Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
It's fairly rare to meet a Christian who actually knows what's in the bible.
They don't have time to read it, they are too busy reading about the presumed scriptures of religions they don't agree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 12:52 PM

591 posts, read 641,550 times
Quote:
Here's a cute story:

(Judges 21:10-24 NLT)

So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin." Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.

The Israelite assembly sent a peace delegation to the little remnant of Benjamin who were living at the rock of Rimmon. Then the men of Benjamin returned to their homes, and the four hundred women of Jabesh-gilead who were spared were given to them as wives. But there were not enough women for all of them. The people felt sorry for Benjamin because the LORD had left this gap in the tribes of Israel. So the Israelite leaders asked, "How can we find wives for the few who remain, since all the women of the tribe of Benjamin are dead? There must be heirs for the survivors so that an entire tribe of Israel will not be lost forever. But we cannot give them our own daughters in marriage because we have sworn with a solemn oath that anyone who does this will fall under God's curse."

Then they thought of the annual festival of the LORD held in Shiloh, between Lebonah and Bethel, along the east side of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem. They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, "Go and hide in the vineyards. When the women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to be your wife! And when their fathers and brothers come to us in protest, we will tell them, 'Please be understanding. Let them have your daughters, for we didn't find enough wives for them when we destroyed Jabesh-gilead. And you are not guilty of breaking the vow since you did not give your daughters in marriage to them.'" So the men of Benjamin did as they were told. They kidnapped the women who took part in the celebration and carried them off to the land of their own inheritance. Then they rebuilt their towns and lived in them. So the assembly of Israel departed by tribes and families, and they returned to their own homes.

The Jews were fighting against nations of great evil. Muhammad faught, murderd, pillaged, enslavened, and raped what was/is INNOCENT, Holy and good. Islam is a good example of what many nations that God has been fighting against could have been like. Also, that was the God of a long time ago. The plans God has set out today have to do with fighting peacefully with words. He wants the world to understand him, and what phylosophies God needs the world live to get to know him and his compassion. It isn't about forceful conversions at the end of the sword, but through enlightenment to the truth about God's compassion through words.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I could go on, but really Mohammad doesn't look so bad by comparison.

God fights against what is evil. Muhammad fights against all Christians and Jews, and all "non believers". That's the difference.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:08 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
The events described in Judges (assuming for the moment that they are accurately described) would have happened many centuries before Muhammad. I might also mention that two wrongs don't make a right (but three rights make a left). It is amazing to me what those who feel they have a god on their side are capable of. They believe that they have a blank check to rape, murder and pillage, to commit all the atrocities that they can think of with their god's imprimatur. Nothing is more dangerous, and with nuclear weapons, I expect it will be the end of us all.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
The events described in Judges (assuming for the moment that they are accurately described) would have happened many centuries before Muhammad. I might also mention that two wrongs don't make a right (but three rights make a left). It is amazing to me what those who feel they have a god on their side are capable of. They believe that they have a blank check to rape, murder and pillage, to commit all the atrocities that they can think of with their god's imprimatur. Nothing is more dangerous, and with nuclear weapons, I expect it will be the end of us all.

Good point. The OT is blood-curdling brutal stuff. I don't concentrate too much on what God has done in the the OT because God sent Jesus that changes all that. Instead of tearing down and killing off peaople, he is bringing us together with incredible patience and compassion. It knocks my socks off how beautiful he is to have sent him. All that violence and war after war after war to preserve a God. I wonder if it all has to do with God simply fighting for identity. When I look at mythologies such as Greek Mythology and Norse mythology, I can't help but think that those religions started out as genuinely holy. Like God had something very significant to do with Thor, but over the years, as new generations of people are not taught properly about the religion, then eventually the people started telling stories about the charectures of the religion. That's what Islam does to Christianity and Judaism. Muhammad tells mythic stories involving the charectures of the Bible. By doing this, you end up destroying the religion. The original phylosophy and what the charectures represent gets perverted, and eventually nobody can relate to such charectures. It's not what God is like, it's not what his charectures were like. I think the God of the OT was hard at work trying to prevent people from lying about him and the charectures he had a hand in creating.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Good point. The OT is blood-curdling brutal stuff. I don't concentrate too much on what God has done in the the OT because God sent Jesus that changes all that. Instead of tearing down and killing off peaople, he is bringing us together with incredible patience and compassion. It knocks my socks off how beautiful he is to have sent him. All that violence and war after war after war to preserve a God. I wonder if it all has to do with God simply fighting for identity. When I look at mythologies such as Greek Mythology and Norse mythology, I can't help but think that those religions started out as genuinely holy. Like God had something very significant to do with Thor, but over the years, as new generations of people are not taught properly about the religion, then eventually the people started telling stories about the charectures of the religion. That's what Islam does to Christianity and Judaism. Muhammad tells mythic stories involving the charectures of the Bible. By doing this, you end up destroying the religion. The original phylosophy and what the charectures represent gets perverted, and eventually nobody can relate to such charectures. It's not what God is like, it's not what his charectures were like. I think the God of the OT was hard at work trying to prevent people from lying about him and the charectures he had a hand in creating.

Unlike all the other charectures in the Bible, The NT contains 4 books written and based on 1000's of eye witness accounts of the happenings and teachings of one charecture. Jesus is God's charecture that will be destroyed if people start telling mythologies of him, and God will fight for him. It is testemony that breaths life to Jesus. Not mythology.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:31 PM

70 posts, read 88,832 times
Quote:
God fights against what is evil. Muhammad fights against all Christians and Jews, and all "non believers". That's the difference.
when ALLAH CORRECT the the mistakes in your books is that fights most of people in this forum were Christians but when they saw the confusing from Contradictions they became Atheists your religion not religion i saw one said i will copy new book from bible
in the bast was religion before the exchange do not think you harm any one from us or prophet Mohammed by your talking about prophet Muhammad it just few days few and we will see who will be in the hell forever do not think i am talking from Guessing like you i have many many proof about my religion not just from quran from my life but you fighting for nothing

Old 09-06-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAHmo View Post
when ALLAH CORRECT the the mistakes in your books is that fights most of people in this forum were Christians but when they saw the confusing from Contradictions they became Atheists your religion not religion i saw one said i will copy new book from bible
in the bast was religion before the exchange do not think you harm any one from us or prophet Mohammed by your talking about prophet Muhammad it just few days few and we will see who will be in the hell forever do not think i am talking from Guessing like you i have many many proof about my religion not just from quran from my life but you fighting for nothing

Weather Muhammad was mad at the Christians and Jews for a good reason or not, it appears to me he told myths about the Biblical charectures because he hated all things religious. That, in no way makes his perverted versions of these charectures more likely to be more real than their counterparts. He's just an angry dude that doesn't care about the truth. His motives are driven from a complete lack of faith and compassion for anyone. Power, love of the world, sex, money...etc..

Old 09-06-2011, 03:59 PM

617 posts, read 697,100 times
Quote:
So the lesson here is, it's not cool to kill those that kneel to "Allah" but It's ok to kill all "non believers". A story for the childrenz.
Look , I see, you are just hate muslims very Much that's clear in all your comments, were muslim killed your family or stole house?

Old 09-06-2011, 04:02 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:
Weather Muhammad was mad at the Christians and Jews for a good reason or not, it appears to me he told myths about the Biblical charectures because he hated all things religious. That, in no way makes his perverted versions of these charectures more likely to be more real than their counterparts. He's just an angry dude that doesn't care about the truth. His motives are driven from a complete lack of faith and compassion for anyone. Power, love of the world, sex, money...etc..
You are aware he never profited as much as a penny, lived a stoic life in near poverty and died with no money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam