Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 08:13 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
All I have to say is this:

Bacon.

I win.

Me: 1

Quran: 0
You just can't argue with a clear, solid, empirical argument like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 09:03 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,974 times
Has anyone tried bacon salt? I love it! Goes great on fries, mashed potatoes, and eggs

Bacon Salt

Old 06-28-2010, 10:59 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,738,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibhai View Post
Islam claims that our physical actions has an effect on our spiritual life. Pig is an animals that remains in filth so it is likely to affect the human as well if its flesh is used as food.
Then it would greatly behoove Muslims, especially the ones who post on this board, to stop the incessant proselytizing, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Another habit of pig prevents the Muslims from eating Pigs. Pigs are animals that may also eat their own kinds (including their children). This habit may show its affects in humans such that they may show no sympathy for their own kinds (other Humans) and ruthlessly kill them without having any sympathy and love for them and their life.
Apparently you have not heard of instances, albeit rare ones, where pet dogs and cats have feasted on their human owners after the human has died (rendering them unable to feed their pets). Does that mean that dogs and cats are also unsympathetic?

This thread topic of eating pork is just one more rant against the West (read: ALL non-Islamic countries, but most likely directed squarely at the U.S.) when viewed alongside such other thread topics such as women in the West vs. Islamic women, sex/human biology, and basic freedoms.

I'll wager there is a good amount of jealous curiosity mixed in with the religious fervor.

And now, to remain on topic, I shall leave you with the statistical breakdown of global meat consumption:

Please scroll down to Table 2. (http://www.worldwatch.org/node/1626#1 - broken link)

Yes, PORK, not chicken, beef, or goat, is the most-consumed meat in the WORLD. If it was even remotely as dangerous a food product as Islam (or Judaism) would lead us to believe, we'd be seeing massive deaths in every pork-consuming country.

But...we do NOT.

Turn up your noses all you want, PIG=GOOD EATS.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:55 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Yes, PORK, not chicken, beef, or goat, is the most-consumed meat in the WORLD. If it was even remotely as dangerous a food product as Islam (or Judaism) would lead us to believe, we'd be seeing massive deaths in every pork-consuming country.

But...we do NOT.

Turn up your noses all you want, PIG=GOOD EATS.
"
Originally Posted by alibhai
Islam claims that our physical actions has an effect on our spiritual life. Pig is an animals that remains in filth so it is likely to affect the human as well if its flesh is used as food.
"
When you think about all the threads on CD alone as well as what a hot topic the degeneration of the human race is in general, maybe he has a point .
You pork-eating theists better be careful.....you may find yourself turning into atheists-by-diet!

Old 06-28-2010, 12:03 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
QUOOTE: "You pork-eating theists better be careful.....you may find yourself turning into atheists-by-diet!"

Hey, not really atheists. The question of whether the law is governed by God or the Devil: that I believe is in the Old Testament. Say: the book of Job.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:00 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
Your are making fun of Quran, this is disgusting!!! Go on and eat pork as much as you want but don't make fun of sacred things. Quran is not imposing its rules on the people like you. It is giving the logical reason. Perhaps you'll know only when damage's been done!!

May God have mercy on you because you don't have on youself!!!
Well, if you dislike my notion of cooking pork well done, you are more than welcome to eat your pork raw.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:44 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibhai View Post
Another habit of pig prevents the Muslims from eating Pigs. Pigs are animals that may also eat their own kinds (including their children). This habit may show its affects in humans such that they may show no sympathy for their own kinds (other Humans) and ruthlessly kill them without having any sympathy and love for them and their life.
Are you seriously suggesting that if people eat pork they will become child abusers, murderers and possibly cannibals? You honestly believe that? Well, those Al-Qaeda, Hamas and Hezbollah types must be on a steady diet of bacon, ham, pork tenderloin and baby-back ribs!

I mean, if you don't want to eat pork for whatever reason, then fine! But to suggest some correlation between inhumanity and the consumption of pork just doesn't follow.

Last edited by Fullback32; 06-28-2010 at 02:54 PM..

Old 06-28-2010, 02:55 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
If the authors of the Quran could have eaten a pork chop sandwich from Pork Chop John's in Butte, Montana none of this nonsense would have ever gotten started.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:19 PM

397 posts, read 608,513 times
i remember when i was talking to a few of the brothers that i work with and one of them said that they were eating with some friends of theirs and they had mentioned that they do not eat pork and one of the guys said... "you dont eat pork?.... then what do you eat?!" haha... pork was the easiest thing to rid of even before i reverted to islam. theres turkey bacon, beef pepperoni, etc. etc. many substitutes that taste the same... so ya im all for the bacon kidd!! bring on the pepperoni pizzas!!!!

Old 06-29-2010, 03:16 AM

46 posts, read 132,633 times
I just want to make clear to everyone that I am not here as an advocate to Muslims. It is not necessary that what the Muslims are doing is all part of Islam. Same is the case with other religions as well. I am here to talk about Islam, Quran and the Sunnah. It is important to know what exactly the Quran says, what are the teaching of Islam.

Criticism is justified only when you can prove your point according the teachings of religion. Religion is not to be blamed for the actions of a believer. The fault is always on the side of the person who is not following the religion right. Whether its Islam, Hinduism, Christianity, Buddhism or any other religion, it will always teach its follower to do the right things.

Islam has never imposed itself on anyone. A man is free to choose the religion and whatever the religion one thinks is perfect for him, he/she can follow that religion.

As far as the above topic is concerned, Its the teachings of Quran for the Muslims to avoid pork and if we observe closely the reason has also been given. So, if you understand and accept the logic of Quran, you'll not eat swine flesh and if you are unable to understand or your belief is different, you are free to do whatever you want.

Therefore, I request all of you to kindly show respect to religion (whichever it is). Don't ever judge a religion on the basis of a few idiots who claim to be believers but actually don't even know the basics of religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam