Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 05:48 AM

2,157 posts, read 5,493,927 times

Advertisements

In comparing to Joliet, you have to realize that while Joliet itself is a decent sized city, the suburbs surrounding it are also pretty large too (most about 30,000+) and pretty well established esp those to the north and east of that city. In between Anderson and the suburbs of Fishers and Noblesville is not much of anything. Unless places like Pendleton, Lapel, Ingalls, and Noblesville seriously expand in direction towards one another and up against each other and seriously boom in population, I do not see this affecting Anderson. You also have to remember; in Indianapolis, most people are not "forced into the suburbs" due to not being able to afford the city whereas many people in Chicago are. Also, as a previous poster stated, most of the Marion County growth was in the suburban townships anyway.

Also, what good is bringing new businesses into Anderson if most of the people won't want to live there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 02:05 PM

49 posts, read 82,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post

Also, what good is bringing new businesses into Anderson if most of the people won't want to live there?
cause its easier for people in good places like frankton,alexandria,daleville to get work then driving a very long way to Indy or FT Wayne.

Anderson its self is a craphole. liberalism destroyed the school system in Anderson and Anderson is full of criminals.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:00 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,606,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddog241 View Post
cause its easier for people in good places like frankton,alexandria,daleville to get work then driving a very long way to Indy or FT Wayne.

Anderson its self is a craphole. liberalism destroyed the school system in Anderson and Anderson is full of criminals.
Oh yeah, it was all them left-wing liberals that ruined Anderson. Place is just swarmed with em. I guess that's why Bloomington is loosing jobs and bleeding population too.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:08 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,079,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
Oh yeah, it was all them left-wing liberals that ruined Anderson. Place is just swarmed with em. I guess that's why Bloomington is loosing jobs and bleeding population too.
My guess is that Anderson would be totally different if state taxpayers dumped around $200,000,000 into a quasi-private business. This doesn't count the other $300,000,000 said business gets for their properties outside of Bloomington HQ.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:53 PM

218 posts, read 462,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddog241 View Post

Anderson? What liberalism?

Old 11-10-2012, 04:48 PM

49 posts, read 82,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
Hey it was the liberals who pushed the diversity crap on people. which ironically destroyed Anderson Community Schools.

Instead of just having 1 or 2 bad schools in the city, now they all are bad.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:17 AM

14 posts, read 34,859 times
Anderson is liberal? LOL. The Tea Party is running things htere. Most ultra-conservative area I've ever lived in and that includes central Louisiana and Oxford, Mississippi.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:41 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,515,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
Anderson is liberal? LOL. The Tea Party is running things htere. Most ultra-conservative area I've ever lived in and that includes central Louisiana and Oxford, Mississippi.
Kevin Smith is a Republican and yet i dont see him acting *tea party* he has huge anexation goals to help revitalize Anderson. I think he is a great mayor and he is very ambitious and thats exactly what Anderson needs.
Plus Democrats control the city council.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:14 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times
Anderson is where it is because of the loss of jobs, residents and tax base. It's not a liberal vs. conservative thing.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:49 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,079,006 times
I'm surprised that Anderson's council didn't go through with the money grab, I mean annexation. From what I was reading on-line, it was clear there was differences political wise. I also watched the various YouTube videos dealing with the annexation. This was important to me because the area in the annexation zone (far west side of the county) is where I'm looking for an acre or so to eventually build a home. We were looking at Hamilton County, but I bet if we jump just over the county line we could find land cheaper. Since we aren't having kids, schools aren't an issue in terms of education. However they are an issue in terms of size and property tax levies.

Overall, the annexation for Anderson made total sense to me. However, once again they wanted to use TIFs like every other overspending government out there (Indy, Ft. Wayne to name a few) and that really rallied the people in those areas. Lots of people unhappy with TIF districts diverting money from their local schools. With the recent bill going through the state house on annexations, I think Anderson lost this one time shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana