and recent graduates. Elgin Illinois also has one, it was cancelled last year due to covid so i'm not sure if they will have it this year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_...alloween_Party

https://www.nightmareonchicagostreet.com/
It is great.

I think we go to the south from Chicago, because of that we will not go to Madison , but Elgin is better.

Thanks a lot from Spain

Old 06-17-2021, 06:42 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin which is about 75 miles east of Madison, Wisconsin. And Don IS correct: historically it is a VERY wild Halloween party time.

But you said you are not really thinking of going to Wisconsin!

If you are not uncomfortable with an area that is predominately "gay", I know that the Boystown area can host some very wild parties!

I am 100% heterosexual and never had any issues from going in that area.

I respect that everyone has different tolerances and likes/dislikes, so I'm throwing that out there to you.

Otherwise, when I think of party hardy areas, you can look into an area very near Boystown: Wrigleyville.

Old 06-18-2021, 04:45 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,516,469 times
OP, You asked a similar question in the Connecticut forums in 2018. Did you find anything there?

Old 06-18-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin which is about 75 miles east of Madison, Wisconsin. And Don IS correct: historically it is a VERY wild Halloween party time.

But you said you are not really thinking of going to Wisconsin!

If you are not uncomfortable with an area that is predominately "gay", I know that the Boystown area can host some very wild parties!

I am 100% heterosexual and never had any issues from going in that area.

I respect that everyone has different tolerances and likes/dislikes, so I'm throwing that out there to you.

Otherwise, when I think of party hardy areas, you can look into an area very near Boystown: Wrigleyville.

Thanks a lot, i am not uncomfortable with an gay area, no problem with that. I take your suggestions about Boystown but i think we will stay in Chicago at the end of our trip, about Friday 5th Nov.

In 2019 i were in Chicago with my wife and we were in Octoberfest (1429 W Wellington Ave), i think it was near a church....it was very funny and not very wild party, but with my wife it was better .

Now i go with my 3 brothers and i would like any wilder party. We are looking for a small village or a University/College with a Halloween party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
OP, You asked a similar question in the Connecticut forums in 2018. Did you find anything there?

Yes, you would be a good detective . It was the trip that i mentioned before in this post. That year we were looking for a small town to enjoy Halloween, kids with trick or treat,..... and we were in SleepyHollow.
It was wonderful......the houses, the kids, the customes,.........Never never we forget that night.

All my family, my wife and brothers, loves USA......In fact we will go this August to Miami with my wife, and then with my 3 btothers in October/November.

Only i have to learn english better to be a good american

Thanks for all

Old 06-28-2021, 12:46 PM

We would like very much to know the Halloween parties of the University fraternities.

So we have thought about going to the University of Illinois at Champaigne - Urbana, but I don't know two things:

1.-If the fraternities usually have parties for Halloween

2.-If we could enter a house of a Fraternity to know what the parties are like in them, or they are usually restricted to University students.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois