Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 01:49 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times

Advertisements

I love Patachou! Their 6 layer chocolate cake can be bought at Costco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 03:01 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
X-Greensboro Resident, my brother and SIL are moving to Indy next month. Do you think they'll be able to find any NC style BBQ in the area?

By the way, is that the same Original Pancake House as around here?
Hey Superk,

I have yet to find a NC style BBQ joint here but it may just be me, I don't know. About The Original Pancake House, to be honest, I did not even know it was a chain and I had never seen it in NC. We had an IHOP in Greensboro but not an Original Pancake house. When we ate there, it didn't feel like a chain and it's excellent, is there one in Charlotte/Huntersville area with the same name? There is another breakfast joint up on the northside in Carmel (Meridian and 136th), called Brunchies that's very good also. Where is your brother moving to?

Old 07-16-2007, 08:15 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,761,065 times
Ya want some GREAT food? Go south on IN 67 to Gray Brother's Cafeteria in Mooresville. It isn't fancy. It is just great food and the best piece of pie you'll find anywhere. If it is a nice day get it to travel in the carry out section on the west end of the building and take it to the city park to eat.
And, for those of you who want some good BBQ, Mooresville has Squealers.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:17 PM

63 posts, read 391,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
Original Pancake House is a chain but we all seem to love it here and have forgotten it was a chain. I ate at one in Orlando that was horrid and I ate at one in California that had expanded/changed the menu but still good.

Banana and sour cream crepes, cherry crepes, Dutch Baby pancake, yummm. Kind of expensive but always consistent and good coffee.

There are a couple of Cafe Patachou's in town that are upscale wonderful local spots for breakfast or lunch. The one downtown in the Simon Building was terrific if a little pricy. Good place for a lunch. You should see their 12 inch high cakes. Cannot imagine one person eating a slice.
I agree Cafe Patachou is much better than the Original Pancake House. LaPeeps is good too

Old 07-16-2007, 10:01 PM

8,981 posts, read 17,294,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
2. Is there something going on in Indy the weekend of July 28-30? I'm seeing a number of hotels that are booked up already.
There is a NASCAR race that weekend.

To briefly add to the list, Athens on 86th is good if you like greek food, and there is a squealer's on west 86th street if you do not want to make the drive to Mooresville.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:55 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,537,150 times
Bazbeaux's on Mass Av is a wonderful place in the cultural district. Great food that you can walk off in a nice neighborhood.

If either of you is into salad, you must try their antipasto with the house vinaigrette!!!!!

Old 07-30-2007, 02:20 PM

305 posts, read 1,618,714 times
I concur with Santorini's, they are awesome. St Elmo's if you want to drop some coin. Milano Inn is great as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis