Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 01:56 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Call my supervior and let her know I'm running late any why like anyone else would
Don't forget that you are the new employee so I'd be extra cautious about risking being late to work ... As someone who takes mass transit to work, I always allow myself an extra cushion whenever feasible to offset any transit delays so that I don't arrive to work late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 03:09 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Don't forget that you are the new employee so I'd be extra cautious about risking being late to work ... As someone who takes mass transit to work, I always allow myself an extra cushion whenever feasible to offset any transit delays so that I don't arrive to work late.
So what time are you due in for work and what time do you leave your house?

Old 09-09-2011, 03:47 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
When I took the train to work, I had to be at work at 8am. I lived 5 minutes from the train, I would leave my house between 7 and 715. Trains left every ten minutes during peak time. Train ride took me about 30 minutes, 5 minute walk to work. Usually got to work between 745 and 8 am.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
So what time are you due in for work and what time do you leave your house?
I have several part-time jobs but on the days that I use commuter rail, I leave my home at 6:10am to begin my 40+ mile journey so I can be at my desk and ready to serve clients at 9am. Now if the train station were walking distance, I could leave up to 30 minutes later but I have to take a bus to the station.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
When I took the train to work, I had to be at work at 8am. I lived 5 minutes from the train, I would leave my house between 7 and 715. Trains left every ten minutes during peak time. Train ride took me about 30 minutes, 5 minute walk to work. Usually got to work between 745 and 8 am.
see I don't understand why the train runs only twice an hour on a Monday morning during rush hour. That sounds like a weekend schedule. It's a 15 minute train ride and 5 min walk to the job.

I have to work on saturdays twice a month and see that the train runs only ONCE an hour. Small part of me is about to just call back and say-I don't think I can accept the job.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:01 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,901,199 times
Quote:
Small part of me is about to just call back and say-I don't think I can accept the job.
That small part that hides between your ears?

Old 09-09-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
I have several part-time jobs but on the days that I use commuter rail, I leave my home at 6:10am to begin my 40+ mile journey so I can be at my desk and ready to serve clients at 9am. Now if the train station were walking distance, I could leave up to 30 minutes later but I have to take a bus to the station.
I think i will catch the bus to the train station which is only a 2 min ride on some days if i can catch the bus in front of my door. If not I will walk.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
see I don't understand why the train runs only twice an hour on a Monday morning during rush hour. That sounds like a weekend schedule. It's a 15 minute train ride and 5 min walk to the job.

I have to work on saturdays twice a month and see that the train runs only ONCE an hour. Small part of me is about to just call back and say-I don't think I can accept the job.
OMG! MY train runs only TWICE in the mornings on the weekdays (not twice per hour) and I commute 40+ miles to and from work! Your commute sounds like heaven to me! It really isn't that big of a hardship TVSG and I doubt that you'd find another job with an easier commute in this economy.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGJR View Post
That small part that hides between your ears?
Watch how you talk to me before I report you.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
OMG! MY train runs only TWICE in the mornings on the weekdays (not twice per hour) and I commute 40+ miles to and from work! Your commute sounds like heaven to me! It really isn't that big of a hardship TVSG and I doubt that you'd find another job with an easier commute in this economy.
what do you mean your train only runs TWICE a morning? How do they expect people to get to work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search