Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 03:31 PM

89 posts, read 113,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahp45 View Post
No problem...I'm seriously in live with Indiana.

I got gas for $2.18 at the Costco. I pay $4.44 here.in San Diego. The Costco was so nice and clean too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_317 View Post
Turoni's is on my list of places to get some pizza at. They've always been a constant advertiser on many travel related websites or brochures. They get good enough ratings so I'm sure the pizza will be decent. Our main goal for this trip is just to cross this part of the state, along with the Shawnee NF, off my list of places to checkout. We weren't able to go to the Smoky Mountains this year so this is my outdoor hiking consolation prize of sorts.

It was good , I enjoyed it. Talk to another guy on a car forum he said there is a lot of good food places on the westside to eat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2019, 07:30 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,954,374 times
Quote:
It was good , I enjoyed it. Talk to another guy on a car forum he said there is a lot of good food places on the westside to eat
Get your fill of Mexican before you leave San Diego.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:46 PM

1,449 posts, read 1,150,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count David View Post
Get your fill of Mexican before you leave San Diego.
HA! Had to laugh at this one. Probably good advice...and hopefully I'll remember to do this before we move. My brother & sister-in-law always get as much Mexican food as possible when they return to SoCal after having relocated out of state 20+ years ago. It is the one thing we know we'll miss when we leave.

And a friend of mine always gets as much In-N-Out Burger when she's in town visiting after having moved out of SoCal.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:57 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,954,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
HA! Had to laugh at this one. Probably good advice...and hopefully I'll remember to do this before we move. My brother & sister-in-law always get as much Mexican food as possible when they return to SoCal after having relocated out of state 20+ years ago. It is the one thing we know we'll miss when we leave.

And a friend of mine always gets as much In-N-Out Burger when she's in town visiting after having moved out of SoCal.
Yup, I've been in Mexican/fast food purgatory over here in Colorado for 12 years, and I do the same thing every time I return to my native CA.

I've been known to bring burritos onto planes in my carry-on. TSA just laughs.

Old 10-08-2019, 12:02 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,394,001 times
Something positive about Indiana? Well, it is like vanilla as it tastes good but it is nothing fancy!

Old 10-08-2019, 02:13 PM

89 posts, read 113,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Something positive about Indiana? Well, it is like vanilla as it tastes good but it is nothing fancy!
And what would you consider fancy?

Old 10-08-2019, 11:09 PM

18 posts, read 24,640 times
Hi. It was a great visit to Indiana. I enjoyed all the places I was able to go and found several possibilities for work with Dog grooming/daycare and Mental Health types of jobs. I was able to swim inside, which is a rare treat, and met several nice families and older couples. I drove all over the state and was invited to go to church by a sweet mom and her family I sat by on the airplane. I was lucky to see everything except NW Indiana, staying on the highways mostly except through Greencastle to Brown County. It was a beautiful time to visit and loved the weather being in the 60's. I really liked a couple of areas for different reasons.

Speaking of Pizza- In Bloomington, I had the greatest deal for 13.00 and ate a couple days -Aver's pizza. They had a medium pizza, tons of breadsticks, sauce, cheese dip, 2 cups of soda in reusable tumbler cups, right across the road from where I stayed that night. Mother bear's pizza looked super cute and had it not been late and rainy, likely I would have tried them. The Mexican in Ocala, FL and nearby towns is nothing like Texas authentic or even Texas chains. I make it at home a few times a year and it is cheaper & tastier.

Lol- wild west dude. They made me pick something/topic before posting. I would say that Carmel and nearby areas are pretty fancy compared to many places I have lived. Not as super planned yet as Plano and Frisco, Texas and that is great with me. It seems people get tired of the same posts when it has the tone of "another relocation advice" thread. Vanilla is good and sure beats craziness.

Thanks for your advice.

Old 10-10-2019, 09:27 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,394,001 times
Quote:
Californians had the claim but no longer, I guess areas that people wanna move to and are more upscale

Old 11-12-2019, 01:26 PM

162 posts, read 126,380 times
Indiana borders Lake Michigan which is nice..

Old 11-12-2019, 04:08 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,624,113 times
Quote:
I would say 99% of Indiana is fancy-free. I was never refused to go into a bar in Indiana because of the way I was dressed. But in the mid-1980's I was refused to enter a bar in Dallas in a strip center near Lovers Lane and 75 because of the way I was dressed. I wasn't dressed like a slob and my clothes were clean. I was wearing blue jeans, t-shirt and tennis shoes, but apparently, that wasn't the type of clientele they wanted in their bar, although that bar was nothing special or particularly fancy. That was the only bar in my life they wouldn't let me in, although I have been kicked out of a few. 2 to be exact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana