Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 11:08 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
Today I am still a feminist,but a Muslim feminist,who calls on Muslim women to assume their responsibilities in providing all the support they can for their husbands to be good Muslims. To raise their children as upright Muslims so they may be beacons of light for all humanity once again. To enjoin good--any good--and to forbid evil--any evil.To speak righteousness and to speak up against all ills.To fight for our right to wear Niqab or Hijab and to please our Creator whichever way we chose.But just as importantly to carry our experience with Niqab or Hijab to fellow women who may never have had the chance to understand what wearing Niqab or Hijab means to us and why do we, so dearly, embrace it.

That entire passage sounds like the opposite of feminism... I mean, "assume their responsibilities in providing all the support they can for their husbands"?!

Right.

Edit: Also, I don't mind muslims. I honestly don't. However, this story sounds pretty false to me.
Why false? Because you dont really understand Islam? Must feminism be what the western non-muslim dictate to her fellows from the other parts of the world? You don't have to be a feminist to offer full support to your husband after all that is part of marriage.

In islam, the path of paradise is not easy. However God is His infinate Mercy & Wisdom has offered the daughters of Eve an easier path to reach paradise that is not offered to the sons of Adam. Just give full support to your husband and listen to him and when your end comes it will be as though you had died as a matryr.

Of course that does not mean, the woman obey blindly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 05:12 PM

90 posts, read 134,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by souhilo1 View Post
The New Symbol of Women’s Liberation
By Sara Bokker

I am an American woman who was born in the midst of America’s “Heartland.”I grew up, just like any other girl, being fixated with the glamour of life in “the big city.”Eventually, I moved to Florida and on to South Beach of Miami, a hotspot for those seeking the “glamorous life.”Naturally, I did what most average Western girls do.I focused on my appearance and appeal, basing my self-worth on how much attention I got from others.I worked out religiously and became a personal trainer, acquired an upscale waterfront residence, became a regular “exhibiting” beach-goer and was able to attain a “living-in-style” kind of life.
Why I Shed Bikini For Niqab (http://www.55a.net/firas/english/?page=show_det&id=305 - broken link)
marsha'allah

Old 04-29-2009, 08:05 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Why false? Because you dont really understand Islam? Must feminism be what the western non-muslim dictate to her fellows from the other parts of the world? You don't have to be a feminist to offer full support to your husband after all that is part of marriage.

In islam, the path of paradise is not easy. However God is His infinate Mercy & Wisdom has offered the daughters of Eve an easier path to reach paradise that is not offered to the sons of Adam. Just give full support to your husband and listen to him and when your end comes it will be as though you had died as a matryr.

Of course that does not mean, the woman obey blindly.
Feminism has an actual definition, you can't hijack words and make up a meaning that fits with your own thought process.

If that is the way this woman chooses to live then that is her right but to call it feminism is simply not correct BY DEFINITION.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:57 PM

4 posts, read 9,056 times
Everyone, please. It's her choice, eh? Leave the girl be. True Americans would honour the fact that our country was built on the basis of liberty, freedom, and justice. I've met several individuals who feel liberated because instead of pervs looking down their shirt or at their bum when they're trying to prove a point they make contact (because there's really no place else to look, which is a good thing). Eye contact = communication and I think that makes it easier for all of us. Getting to the point without all this unnecessary touchy-feely stuff. If you're supporting banning niqabs then I'll take that as a "I-support-perverts".

Old 10-25-2011, 11:40 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leangk View Post
... i came for a girl ....
You're not alone there!!
I'll get my coat.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:54 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
tron look>>nooo..>>

or bikini look ohhh yahh>>

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 11:55 AM..

Old 10-26-2011, 09:52 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
My hominid mind, genetically hard-wired to recognize the most suitable and attractive female for the necessary procreation process our minds all demand (lest we perish...), detects a rather nice thigh profile here. I'm just saying what my crude male mind is telling me! Yah can't argue with that, even if you choose to mis-interpret it.

I also know how to take the lady out for a wonderful meal at Christophé's for a good meal, and then off to the Theatre for a jazz concert, then off in my British Racing Green (i.e.: Napiér Green... just FYI...) Aston Martin (I'm hallucinating at this point, but then, it is just an old photo of Raquel in her golden days...), and then, if she's up for it after all hat, and it is up to her, not me, it'll be back to my lakeside home. For a nightcap, and then....

Like a true gentleman. Now as to a naqib-clad woman whose visage I can't begin to see... well... nope. Sorry. no deal. And thus, for her, no procreation unless it's with an assigned male hand-picked for her by the tribal elders. How respectful of, and enjoyable fo,r the lucky ladies of Islam!!

Old 12-31-2013, 06:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,515 times
we are muslim and our women have no problem with the covered clothes and they hide their bodies with respect and dignity and no one feel bad in veil..Islam is a great protection for women..bikini invites the other to come and rape me..and as we see the western countries are full of such stories. one should never talk from distance regarding other religions and civilization. Sara bokker did a great thing. now she will be in peaceful mood of life because islam condemn alcoholism and obscenity. also for the kind information of all of you that there is no restriction to cover face or not in Islam. however restriction is being imposed on showing the private part of body by Islam. In Isalm a women is open to husband only and no one can approach her other than husband...we have nominal ratio of divorce and family conflicts..living 30% of population below poverty line but still no suicide. while on other hand western countries have high standard of life but still divorce and suicide on its high level..acting on Islam teaching with true heart bring peace and happiness in life.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:24 PM

204 posts, read 351,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tariqkhan View Post
we are muslim and our women have no problem with the covered clothes and they hide their bodies with respect and dignity and no one feel bad in veil..Islam is a great protection for women..bikini invites the other to come and rape me..and as we see the western countries are full of such stories. one should never talk from distance regarding other religions and civilization. Sara bokker did a great thing. now she will be in peaceful mood of life because islam condemn alcoholism and obscenity. also for the kind information of all of you that there is no restriction to cover face or not in Islam. however restriction is being imposed on showing the private part of body by Islam. In Isalm a women is open to husband only and no one can approach her other than husband...we have nominal ratio of divorce and family conflicts..living 30% of population below poverty line but still no suicide. while on other hand western countries have high standard of life but still divorce and suicide on its high level..acting on Islam teaching with true heart bring peace and happiness in life.
There is so much wrong with this post that i could go on for hours.

Is this not considered Rape?

Abu Huraira (Allah he pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may, peace be upon him) as saying: When a man invites his wife to his bed and she does not come, and he (the husband) spends the sight being angry with her, the angels curse her until morning.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:39 AM

762 posts, read 1,216,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tariqkhan View Post
The other side of the coin could be Allah sees women as responsible for the sins of men. Why else is the onus on the women to cover her head, loose clothes etc.. I know you will come back with the claim that Islam decrees modestly for both men and women but in reality it is only the women who do the covering. It's a shame that Muslim men are to be considered so weak willed as not to be able to control their base sexual urges at the mere glimpse of a female form.. Even fully dressed!!! It's overcoming temptation that shows great strength of character not having temptation removed just in case.

The way you describe marriage and the rights of women as wives does seem to imply that the woman is somehow property of the man. Thousands of women wear bikinis and have never been raped as a result, what a ridiculous idea that a woman's choice of clothing is an invitation for rape. Rape is not about sexual desire but about control and power. A rapist is usually in some way inadequate. Rape can and does occur within marriage maybe Muslim women do not speak of it, perhaps seeing as they should be obliging always to their husbands..

People should be free to wear what they wish to. The idea that God would somehow judge a person by what they wear is odd to say the least. Seeing as our physical bodies are of little concern and the state of our soul is what counts. A black soul can be found in an outwardly pious person just the same as a pure soul can be found in a seemingly horrid person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam