Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 10:36 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,644,209 times

Advertisements

I am embarking on a project to learn Arabic, so at least no one can throw at me, the claim that one cannot understand the Quran without knowing Arabic.
[My personal claim is one can understand Islam via the English translations -at least 30 and the various commentaries in supplement with knowledge of human nature]

I have visited a few sites and covered in theory [only] the 28 alphabets, the connectors [beginning, middle, end], the vowels, diacritic marks, etc.
I have also covered the Tajweed and makharij elements [theory].

Any one has suggestions of shortcuts [accelerated learning techniques] on how I can speed up learning to write, read and speak Arabic in a shorter time than normal.

Any advice or links would be welcomed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 12:44 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,065,743 times
If you have the time
Look for the word Farrakhan
Because it is the key proof that the deception is in the translation of the Qur'an
And also in the interpretation of the Koran verses in which the word Farrakhan
And save a lot of Muslims who do not know Arabic.
The literal translation to that book no doubt
Because I miss the knowledge in the English language

Old 07-14-2016, 02:39 AM

3,640 posts, read 40,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
If you have the time
Look for the word Farrakhan
The word (also name) Farrakhan means "charmer" and "Farhan" in Egyptian Arabic means "happy". It is obvious that you do not understand Arabic or else you would not bring up this word (Farrakhan). Perhaps you are mixed up in your understanding of the word "furqanan" فُرْقَانًا in 8:29. Once again, you missed the difference in Q and K. You must not mixed them up.

Quote:
Because it is the key proof that the deception is in the translation of the Qur'an
It is the key proof that you do not understand Arabic.

Quote:
And also in the interpretation of the Koran verses in which the word Farrakhan
And save a lot of Muslims who do not know Arabic.
Serious readers like Continuum will find the meanings sooner or later. There is no deception. It is just a matter of saying 6 or half a dozen. Both would mean the same thing.

Quote:
The literal translation to that book no doubt
Literal translation is not "that book" but the literal translation is "that the book". And despite my trying to get you to understand it, you are still stuck in your faulty literal translation.
Quote:
Because I miss the knowledge in the English language
Yes, perhaps that's why you can't understand what I have been trying to teach you.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I am embarking on a project to learn Arabic, so at least no one can throw at me, the claim that one cannot understand the Quran without knowing Arabic.
[My personal claim is one can understand Islam via the English translations -at least 30 and the various commentaries in supplement with knowledge of human nature]

I have visited a few sites and covered in theory [only] the 28 alphabets, the connectors [beginning, middle, end], the vowels, diacritic marks, etc.

Any one has suggestions of shortcuts [accelerated learning techniques] on how I can speed up learning to write, read and speak Arabic in a shorter time than normal.

Continuum,

You do not need to learn Arabic to understand the Qur'an. Using all the translations available, you will get very close to understanding the Qur'an for your personal understanding. But if you want to debate about the verses of the Qur'an or debate about Islam (the Qur'an), you may be found out lacking Arabic knowledge. For this reason, I suggest that you look into the translations and note the words of Arabic translated differently in English translations. Then try to understand (you can ask here) why the difference in translation. You can then get to the heart of the matter.

Learning Arabic, beginning with Arabic Alphabet, will take you too long to learn Arabic. One of the main problems you will face is understanding Arabic grammar. It is quite complicated for non-Arabic speakers.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:48 AM

Continuum,

The sketch in your initial post shows where the sound of each of these Arabic letters comes from (lips, teeth, tongue or throat, and whether you have to open your mouth wide or not. This is for speaking Arabic and reciting the Arabic Qur'an properly (tajweed). Reciting the Qur'an is an art in itself. I can read the whole Arabic qur'an but am not very good when it comes to tajweed. As I have no need to be a professional reciter (such as Imam or scholar), I have concentrated on actual "message" rather than the in what sound the "message" is. To me, it is more important to understand the "message" and learn to act accordingly than understand its sound but not its substance.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:01 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,072,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post

You will find it to be an interesting venture. If you also desire to learn to read and write Arabic, I suggest you learn MSA (Modern Standard Arabic) If your primary goal is to understand the Qur'an then it would be best to learn Qur'anic Arabic. It is much easier to learn, but of no help in learning to converse in Arabic. While learning MSA would give a usable level of comprehension in any Arabic form. For Quranic Arabic pronunciation is essential as many words will change meaning depending upon the pronunciation. The Quran is intended to be heard not read, with the written Qur'an being simply a memory aid for the Hafiz.

Here is a link for learning MSA, The free download and staying with the free version should suffice. It is a good starting point. I do not recommend any of the paid language programs unless a person has exposure to Arabic speaking people. They fast become boring if you have no one to practice on.

Free Language Learning Software Downloads

A very good extremely basic introduction is "Arabic School" designed for children. Although the free version does not go much beyond learning the alphabet, it is a good starting point. I do not recommend the full paid version for adults as it fast becomes redundant.

Arabic School Software (for beginners) - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Old 07-14-2016, 08:28 AM

شم[quote=Khalif;44752887]
Quote:
The word (also name) Farrakhan means "charmer" and "Farhan" in Egyptian Arabic means "happy".
I am a friend to my question about English, not Arabic
Because I speak Arabic
Farrakhan means "charmer" and "Farhan" in Egyptian Arabic means "happy"

Here shows your ignorance you full in Arabic

Farhan = فرحان ==
farkan فرْقَانًا
Is not equal Farhan

Ha symbols
And a character Alaba
The Egyptian and Algerian is Arabic accents
English used by Shakespeare

[If the translation of (that the book) =ذلك الكتاب
that=ذلك
))ال(al=the

Note that the excess is not no place to express
Because it is circumstantial

ذلك -مبتداء
كتاب =خبر
ال ==زائدة لا محل لها من الاعراب

So why using((((((( this)))))( in) translator)))))

Old 07-14-2016, 08:35 AM

Word translation
ن-ك-ح-
ف-ر-ج

Characters
Without the use of meaning -pleas

Also
ن-ا-ي-ك -
ذاكر نايك

It is the name of Zakir Naik

Old 07-14-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
farkan فرْقَانًا
Is not equal Farhan
فرْقَانًا is not equal farkan but فُرْقَانًا in 8:29 is furqanan There is no Kaf in فرْقَانًا but only Qaf.

Quote:
If the translation of (that the book) =ذلك الكتاب
that=ذلك
" ))ال(al=the

Note that the excess is not no place to express
Because it is circumstantial
It is not circumstantial/excess but used to make it specific when used as with "the kitab" instead of "kitab". Also, Allah (Al-lah=the God). Here it is not any god but specific God.

Quote:
So why using((((((( this)))))( in) translator)))))
Because it is about specifically this book (that the book). "That" is used as conjunction here rather than pointing to something far that is opposite of this. The book of Musa (Taurat) is mentioned in the Qur'an several times but never as "that book". Do you know anywhere in the Qur'an where Taurat is mentioned as "that book"?

How can you say that it is about Taurat?

"That" in Arabic, used as conjunction, can be translated in English as "this". For example:

He lost his sight as a child but that didn't prevent him from pursuing his education.
فَقَدَ البَصَرَ وَهُوَ طِفْلٌ على أَنَّ ذلك لم يَمْنَعْهُ من مُواصَلةِ الدِراسةِ

In English, I can translate it as:

He lost his sight as a child but this didn't prevent him from pursuing his education.

Meanings haven't changed in English.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
فرْقَانًا
Quote:
is not equal farkan but فُرْقَانًا in 8:29 is furqanan There is no Kaf in فرْقَانًا but only Qaf.
Thank
Writing names which obtains a difference
Type the Koran
And will not care whether q or insufficient k

Quote:
It is not circumstantial/excess but used to make it specific when used as with "the kitab" instead of "kitab". Also, Allah (Al-lah=the God). Here it is not any god but specific God
.Majesty name can not be hashed
Because if you do that, الله will be لاه

This is a big calamity
Because this is the Lat, a lunar deity who was known Ghent Arabs
The Kaaba was a place of worship

Quote:
Because it is about specifically this book (that the book). "That" is used as conjunction here rather than pointing to something far that is opposite of this. The book of Musa (Taurat) is mentioned in the Qur'an several times but never as "that book". Do you know anywhere in the Qur'an where Taurat is mentioned as "that book"?

How can you say that it is about Taurat?
write it and we learn

Quote:
"That" in Arabic, used as conjunction, can be translated in English as "this". For example:

He lost his sight as a child but that didn't prevent him from pursuing his education.
فَقَدَ البَصَرَ وَهُوَ طِفْلٌ على أَنَّ ذلك لم يَمْنَعْهُ من مُواصَلةِ الدِراسةِ

In English, I can translate it as:

He lost his sight as a child but this didn't prevent him from pursuing his education.

Meanings haven't changed in English.
this not true
Because that preceded the monument tool ان

Wholesale by newsworthy
They differ from
That
Because it is here Mbtdae مبتداء
It is a name from the names of reference اسم اشارة
book =خبر
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam