Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 10:40 AM

1,719 posts, read 731,550 times

Advertisements

OP, it is uncertain how you'll be received as a teacher in Iowa, or anyplace else.

Many people do not want their children taught by someone they consider delusional.

Examples: White people claiming they're black, people identifying as furries, men saying they're women, adults stating they're children.

Good luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2023, 11:47 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,460,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lthenderson View Post
It wasn't my intention to make that comparison. I was merely trying to point out that most people would exercise caution in hiring anyone who may be outside of societal norms. If I saw a swastika tattooed on someone's body but they were the nicest person ever and showed no racial bias, I might hire them, but only after the interview process. Same goes for the person interviewing with camo and a NRA logo on their shirt. Same goes for someone who was obviously transgender. Like it or not, we do judge people all the time on their appearances alone. But I never said that I wouldn't hire a transgender person to teach if they were competent and had no agenda. The previous commenter though wanted to blow everything out of proportion.

A swastika (specifically a Nazi one) is not a mere fashion statement. We aren't talking about the Insane Clown Posse here... We are talking about a dangerous hateful ideology that is directly responsible for genocide.

"Showed no racial bias"? A swastika goes beyond racial bias. Nobody gets a Nazi symbol tattooed on them "because it looks cool." Its not the Egyptian ankh or the yin-yang symbol. Its not even the same as the traditional Hindu swastika.

And no offence but I don't trust a white non-Jewish person to be the best judge on whether or not someone has "racial bias."

Old 02-14-2023, 07:27 AM

77 posts, read 135,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho-toot View Post
A swastika (specifically a Nazi one) is not a mere fashion statement. We aren't talking about the Insane Clown Posse here... We are talking about a dangerous hateful ideology that is directly responsible for genocide.

"Showed no racial bias"? A swastika goes beyond racial bias. Nobody gets a Nazi symbol tattooed on them "because it looks cool." Its not the Egyptian ankh or the yin-yang symbol. Its not even the same as the traditional Hindu swastika.

And no offence but I don't trust a white non-Jewish person to be the best judge on whether or not someone has "racial bias."
Judging people by their looks is no different if their look is a swastika tattoo or transgender. You've made this bias abundantly clear before so no need to keep repeating it on my behalf.

Old 02-14-2023, 03:49 PM

1,719 posts, read 731,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho-toot View Post

Some consider transgender "women" to embody a dangerous hateful ideology that seeks to eradicate real women.

And some don't trust a man parading as a woman to be the best judge on whether or not someone has "transphobia bias."

Right or wrong, most don't want a swastika-tattooed person or transgender "woman" teaching their children.

Old 02-15-2023, 08:48 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,570,349 times
Quote:
Judging people by their looks is no different if their look is a swastika tattoo or transgender. You've made this bias abundantly clear before so no need to keep repeating it on my behalf.

Wearing a swastika is a reflection of an adherence to a dangerous ideology involved in genocide, NOT "a look".

Old 02-16-2023, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Wearing a swastika is a reflection of an adherence to a dangerous ideology involved in genocide, NOT "a look".
So you believe people can't be reformed? That once we are born we believe what we believe and can't change that the rest of our lives? I know many tattoos that have outlived relationships. So to believe that everyone with a swastika tattoo believes in dangerous ideologies now is as I have said, showing your biased nature, making you no better or worse than those who have a bias towards transgender people and proving the point I have been making all along. Thank you for your biased comment.

Old 02-16-2023, 11:34 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
So you believe people can't be reformed? That once we are born we believe what we believe and can't change that the rest of our lives? I know many tattoos that have outlived relationships. So to believe that everyone with a swastika tattoo believes in dangerous ideologies now is as I have said, showing your biased nature, making you no better or worse than those who have a bias towards transgender people and proving the point I have been making all along. Thank you for your biased comment.
I'd imagine a reformed nazi would have a swastika tattoo removed, or at least covered, if they wanted to be part of non nazi society and have a career like being a teacher. A loud and proud swastika tattoo owner probablly isn't reformed, and at the very least has thoughts and agendas beyond a non swastika tattood person and that's enough info to judge someone.

Old 02-16-2023, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'd imagine a reformed nazi would have a swastika tattoo removed, or at least covered, if they wanted to be part of non nazi society and have a career like being a teacher. A loud and proud swastika tattoo owner probablly isn't reformed, and at the very least has thoughts and agendas beyond a non swastika tattood person and that's enough info to judge someone.
Rationalize all you want but you are still judging someone on looks and assumptions, no different that the previous people judging the transgender person and highlighting how hypocritical you are.

Old 02-17-2023, 10:53 AM

8,757 posts, read 5,053,126 times
Quote:
Rationalize all you want but you are still judging someone on looks and assumptions, no different that the previous people judging the transgender person and highlighting how hypocritical you are.
Parents want the best for their kids.....all teachers should be judged on their looks, and yes their tats.

Old 02-17-2023, 04:50 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,399 times
A human is either XX or XY. You can take all the steroids you want, and change your looks as much as you want....you can identify with whoever or whatever you want ...BUT a human will still only be XX or XY.

I think transgenderism belongs in the privacy of a bedroom, and ONLY for ADULTS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa