Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 04:02 PM

183 posts, read 242,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma(in waiting) View Post
We've bounced around a few places due to my husband's employment and almost every place we've lived has had their good points and bad points. No place was a utopia, but we always wanted to come back to Indiana. It's just a good fit for us here and I wouldn't live anywhere else by choice (and I was born and raised in California).

I hope you find what you're looking for in Oklahoma. My experiences have been that the people there are very nice (I had an aunt who lived in Norman, OK and everyone was always very congenial to us when we visited).
Thank you me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug1980 View Post
Well Lawton is ghetto...trust me I know. As for housing, well in AK for a 2 bedroom apt it runs $1,500/month so IN is cheap compared to that. I am from Otwell IN and own a 2 bedroom house with a 1/4 acre lot, 2 car garage in town and pay $400/month for taxes, Ins, Interest and Principle. Now that is cheap. So what I'm getting at is you may hate the town you live in but the whole State is not that bad. You may be happy in OK but you could be just as happy 30 minutes away from where you are now. But as you said to each their own. Just do your homework and look at everything...from taxes to weather, and jobs to schools. Every place I have lived had many things I loved and many things I didn't. But the only place that truely felt like home was IN. Good luck and I hope you find a place to call home.

Doug
Former A.F SSgt
Im sorry I never heard of Otwell but it sounds like a nice place. I didnt say the place Im from is bad. Clayton/ Cascade has an amazing school and I always thought Id buy land out there and raise my kids there. Mooresville is okay too, decent school systems and we dont get very much crime out here. Im just bored with it. Im ready to experience other places. Im not 100% sure Im moving yet cause as I said my family is what keeps me rooted here its just something were looking into as a strong possibility.

Im not sure what part of Lawton you are from. My aunt lives in a nice neighborhood, country just like I want with nice people. Not at all like the ghetto.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:03 PM

265 posts, read 964,489 times
How boring it would be if everyone liked the same things/places.

We lived for awhile in a city that was absolutely beautiful, but we had absolutely no luck making friends (and not for lack of trying). We loved the area, loved our house, loved the amenities, but those things don't make up for getting together with a group of friends for dinner, a movie, or a round of golf. Maybe it was us, but we had no trouble anywhere else we lived.

There's no right answer for everyone. It's just a matter of where you feel at home. For us, that's Indiana. For the next person, it might be California. For another, it might be Oklahoma.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:

We lived for awhile in a city that was absolutely beautiful, but we had absolutely no luck making friends (and not for lack of trying). We loved the area, loved our house, loved the amenities, but those things don't make up for getting together with a group of friends for dinner, a movie, or a round of golf. Maybe it was us, but we had no trouble anywhere else we lived.

There's no right answer for everyone. It's just a matter of where you feel at home. For us, that's Indiana. For the next person, it might be California. For another, it might be Oklahoma.

Im sorry I couldnt help but notice your name "grandma (in waiting)" I just wanted to wish you congrats and best wishes on the new addition(s) to the family. I had twins my first go. Double the miracle double the love.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:45 AM

Thank you. Our first grandchild (a boy) is due at the end of March.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:08 AM

231 posts, read 701,322 times
Thumbs up You should be a Moderator :-)

Quote:

Your post's are always encouraging and tasteful
Congrats on having a grandson

Old 01-19-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickeyDuck View Post
Your post's are always encouraging and tasteful
Congrats on having a grandson

I second that. You dont choose sides not nit pick and point the finger at 1 person. you find a common ground for everyone and try to smooth things over before an argument. Youd make a great one.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:15 PM

Thanks, ChickyDuck and mommylee. I appreciate your kindness. My husband might disagree with the nitpicking part at times.

I think domergurl does a great job of keeping us all herded up and under control. I'd probably need a prescription for anti-anxiety medication if I helped moderate a huge forum like this one.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:34 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
I think domergurl does a great job of keeping us all herded up and under control. I'd probably need a prescription for anti-anxiety medication if I helped moderate a huge forum like this one.
well golly ... i can GUARANTEE YOU that there are a few posters on this forum who are laughing hysterically right now. But I do thank you kindly.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
well golly ... i can GUARANTEE YOU that there are a few posters on this forum who are laughing hysterically right now. But I do thank you kindly.

Im sorry hun I wasnt talking bout you when I said all those things. I had the "higher up" person in mind when I said all that if you catch my drift.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:23 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Quote:
I think domergurl does a great job of keeping us all herded up and under control.
Moooooooooooo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana