Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 03:41 PM

13 posts, read 12,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelerUSA45 View Post
Stop with your baseless assumptions, and please no longer comment on my posts. Your input has not been helpful. I never said I wanted to avoid families. I have no need to worry about a big house or school zones since I will be living alone. I prefer a more urban lifestyle than a soccer mom one since I have no children.
Oh ignore soccer mom and her hurty feelings. She took it way too personal -- it's not about her, it's about you and where you want to live. Heck, I once lived in an HOA community when my daughter was growing up. It was a great place to raise a family. Nowadays I don't want to live in the burbs with hoosier moms and their play date children! I like kids but I absolutely do not want to live in Suburbicon because I would have nothing in common with my neighbors. That's why my friend who lives in Garfield Park moved out of Fall Creek Place. It became very family oriented and all the gays and cool people moved out is what she told me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 10:08 AM

107 posts, read 107,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl the Squirrel View Post
That's why my friend who lives in Garfield Park moved out of Fall Creek Place. It became very family oriented and all the gays and cool people moved out is what she told me.
So where are all the singles over 40 moving? Garfield Park?

Old 11-01-2019, 12:27 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Oh ignore soccer mom and her hurty feelings. She took it way too personal -- it's not about her,
I am not a soccer mom. "Lol."

Old 11-01-2019, 02:30 PM

107 posts, read 107,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Nobody cares what YOU are or are not. This thread is not about YOU. Can you read? Are you offering neighborhood suggestions for my demographic? I never saw one helpful bit - so walk on.

Old 11-01-2019, 03:03 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,377,898 times
Quote:
Lacrosse. Soccer is so gauche.

RM

Old 11-03-2019, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Lacrosse. Soccer is so gauche.

RM
Also not a Carmelite. Boom.

Old 11-09-2019, 04:44 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,760,644 times
You could also check out the University Heights area which would put you near the "Red Line" which is a much touted bus route.

Old 11-09-2019, 05:21 AM

5,978 posts, read 7,377,898 times
Quote:
Also not a Carmelite. Boom.
Tha goes without saying, really:

The Carmelites, formally known as the Order of the Brothers of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Mount Carmel or sometimes simply as Carmel by synecdoche, is a Roman Catholic mendicant religious order for men founded, probably in the 12th century, on Mount Carmel in the Crusader States, hence the name.

RM

Old 03-17-2020, 12:35 PM

13 posts, read 12,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelerUSA45 View Post
So where are all the singles over 40 moving? Garfield Park?
Most of the VERY downtown neighborhoods are good for singles over 40. Indy keeps expanding it's definition of / boundary of downtown. So closer to center city (aka circle city) is where it's happening. I suggest you check out Irvington and Kennedy-King and Garfield for more affordable options. If you have a bigger budget then you have more options of other downtown neighborhoods. Nathan Phaler is a terrific realtor. He pegged my personality right off the bat and the neighborhoods that would suit me.

Old 03-18-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Most of the VERY downtown neighborhoods are good for singles over 40. Indy keeps expanding it's definition of / boundary of downtown. So closer to center city (aka circle city) is where it's happening. I suggest you check out Irvington and Kennedy-King and Garfield for more affordable options. If you have a bigger budget then you have more options of other downtown neighborhoods. Nathan Phaler is a terrific realtor. He pegged my personality right off the bat and the neighborhoods that would suit me.
None of the places you mentioned are downtown, and no one who lives in the city refers to them as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis