Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 06:07 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSlady91 View Post
I could always get training in Iowa (for teaching, or something else) and then leave, maybe come back to San Francisco. I technically qualify to be a substitute teacher here because I have a bachelor's degree, but I am nervous about doing it with no previous teaching experience.
You could start, as someone suggested either here or on another thread, as a teacher's aid. That way, the teacher in charge would have all the responsibility, and you'd be helping out and observing, and learning. After enough of that, as you gain confidence, you could step up to subbing. Really, the teacher's aide route would be free job training, that you'd get paid for. A bit like a paid internship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2023, 11:03 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,817,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
And what exactly is your fear? Your children understanding from an early age that there are all types of beautiful, caring humans?

No one in the 1. LGBTQ+ community 2. is out there trying to convince children or others to "become" something they are not. People in this community understand more than most that one's orientation isn't a choice. They are there to say, "It's okay. You're not alone."
1.There is no unity in fact, purpose, lifestyle or ideology in the 'alphabet soup'.
Gays, especially women, want a divorce, as our interests are now often at odds with transgender ideology as espoused by Trans Activists.

2. The removal of age limits to largely irreversible medical interventions, aka gender-affirming care, by WPATH8 has indeed resulted in an exponential spike in transgender labelled children.
This is worrisome, especially when puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones are routinely administered to minors who almost always have confounding co-morbidities like autism, self-harming, depression, anorexia, sexual trauma, etc. which are not rightly addressed with typical treatment protocols.
And gender nonconforming behavior, often merely an early sign of gayness, also becomes swept into the 'trans-net'.. a form of eugenics called 'transing the gay away'.

It is a complex and fast-developing frontier; thus I suggest that posters here investigate the social, political and medical realities of the current transgender situation in the US and abroad before admonishing others so sanctimoniously.

Last edited by PamelaIamela; 02-07-2023 at 11:12 PM..

Old 02-08-2023, 04:44 AM

16,072 posts, read 6,843,318 times
As a former instructor I would have no problem hiring
someone with talent as long as they kept their personal
life personal during class time.

Cross that boundary and you are out on the seat of your pants..... err .....ummm......dress.

Old 02-08-2023, 08:55 AM

4,861 posts, read 6,927,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
As a former instructor I would have no problem hiring
someone with talent as long as they kept their personal
life personal during class time.

Cross that boundary and you are out on the seat of your pants..... err .....ummm......dress.
With your abbreviated post, you've summed up everything perfectly.

The big problem here is the overwhelming propensity for the Trans. crowd and to a much smaller extent, the gay/liberal and ulta-religious people, to feel the "necessary" urge to indoctrinate anyone they come in contact with. If that's what your goal is, fine, but STAY AWAY from our children in the school environment.

If I were hiring educators and had even a sense that a (insert your favorite initials here) candidate would feel inclined to push their personal agenda in my school, their resume' would be in file 13.

Old 02-08-2023, 09:10 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,861,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lthenderson View Post
Just out of curiosity, say a white bald male with swastikas tattooed on his forehead driving a car that had white power and NRA stickers all over the bumper were to be your child's teacher, would you not be concerned? If you would be concerned, does that now make you a hypocrite?
It's weird to conflate NRA and white power. Even if one finds the policies they promote harmful, NRA members are generally not operating from a position of malice toward anyone.

That said, there's a fundamental difference between someone XY presenting as female or XX presenting as male, versus someone presenting as a neo-Nazi. Both males and females make fine teachers. Neo-Nazis do not.

That said, OP, you have written in other threads about not getting along with co-workers. If that was because you had jerk coworkers, all right. If you're not much of a people person, though, teaching is not going to be for you. It's all people, all the time, and they all want something from you, and you have to be "on" at all times. It's not just the kids, it's also your admins, the parents, your coworkers, your paras, and the general community that seems to think that because your salary comes from taxes that they own you as a person. The more introverted you are, the more exhausting it can be.

Old 02-08-2023, 03:24 PM

77 posts, read 135,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
It's weird to conflate NRA and white power. Even if one finds the policies they promote harmful, NRA members are generally not operating from a position of malice toward anyone.

That said, there's a fundamental difference between someone XY presenting as female or XX presenting as male, versus someone presenting as a neo-Nazi. Both males and females make fine teachers. Neo-Nazis do not.
It wasn't my intention to make that comparison. I was merely trying to point out that most people would exercise caution in hiring anyone who may be outside of societal norms. If I saw a swastika tattooed on someone's body but they were the nicest person ever and showed no racial bias, I might hire them, but only after the interview process. Same goes for the person interviewing with camo and a NRA logo on their shirt. Same goes for someone who was obviously transgender. Like it or not, we do judge people all the time on their appearances alone. But I never said that I wouldn't hire a transgender person to teach if they were competent and had no agenda. The previous commenter though wanted to blow everything out of proportion.

Old 02-08-2023, 05:59 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
You’re entitled to your opinion as am I. I don’t want my 6 year old child being taught by a man dressed as a woman or vice versa. FYI, there are probably a lot more people who feel like me than you. There are some times, such as in this case, when it’s ok to be close-minded..

Yes and one of them would be me .. I am one of those dreaded TERFS ... VERY left wing still live in West Hollywood where I will stay but ..

I got so so so burned in that lifestyle It ruined my entire life ..
My ex husband .. the dutch one ..once a brilliant aviation engineer now lives in his car with his tattered dresses and make up hoping some man will come along and make him into a fairy princess at age 58 and the other whom I met through the first one (( because once you get sucked into that no more normal people are in your life anymore )) died from HRT just convinced he was a woman .. they aren't and never will be ...

I have NEVER EVER Mentioned this anywhere on this forum until now . I no longer care who thinks I am a bigot or a transphobe . I watched this destroy 2 people I loved and countless of their friends and I will never be ok with it again . Never . When I buried my fiance none of them showed up .. the party was really over and I will not hear anyone tell me this was isolated . I know too many over a 25 year period just crippled by this to know otherwise .
I would never let any of these people around my kids after what I saw the last 25 years . . The trans thing is /has peaked . People are starting to say no . Even gay people are saying no to this . They ( gay folks) are hoping to take the T off of LGB , many already do .

Peace out .

and yes kids DO care ... they certainly do , my 2 daughters grew up with this and never again .. its screwed up our lives in a terrible way . I am sorry I ever accepted this .

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 02-08-2023 at 06:11 PM..

Old 02-08-2023, 08:18 PM

4,861 posts, read 6,927,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
Yes and one of them would be me .. I am one of those dreaded TERFS ... VERY left wing still live in West Hollywood where I will stay but ..

My ex husband .. the dutch one ..once a brilliant aviation engineer now lives in his car with his tattered dresses and make up hoping some man will come along and make him into a fairy princess at age 58 and the other whom I met through the first one (( because once you get sucked into that no more normal people are in your life anymore )) died from HRT just convinced he was a woman .. they aren't and never will be ...

I have NEVER EVER Mentioned this anywhere on this forum until now . I no longer care who thinks I am a bigot or a transphobe . I watched this destroy 2 people I loved and countless of their friends and I will never be ok with it again . Never . When I buried my fiance none of them showed up .. the party was really over and I will not hear anyone tell me this was isolated . I know too many over a 25 year period just crippled by this to know otherwise .
I would never let any of these people around my kids after what I saw the last 25 years . . The trans thing is /has peaked . People are starting to say no . Even gay people are saying no to this . They ( gay folks) are hoping to take the T off of LGB , many already do .

Peace out .

and yes kids DO care ... they certainly do , my 2 daughters grew up with this and never again .. its screwed up our lives in a terrible way . I am sorry I ever accepted this .
Very powerful testimonial. I feel compelled to state one more. I thought about this earlier in the thread, but with your post, I feel now this is worth stating. This troubles me a lot because it horribly affected my son.

My son teaches high school IN IOWA. In the school he teaches in they had a far left, in your face, over the top very vocal ultra-liberal teacher. This person found it was so important to talk the school into allowing a place to meet after school for kids that were Trans, identified with the Trans crowd, or were trying to figure out if they were that way. Keep in mind that any students wishing to have the same provided for them if they wanted to meet to discuss and be a part of Christianity were not allowed.

A very nice kid that my son taught in several classes, through this group, decided to become a trans- women. The teacher/leader of this group, according to my son, was most responsible for this kid's transition. How involved in this his parents were to me is unknown. However, based on everything my son observed, the kid was definitely pressured to make the change by this teacher and the rest of this group.

This young person was going to graduate and the confusion and pressures that he/she were under were too much to handle. Perhaps (and I"M guessing here) he/she was afraid to leave this support group and strike out on his/her own. This wonderful person ended up committing suicide.

Somehow, because of this and I'm sure for other reasons, the teacher involved was "encouraged" to leave. Had he stayed, I'm sure the community would have been livid. I'm unsure of how they did remove him and what other reasons they may have had.

HOLY BATGIRL, RuthforTruth, maybe one has to look past the "feelings" of just one adult's desires to teach children if teaching subject matter isn't their only goal.

Old 02-09-2023, 01:42 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,817,554 times
The increase in personal horror stories will produce many more 'peak-trans' events and support the rejection of gender-affirming care in favor of more nuanced, thoughtful, and multi-facetted therapies for the now-massive wave of 'disordered' youth.

The previous two personal accounts were gut-wrenching, but know that you are NOT alone.
Not by a long shot.

Old 02-09-2023, 03:09 PM

6,632 posts, read 4,300,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post

Peace out .

More and more people are starting to realize these issues

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-children.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa