Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 06:28 AM

3,071 posts, read 2,411,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBear1234 View Post
I agree. I take Vit D too and get plenty of sun in the summer (I've read that the body can store it...not sure how accurate that is though).
Yes--vitamin D is stored in your fat. It's better absorbed if you take it with something that has fat in it.

Personally, I like Indiana's mix of sunshine and clouds and how green it makes everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2020, 02:12 PM

233 posts, read 277,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
I wonder if anyone in Indiana actually has a bear. I always wanted to pet/play with one.
Go to Ohio where there's plenty of lions, tigers and bears

Old 10-28-2020, 02:14 PM

233 posts, read 277,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardianlady View Post
I have heard the term used to describe Indiana, from time to time. I have read occasionally online and off but have never heard a straight answer .Ditto in conversations off line .I have never thought until now to ponder the answer.So my question is why ?
Only ignorant people would believe that. All Nonsense

Old 10-28-2020, 05:24 PM

148 posts, read 122,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
Vitamin D deficiency is common everywhere. I had it in sunny Denver.
Did people stop drinking milk recently?
Vitamin D is not hard to consume in your diet.

Old 10-28-2020, 05:51 PM

8,985 posts, read 17,313,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward59 View Post
My family just about exclusively drinks almond milk.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:01 PM

Quote:
I had to take 4000 IU per day to get my level above 60 ng/ml, which seems to be a common dose to get there. You'd need to drink 32 cups of milk a day to get that much vitamin D. I'd also have to buy Mucinex and acne medicine by the pallet to take care of the sinus congestion and breakouts.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:30 PM

148 posts, read 122,487 times
Quote:
I had to take 4000 IU per day to get my level above 60 ng/ml, which seems to be a common dose to get there. You'd need to drink 32 cups of milk a day to get that much vitamin D. I'd also have to buy Mucinex and acne medicine by the pallet to take care of the sinus congestion and breakouts.
The vast majority of milk is fortified to 20-25% daily value per 8 ounce serving.
Drink 2 cups of milk today and you already have half of what you need for the day.
There’s vitamins out there that are hard to get into the diet. Vitamin D isn’t one of them.

Old 10-28-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
The vast majority of milk is fortified to 20-25% daily value per 8 ounce serving.
Drink 2 cups of milk today and you already have half of what you need for the day.
There’s vitamins out there that are hard to get into the diet. Vitamin D isn’t one of them.
The NIH recommended intake for most people is 600 IU; a cup of whole milk has 124. You'd have to drink five cups to get an intake that probably won't get you to optimal levels. Optimal level doesn't refer to intake, but blood levels of vitamin D.

And again, there are the issues some of us have with milk causing sinus congestion and acne, and for others, the 12 grams of sugar in a cup.

My favorite dietary source of vitamin D is pastured lard, which is easy to come by in Indiana.

Old 10-29-2020, 11:21 AM

1,449 posts, read 1,152,800 times
Quote:
My favorite dietary source of vitamin D is pastured lard, which is easy to come by in Indiana.
I had never heard of pastured lard before reading your post, so I googled it. I might have to try some!

Old 10-29-2020, 06:38 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,564,880 times
I used to live about 50 miles from Evansville, but in Kentucky. When I was up there, there were plenty of "Hoosier" jokes told and north of the river you'd hear about the same jokes as "Kentucky" jokes.

You know why the Hoosiers were glad when the twin bridges between Henderson and Evansville were built?
Then they could swim to Henderson in the shade.

What do you call pretty women in Indiana?
Tourists.

But I also heard the City of Evansville asked people to put their trash out in clear trash bags so Kentuckians can drive over and window shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana