Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 02:12 PM

2 posts, read 8,144 times

Advertisements

I was wondering what anyone could tell me about Lebanon. I am looking at some property on the internet and would like some local opinions of the town and surrounding area ie: general look of the place, how the economy is, job market, type of people that kind of thing. Also weather summer and winter. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 03:52 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,125,109 times
Lebanon, the home of Rick Mount. What happened to him, anyway?

Old 07-23-2009, 05:26 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
My spouse grew up about 1/2 hour from Lebanon. I suspect most of the people living there are farmers, own a family business or commute to Indianapolis, or maybe Lafayette, for employment. It's a small town that I think has become more and more an Indianapolis suburb rather than it's own place. One thing it does have going for it, in my opinion, is it's proximity to 65. It makes it easier to get other places. It's been many years since I've been through the actual town, but I recall it was pretty small with not much downtown.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:51 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,056,190 times
Lebanon is still essentially a rural town even though it's quickly becoming a suburb of Indianapolis. Mainy in Lebanon and in the surrounding area it's mainly agriculture. Their isn't really that much in Lebanon their are some mom and pop business and a few chain restaurants but other than that Lebanon is mainly a rural town.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:19 PM

2 posts, read 8,144 times
Thank you for your posts. At the risk of seeming ignorant who might be Rick Mount? And, good question, what did happen to him?

Old 07-24-2009, 02:47 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,125,109 times
Rick Mount was an incredible highschool basketball player from Lebanon. He now has a school to teach kids about basketball. Google him.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,013 times
Lebanon is a small country type of town. Its a great place to raise a family. There's not a whole lot to do in Lebanon but we are close to places where there are things to do like Indy and lafayette. As far as the economy and job market around here its ok a lot of people commute to the indy, lafayette area for good paying jobs. There is a lot of new factorys around the "anson" whitestown area that pay pretty well which is only about 7 miles from lebanon. I've lived in lebanon for 26 years and most of the people ive met here are pretty friendly.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,199 times
Default Commute Time

Can anyone tell us what the commute time is between Lebanon and Ivy Tech Community College downtown on Meridian? We currently are renting in the Camby/Friendswood area, but like smaller towns. We're also looking for an older house with some character. The commute would be what would keep us. We've heard 65 isn't bad, but are we talking 30 minutes each way, or more like 45 or an hour? Any details would be beneficial. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana