Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 06:03 AM

1,099 posts, read 3,736,207 times

Advertisements

Avon only has about 9000? Seriously? Wow, I would have thought that number was way higher.
According to this site (see below) it is more like 20,000, but I don't know where they got their numbers either. Remember that Avon is growing rapidly, so if you look at a site that is just a few years old, it will be way off. I see another site that puts the number around 11,000, and yet another that says 6,000. The Avon website says we have around 10,000 now (whenever it was written) but are expected to top 20,000 by 2010.

**I have no affiliation with the following site and have no idea where they got their info:
Avon Indiana Real Estate - Avon Homes For Sale (http://www.househunterhq.com/Indiana/Avon.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 08:20 AM

76 posts, read 277,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiJayne View Post
Avon only has about 9000? Seriously? Wow, I would have thought that number was way higher.
According to this site (see below) it is more like 20,000, but I don't know where they got their numbers either. Remember that Avon is growing rapidly, so if you look at a site that is just a few years old, it will be way off. I see another site that puts the number around 11,000, and yet another that says 6,000. The Avon website says we have around 10,000 now (whenever it was written) but are expected to top 20,000 by 2010.

**I have no affiliation with the following site and have no idea where they got their info:
Avon Indiana Real Estate - Avon Homes For Sale (http://www.househunterhq.com/Indiana/Avon.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 - broken link)

According to Wikipedia, "The 2005 Indiana Population Estimate Update estimated the population [of Avon] as 8,918." That was four years ago, so I'm sure the population has grown since then. 11,000 is probably about right. I'd be surprised if the population exploded to 20K by next year, though.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:49 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,091,114 times
100% population growth in 1 yr would be a pretty big strectch in todays economy

Old 04-13-2009, 11:51 AM

I originally did ask about avon , brownsburg, and carmel and post got expanded to plainville, and green wood . Looking at a map the airport is very close , with the planes constantly taking off and landing is that an adverse condition for these towns?

Old 04-13-2009, 06:52 PM

You can really hear the planes in Plainfield, and sometimes in Avon. In my living room in Avon, it is enough that you can hear it if the windows are open, but not if they are closed unless it is silent in the house, and it is never silent in my house

Old 04-13-2009, 07:36 PM

I'm begining to lean towards brownsburg, schools are all rated 10's, within 30 mins commute to downtown, 19000 population not too big not too small , most things I have read is people view avon and zionsville favorably so I'd be buffered by two good towns. probably would not get the airport noise. looks like I could get a very nice house in the price range on 1 to 2 acres. So... now that I'm leaning this way give me reasons of why someplace else would be a better choice..

Old 04-14-2009, 11:25 AM

11 posts, read 55,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkev View Post
A= avon
B= brownsburg
C=carmel
possible relo from new england with lots of questions hoping you guys can help with some.

1. looking for about 1/2 hr commute with no traffic to west raymond st in Indy
2. I currently live on 5 acres and love my privacy, I don't require 5 acres but the .29 acre lots with houses on either side and behind are just a little too close
3. Have 2 kids ages 3 and 6 would like parks , playgrounds neighborhood with other kids.
4. price range 300k-400k
5. dry usable basement, are wet basement a problem it seems everybody has a sump pump, is it a low lying area problem or high water table?
6. swimming pools don't seem very common , Why wouldn't more people have them apparently there are 5 months of swimmable weather?
7. Would only probably be there about 3 yrs would need a sought after area that would have potential higher resale over next 3 yrs.

so would you say A,B, or C
There are some really nice communities around Greenwood that will buy you a whole a lot more house/land then you can in Carmel. if you are interested look around Southport Rd. and I-65.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:53 PM

Yeah, Brownsburg is pretty nice! It has a cute downtown type area.
Once they finish the roadwork it will be even better, right now there are several areas that I avoid as much as possible because of the construction going on (or needed!)

I have seen some very nice homes in Brownsburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis