Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 09:25 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,155,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susiebw View Post
I know it's an extreme example and needs a lot of updating but there's a 10,000sqf home on 3+ acres with tennis court, shuffleboard court, pool, dance floor at 27 Forrests Edge for $550,000. Unless it was the actual scene of a terrible homicide, that's a crazy price!
Rynard's property is assessed at close to $500K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 01:37 PM

13 posts, read 66,504 times
Who's Rynard?

Old 04-29-2010, 02:22 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,155,961 times
According to the tax records Rynard owns that place.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:38 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,608,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking357 View Post
Columbus, Cleveland and Cincinnati are all phenomenally better than Indy. Louisville also dusts Indy - hard.

Show me Indy's Bardstown Road. Show me Indy's Jungle Jim's. Show me Indy's Great Lake skyline. Show me Indy's German Village. Columbus is a lot bigger than Indy and getting bigger, all the time.

Face it, Indy is falling behind, and the people who stand up for Indy, just the way it is, are holding the city back.

If you want Indy to improve, you need to admit you're wrong about it.
Show me Columbus' downtown. How about their Circle Centre Mall, the most well known racetrack in the world, about the best arenas in the NBA and NFL, or a unique landmark like Monument Circle? In fact how about you show me ANYTHING in downtown Columbus. It is dead after 6 o'clock. Besides the metro areas are both growing at the same rate. People from Columbus annoy me because they always argue about how much better their neighborhoods are, but their most important neighborhood, downtown, SUCKS!

Old 04-29-2010, 05:24 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,744,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
Show me Columbus' downtown. How about their Circle Centre Mall, the most well known racetrack in the world, about the best arenas in the NBA and NFL, or a unique landmark like Monument Circle? In fact how about you show me ANYTHING in downtown Columbus. It is dead after 6 o'clock. Besides the metro areas are both growing at the same rate. People from Columbus annoy me because they always argue about how much better their neighborhoods are, but their most important neighborhood, downtown, SUCKS!
yea! Columbus Indiana is better than Columbus Ohio!!!!

Old 04-29-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
yea! Columbus Indiana is better than Columbus Ohio!!!!
Haha thats true.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:18 AM

436 posts, read 952,678 times
Quote:
Show me Columbus' downtown.
Sure. Beats this one. Plus, why is a 1910 urban core relevant 100 years later in the auto age? We all know Indy's Downtown sucks, but what we haven't figured out is why Indy people cling to an idea of an urban center when such a center makes no sense in this state.

You show me all the train lines running to Downtown. People avoid Indy's Downtown.

Quote:
How about their Circle Centre Mall,
You're proud of a mall? A mediocre mall, at that? Grow up.

Quote:
the most well known racetrack in the world,
Churchill Downs? Saratoga? Monaco? LeMans? Nurburgring?

Quote:
about the best arenas in the NBA and NFL,
Those only hold Indy back and drag Indy down. Plus, the Colts' new stadium is the ugliest stadium in the NFL.

Quote:
or a unique landmark like Monument Circle?
Are you actually so sheltered that you think Columbus doesn;t have public monuments? You need to get out more.

Quote:
In fact how about you show me ANYTHING in downtown Columbus. It is dead after 6 o'clock. Besides the metro areas are both growing at the same rate. People from Columbus annoy me because they always argue about how much better their neighborhoods are, but their most important neighborhood, downtown, SUCKS!
Downtown is not the most important part of a metro area, and Indy still loses to Columbus in that regard. The fact you can't stand is that Columbus humiliates Indy.

Grow up. Face facts.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:34 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,541,530 times
Quote:
People avoid Indy's Downtown.
Well, there you go, folks. Just in case you needed proof that this poster is an ignorant troll, here you go.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:58 AM

797 posts, read 2,339,383 times
Quote:
I've never been a big Columbus, OH cheerleader and I agree that downtown is pretty dull, but it does have many more neighborhoods close to the city center that are far nicer than those surrounding downtown Indy such as German Village, Victorian Village, Bexley, Upper Arlington, and Grandview. Columbus also has the Short North, which is similar to Indy's Mass Ave.

Downtown is trying to improve as well with the development of the Arena District in the last decade (which includes one of the best arenas in the NHL as well as a brand new AAA baseball park for the Clippers which is one of the best parks in the AAA leagues). They have also torn down the old City Center Mall which was dead and are developing a massive park on the site to be surrounded with nicer mixed residential/commercial properties. While it doesn't have anything as cool as Monument Circle or the Indiana War Memorial or the many museums in Indy, downtown Cbus has very nice viable neighborhoods nearby that will continue to support its development.

Here are some pics I took of downtown Cbus for anyone who is interested:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32838849@N08/sets/72157623729070957/

This whole thing where people look for nothing positive in a place and do nothing but bash it is irritating.

"Your town SUCKS and you should grow up"
"No way, my town embarrasses your town"
"Psh, if you can't see how cool my town is you must not get out very much"
"Well, the lack of trains in your town clearly indicates no one likes to go there and the idea of an urban core is stupid, but my town's is still better just for the record"

Blah, blah, blah. Sorry, I guess I'm just not in the mood this morning. If anyone wants to continue this pointless subjective banter, may I suggest moving it to the Columbus vs. Indy thread?

Old 04-30-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
You show me all the train lines running to Downtown. People avoid Indy's Downtown.

You're proud of a mall? A mediocre mall, at that? Grow up.

Downtown is not the most important part of a metro area, and Indy still loses to Columbus in that regard. The fact you can't stand is that Columbus humiliates Indy.

Grow up. Face facts.
Is this a joke?

First, there is an Amtrak station downtown, plus there is a plan (although not likely to happen), to bring light rail downtown.

Second, Circle Centre Mall is widely known as one of the most successful downtown malls in the country.

Third, you haven't named one good thing about downtown Columbus. All you have been able to do is make up lies about downtown Indianapolis. Please tell me what is better about downtown Columbus because I am dying to know for the next time I am forced to be there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis