Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 09:49 AM

10 posts, read 35,152 times

Advertisements

You'll find the same thing in the NE of the US. It is not just a Southern thing.

And for the record, there were plenty of gays living in Tallahassee 30 years ago.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:20 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,488,188 times
Gay is the new black.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:20 AM

1,104 posts, read 1,522,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post
Gay is the new black.
Oh no the hell it ain't!!! Gay and Black is not the same thing. Until we have a Gay President, Gays and Black are not the same.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:44 PM

9 posts, read 21,408 times
This place is very conservative in nature. We moved from San Diego, CA and are yet to really meet any outwardly notable gay person.

We are not welcomed very much here either being of mixed races. I am Filipino & Caucasion (most people think I am purely caucasion because of my looks), my husband is Spanish, Moroccan, Filipino, and Irish (he is darker in complexion and looks like a Spanish version of Rocky Balboa :-) and we get stares all the time when we go out together, even when we have our children in tow! Our children notice the stares and start acting out of nature because they are being uncomfortably looked at or judged for no reason.

It is not a nice feeling to feel like such an outcast in a town that you are trying to establish as a home. We are both in the medical field, prior active duty military, and so we have a normal household income, but because of our racial diversity many of the locals think we have nothing or that we are a couple of immigrants who jumped the mexican border fence to live amongst a primarily Caucasion town. I wanted to come here because of the opportunities their education system can offer, but apparently their education system is severly lacking in acceptance of interracial diversity.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:51 PM

No gays and blacks are not the same thing at all! What's wrong with people!

Old 01-19-2009, 04:57 PM

I have to agree with you on that one.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:56 PM

29 posts, read 105,602 times
Sounds normal to me. But for a dumbed down public, intentionally lied to with false ideology, some of you can't / won't allow yourself to think straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradco2004 View Post
[ ] It is against the law for a gay person to adopt a child in Florida.

[ ] Gay citizens are no longer provided the legal protections and benefits of civil unions or domestic partnerships.

[ ] An employer who provides health benefits to couples in a domestic partnership or civil union is open to lawsuits for providing such benefits.

Why would any GLBTC community members want to move or remain here? At first it wasn't so bad, but a GLBTC person is truely a second class citizen in every sense of the word.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:00 PM

29 posts, read 105,602 times
So Jax is "very conservative" for not bending over forward and allowing every insane law that the homosexual groups want? That's brilliant...but that's the culture of death again.

I like how people here "blame" the alleged bible-beaters for not equating ***** marriage with normal marriage, but Darwin came to the same conclusion. Why isn't he quoted? Because it all adds up to the same thing. No human life comes from a homosexual relationship. It's contrary to human biology. It's just science folks.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:22 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,094,660 times
Thats why all of the gays from florida are moving to Atlanta cali or North

Old 01-26-2009, 07:27 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdon View Post
So Jax is "very conservative" for not bending over forward and allowing every insane law that the homosexual groups want? That's brilliant...but that's the culture of death again.

I like how people here "blame" the alleged bible-beaters for not equating ***** marriage with normal marriage, but Darwin came to the same conclusion. Why isn't he quoted? Because it all adds up to the same thing. No human life comes from a homosexual relationship. It's contrary to human biology. It's just science folks.
This is the most ignorant post I have ever seen on city-data...it's hard to believe that people still think like this, especially when there is so much REAL information available on the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville