Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:20 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,437,365 times

Advertisements

Indianapolis isnt a very good sports town. When the Colts and Pacers are losing, simply nobody cares. As far as great bandwagon sports fans go, Indianapolis might very well take the cake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 12:57 PM

88 posts, read 273,911 times
I grew up in Buffalo NY where Football and Hockey are a religion. People love their Colts here but its not the same. 1 week after the Super Bowl win nobody was talking about it anymore. Its not that they dont care...its just that it is not religion here like it is in other parts of the country.

But you left out the biggest sport here: Auto Racing.

If you are a baseball nut Wrigley Field is only 3 hours away. Cincinatti is even closer.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:28 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,340,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I would disagree with this. I personnally know as many people who are not from Indianapolis as people who are native to the area.

Remember... it wasn't so much that I said don't move to Indy from so far away. It was more that, if you're moving without a set reason, think about it carefully. If you have an excellent professional opportunity (at Lilly, for ex) or you have personal ties to the area (family, etc.) then it's worth a shot. The OP gave the impression that (s)he was just looking for a change of scenery. From that vantage point, it's hard for me to recommend Indy.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:30 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,546,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Remember... it wasn't so much that I said don't move to Indy from so far away. It was more that, if you're moving without a set reason, think about it carefully. If you have an excellent professional opportunity (at Lilly, for ex) or you have personal ties to the area (family, etc.) then it's worth a shot. The OP gave the impression that (s)he was just looking for a change of scenery. From that vantage point, it's hard for me to recommend Indy.
Your quote: "It's an area that many people have lived in for a long time and, while new friends can be made, it can be difficult."

Old 05-25-2010, 11:47 PM

271 posts, read 657,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
The other thread I started did have to do with a change of scenery but part of what I'm looking for is a place where I can meet others and not be treated like a total outcast.

Indianapolis was mentioned amongst others. The reason I started this thread though was based on a reply to a totally different thread looked at that stated Indianapolis is not that great of a town unless you are a sports nut.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:34 AM

631 posts, read 1,095,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstroh View Post
People love their Colts here but its not the same. 1 week after the Super Bowl win nobody was talking about it anymore. Its not that they dont care...its just that it is not religion here like it is in other parts of the country.
That's absolutely true. I went to work Monday evening right after the Colts Super Bowl loss, and I found myself pretty much the only one talking about it. No one acted like they cared. No anger, no sadness...just business as usual. Kinda surreal, actually. A HUGE difference being born a Bears fan, when even a Bears pre-season loss would be vigorously talked about the entire week. LOL

Old 05-26-2010, 05:11 AM

8,985 posts, read 17,313,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrob View Post
That's absolutely true. I went to work Monday evening right after the Colts Super Bowl loss, and I found myself pretty much the only one talking about it. No one acted like they cared. No anger, no sadness...just business as usual. Kinda surreal, actually. A HUGE difference being born a Bears fan, when even a Bears pre-season loss would be vigorously talked about the entire week. LOL
At my work, it was like a morgue the Monday after the Super Bowl. Once we got over the sadness, the talk started. In fact, the city wide depression after the Super Bowl was pretty noticeable if you were paying attention.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:10 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
And while it may not enter into the lexicon on major sports, Indy does have a fine WNBA team too.

STOP ROLLING YOUR EYES MEN!

Old 05-26-2010, 10:56 AM

797 posts, read 2,340,242 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
And while it may not enter into the lexicon on major sports, Indy does have a fine WNBA team too.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:46 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,546,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis