Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 09:51 AM

3,640 posts, read 42,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Look at a map of the globe concerning various women's right. Look at data concerning women's rights. The worst places for women's rights are in Muslim-majority countries. Islam does not promote women's rights. Where do you get that? It isn't even my opinion, or for that matter, anyone's opinion. It is right there in the data. Islam promoted women's right 1000 years ago, but not anymore.
Has Islam changed since 1400 years ago that it no longer promotes women's rights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
It is the source of all kinds of problems for women.
Not for the women in my family. It is no problem for my wife. It is no problem for my daughters.

You are not speaking for all Muslim women; are you?

Old 07-26-2017, 10:00 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Has Islam changed since 1400 years ago that it no longer promotes women's rights?
Women's rights have changed in 1400 years. Single women can have relationships with persons outside of their religious belief. Single women have sex lives. Single women can enter into same sex relationships. Women can go to the beach in a two-piece swimsuit. How's Islam doing on those things? Your religion has made you blind and willfully ignorant to certain realties.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
What do you think would happen to a Muslim woman who dressed in a skirt and a sleeveless top who went out to meet a non-Muslim man?
A Muslim woman won't do that.

Quote:
Would she get positive feedback for that?
The feedback would be that she is a non-muslim.

Quote:
How about if a Muslim woman wanted to enter into a lesbian relationship?
She has the right to do that as she would no longer be a Muslim. She must have left Islam already.

Quote:
And nothing will help keep a woman modest and pure like female genital mutilation, a staple in many Muslim communities.
Culture; not Islam.

Quote:
It doesn't matter that more women are converting to Islam than are men. Have you ever thought that it might be due to the fact that men are simply less attracted to Islam?
Have you ever thought that it might be due to these non-muslim women not getting their rights outside Islam?

Old 07-26-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
A Muslim woman won't do that.

The feedback would be that she is a non-muslim.

She has the right to do that as she would no longer be a Muslim. She must have left Islam already.

Culture; not Islam.

Have you ever thought that it might be due to these non-muslim women not getting their rights outside Islam?
So as I said as you apparently agree, whether you realize it or not, Islam is not for women's rights. If you want certain rights, then you cannot be a Muslim. Unfortunately leaving Islam is not easy and is often all but impossible... which is yet another human right that is denied by the tenets of Islam. And female genital mutilation is part of Islam. It is to help insure that the woman remains pure. It is found overwhelmingly most often among Muslims.

You need to be more concerned for humanity and your fellow man, than for your religious belief.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Women's rights have changed in 1400 years.
I asked you if Islam has changed.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
So as I said as you apparently agree, whether you realize it or not, Islam is not for women's rights.
If Islam is not for women's rights, women will not be in Islam today.

Quote:
If you want certain rights, then you cannot be a Muslim.
Not everything you want is good for you. Therefore, not everything you want should be right for you. A Muslim woman has all the rights that are good for her well-being. Women in my family are not complaining about their rights.

Quote:
Unfortunately leaving Islam is not easy and is often all but impossible... which is yet another human right that is denied by the tenets of Islam.
Everyone is free to leave Islam if that's all that one wants to do. Anyone who wants to leave has already left Islam in reality.

Quote:
And female genital mutilation is part of Islam. It is to help insure that the woman remains pure. It is found overwhelmingly most often among Muslims.
It is not part of Islam. It is cultural and never Islamic.

Quote:
You need to be more concerned for humanity and your fellow man, than for your religious belief.
My religious beliefs are concerned for humanity and life on earth. That's the purpose for human creation. I don't think you know much about my religious beliefs.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
If Islam is not for women's rights, women will not be in Islam today.

Not everything you want is good for you. Therefore, not everything you want should be right for you. A Muslim woman has all the rights that are good for her well-being. Women in my family are not complaining about their rights.

Everyone is free to leave Islam if that's all that one wants to do. Anyone who wants to leave has already left Islam in reality.

It is not part of Islam. It is cultural and never Islamic.

My religious beliefs are concerned for humanity and life on earth. That's the purpose for human creation. I don't think you know much about my religious beliefs.
You are deluded. Virtually everything you said here is not true. These things you state are the reasons why rational, secular societies are concerned about the possibility of Islam encroaching into their world. Either way, I'm done with this.

Last edited by GalileoSmith; 07-26-2017 at 11:59 AM..

Old 07-26-2017, 09:31 PM

19,036 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Why worry? And says who it is such a violent religion? Media?
It is as peaceful as its followers want it to be or as violent as they want to.
Humans. Only humans.
Don't worry. When most of the country will turn Muslim, suddenly, you will see that light bulb in your head and think - hmmm, what a great religion! How did I miss on it alll that time? Let me join!
As that's how it was done for hundreds of years. After some babbling, crowd always joins the victor. Safe.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:44 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,159,415 times
With American acting so stupidly these days, it wouldn't be surprising that others around the world would turn to something - religion-wise - that is not traditional American. I'm not surprised or worried about Islam, but I am about the US and its continued direction downwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam