Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 07:30 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times

Advertisements

We have a number of Muslims here on the forum, and it seems to me that they have been very quiet regarding the violence in response to the Quran burning incident. Where is your outrage, and condemnation of these vicious attacks?

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan - Business districts in Kandahar City were under a self-imposed lockdown Saturday after nine men died and scores were injured during bloody protests over the burning of a Holy Koran by a Christian fundamentalist clergyman in Florida.

Saturday's bloodshed in the city, regarded as the spiritual home of the Taliban, followed by 24 hours the deaths of 12 United Nations workers and Afghan civilians during the sacking of the UN compound in the normally peaceful northern city of Mazir-i-Sharif.

Read more: Bloody protests over Koran burning spread to Kandahar City
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 08:10 AM

Two Christians killed, churches burned: extremists respond to Florida Koran burning. PAKISTAN - UNITED STATES Two Christians killed, churches burned: extremists respond to Florida Koran burning - Asia News

Thousands of Islamic extremists have gone on the rampage in Ethiopia burning dozens of churches and the homes of Christians, according to Compass Direct News. Islamic extremists burn churches in Ethiopia | Christian News on Christian Today

I have searched the news and have not found a single Muslim condemning these actions, but many condemning the Florida pastor, including a call for his death...

I'm still waiting patiently for a response from the Muslims on this forum.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:29 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
I even ventured over to the largest, most active all-Muslim forum board I could find. The attacks and murders of the UN workers were mentioned briefly by one person and nobody else commented. That one person responded to their own thread essentially saying that the attack was a justifiable retaliation against the UN -- which according to them is nothing but a puppet of the USA. So for future reference, the UN is apparently a perfectly acceptable target for Muslim retaliation.

You might find diplomats from some Arab nations out there condemning the murders, but I think they're just trying to be diplomatic. As far as I can tell, your average Muslim sees these murders as either 100% justifiable or not a big deal. Muslims massacring Christians, Buddhists, Hindus and/or other Muslims just isn't worth noticing. Hate to think what that says about their religion as a whole but there it is. Sad but true.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:24 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
Godof, those were very good points!

When religious bad people do awful things, some people try to blame their religion. Actually, it is just bad people doing bad things.

I think the pastor in Florida had a perfect right to burn the Quran. Since our Supreme Court has ruled it is OK to burn the American flag, I think that should apply to our right to burn a religious book.

Last edited by june 7th; 04-03-2011 at 02:02 PM..

Old 04-02-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
Moderator cut: Orphaned response

As I already said, you're not going to hear much from the Muslim community condemning the murder of the UN workers. They aren't ashamed of widespread massacre and persecution of Armenian and Assyrian Christians in predominantly Muslim countries. The Turks deny the Armenian Holocaust ever happened at all and most are extremely offended if you bring it up at all. Islamic culture of today just doesn't take ANY accountability for the increasing violence and bigotry being perpetuated by Muslims in the name of their religion. Best guess I can offer is that the murder of these UN workers is just "business as usual" and apparently no big deal. You're only going to get a reaction of outrage if non-Muslims are killing Muslims.

For the most part, the core teachings of Islam are peaceful and accepting of other religions, which makes it all even more puzzling.

Last edited by june 7th; 04-03-2011 at 02:03 PM..

Old 04-02-2011, 06:50 PM

Peaceful? I'm not so sure. Perhaps I will believe that when I see some outrage by these peaceful Muslims against these killings. Until then as Canucu Beach said, I won't be holding my breath.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:55 PM

Not much different than how UnChristian it was when the Crusaders massacred Jews on their way to the holy land. And then there's the Spanish Inquisition of course. The difference is that Christianity as a whole grew out of such nonsense. Islam is still essentially stuck in their own Dark Ages. As a religion the really need to grow up IMHO.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:18 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Not much different than how UnChristian it was when the Crusaders massacred Jews on their way to the holy land. And then there's the Spanish Inquisition of course. The difference is that Christianity as a whole grew out of such nonsense. Islam is still essentially stuck in their own Dark Ages. As a religion the really need to grow up IMHO.
Says the follower of a religion that follows a book written even before the dark ages.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Says the follower of a religion that follows a book written even before the dark ages.
The thing is most Christians no longer follow their book, at least not literally, whereas many Muslims follow theirs to the letter.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:58 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,584 times
Islam is a religion of peace, if you disagree with them, they will kill you?
They seem unaware that their behavior will only produce a "burn the quran day".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam