Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 05:07 PM

62 posts, read 180,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmthpls View Post
Now don't blow up at my statement. I mind my own business and I have gay friends. I am just stating that MLK was a Christian through and through and it would be against his morals and beliefs all together.
Slavery is also OK in the Bible...check out Leviticus just for one example.
What do you think his thoughts would have been on that?

You either accept ALL of the Bible or none of it. Slavery was accepted back in the day...not any more.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:08 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,522,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC2Jax View Post
Blah, blah, blah...

In your opinion Rosa Parks should have stayed in the back of the bus and quit making so much trouble.
Is this another Gay People = Black People post?

Old 01-30-2009, 05:10 PM

60 posts, read 223,227 times
Slavery is not okay in the Bible! If you knew the Bible you would know that all of the old testement ways/laws were put to rest and just used for historical teachings. We are to live the the rules that Jesus taught in the New Testement (as stated repeatedly). That is why we no longer sacrifice goats, sheep, etc... Or have multiple wives. Jesus taught new ways.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:23 PM

60 posts, read 223,227 times
When He said, "A new {covenant,}" He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear. Heb.8:13

For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were {committed} under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. Heb.9:15

I hate to give reason without expls. So you can figure it out for yourself. I am really bad a remembering the reference to the verses. I love the internet

Old 01-30-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
How do you know we HAVEN'T had a gay president? Just because they have been married to or with women doesn't mean a thing...
Deacon J????????????????????

Old 01-30-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimms3 View Post
PS, why the heck are we even STILL discussing this? People voted a long time ago, can we wait until next election to talk about this most stupid of subjects?
That's the agenda simms, the loud and proud bumps will not stop until a MOD locks it. As everyone is trying to be politically correct, if it continues eventually someone will crack and the flame war begins, then the locks come out. That is how these things progress.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:21 AM

706 posts, read 1,241,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdon View Post

I like how people here "blame" the alleged bible-beaters for not equating ***** marriage with normal marriage, but Darwin came to the same conclusion. Why isn't he quoted? Because it all adds up to the same thing. No human life comes from a homosexual relationship. It's contrary to human biology. It's just science folks.
Well I bet the Libs don't want this to become common knowledge.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:10 AM
rtt

302 posts, read 812,847 times
The people I've come across here are very "love thy neighbor"....(as long as he's straight!)

Old 02-16-2009, 08:16 AM

20 posts, read 69,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmthpls View Post
Slavery is not okay in the Bible! If you knew the Bible you would know that all of the old testement ways/laws were put to rest and just used for historical teachings. We are to live the the rules that Jesus taught in the New Testement (as stated repeatedly). That is why we no longer sacrifice goats, sheep, etc... Or have multiple wives. Jesus taught new ways.
Moderator cut: We do not insult each other here/.

You know nothing of the Bible obviously, other than that narrow minded version you are taught in bible Banger School.

If what you say is true, then the ten commandments do not apply! They were not part of the New Testament but of the Old Testament they came from Moses, not Jesus. Likewise people love to quote Leviticus that is also form the old testament. You people love to "pick and choose" what parts you believe in. Moderator cut: attack the post, not the poster~please !

Last edited by nancy thereader; 02-17-2009 at 04:31 PM..

Old 02-17-2009, 05:42 AM

754 posts, read 2,815,439 times
[quote=Kenny1948;7485952] .
You know nothing of the Bible obviously, other than that narrow minded version you are taught in bible Banger School.

If what you say is true, then the ten commandments do not apply! They were not part of the New Testament but of the Old Testament they came from Moses, not Jesus. Likewise people love to quote Leviticus that is also form the old testament. You people love to "pick and choose" what parts you believe in. quote]
Kenny,

With all due respect, I don't think we need an atheist to tell us what our Bible says/doesn't say and means/doesn't mean. Until you read it, study it, and understand how the "law vs. salvation" aspect thingy works, you're well advised to stop showing us just how ignorant you truly are.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 02-17-2009 at 04:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville