Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 05:12 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,744,693 times

Advertisements

rumor has it that he'll take over for Mora .... puhlease! What a crap job that would be ... playing yes sir babysitter to peyton manning ... blech.

Here's what I want to happen ... Charlie takes a year off to get well. Then when the Bears finally fire Lovie Smith after next season, the Bears hire Jon Gruden as head coach and Gruden hires Weis to be the OC! This would be one happy Bears fan! A gal can wish right????

i hope my buddy is right too ... i thought it was bold of him to say that .. i mean, the dude's on tv!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 05:38 AM

8,982 posts, read 17,302,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
The following are magical words in Stoops' statement:
"You never know what the good lord brings you.."

Indeed, the good Lord could bring him to Notre Dame and very soon. Halllelujah!!!
With all due respect; why in the world would you want Bob Stoops? His teams get CRUSHED in BCS games. His teams frequently do not show up in big spots.

I suppose ND deserves a guy like Stoops.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:48 AM

RUMOR HAS IT!!!
Talks have broken down completely with Stoops. It's over. ND offered him the job with a lowball salary and Stoops turned it down and countered with more money and academic concessions for his players ... that's where it ended.

They're going to ********** up AGAIN. Heckuva job Swarbrick!

Old 12-01-2009, 11:12 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,541,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
RUMOR HAS IT!!!
Talks have broken down completely with Stoops. It's over. ND offered him the job with a lowball salary and Stoops turned it down and countered with more money and academic concessions for his players ... that's where it ended.

Irish fans need to face reality: It's not 1988 | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

Old 12-01-2009, 12:34 PM

855 posts, read 2,397,433 times
Quote:
RUMOR HAS IT!!!

Caaaalm down and step away from the keyboard for a bit. I've already quit paying attention to all the stuff that's flying around. If you do, you'll drive yourself up a wall. I don't think there's anyone that really knows anything because the same people that are saying these things are changing their tunes at the drop of a hat.

It's best to take any rumor or report, good or bad, with a grain of salt, let the process work itself out and see where the chips actually fall. There's nothing we can do to affect what happens so all we can do is wait and see and hope for the best. Remember the Serenity Prayer.

I'd hate to see it drag out for awhile because I certainly wouldn't want to see you end up in AA or read about some crazed Indiana woman being arrested for TPing the entire Notre Dame campus or something.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:37 PM

855 posts, read 2,397,433 times
Eh. I didn't read it but the same thing could have been written about USC until they stumbled onto Petey and if I remember, he wasn't their top choice. They'd been through a plethora of coaches and wallowed in mediocrity for over twenty years until then, including trying to resurrect John Robinson.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:32 PM

wait .. what???? IT'S NOT 1988???? Really??? Really and for true??? Wow, that Indy star, sure is one sharp tack of a paper.

I'm fine. It's kind of fun actually, watching all these internet people speculate.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:41 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,541,530 times
Quote:
wait .. what???? IT'S NOT 1988???? Really??? Really and for true??? Wow, that Indy star, sure is one sharp tack of a paper.

I'm fine. It's kind of fun actually, watching all these internet people speculate.
Did you read the column, or are you spouting off based on the headline only?

Old 12-01-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Did you read the column, or are you spouting off based on the headline only?
pure spout. I'll own up to it.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:22 PM

just read it ... ok, i still own the spout. Notre Dame does hold it's athletes to higher standards than all other programs and that's killing them. If it weren't for prop 48 back in the day, ND would NEVER have won that NC in 1988. I wish they would reinstate something like that again.

ND needs to get over itself ... yea, I said it.

update ... upon further research, prop 48 and prop 16 still exist. But ND holds it's admission standards for it's athletes the same as it's non-athlete students. That means athletes must be able to pass freshman calculus and have 3 years of foreign language in high school ... seriously .. how many div. 1 talent took 3 years of foreign language in high school ... how many took calc. much less passed it and can pass it their freshman year at ND??? And then there's that swimming test all students must pass in order to graduate, but that's a story for another thread. Neither Tony Rice nor Chris Zorich would be accepted at ND with their standards at this time.

Last edited by domergurl; 12-01-2009 at 05:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana