Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 10:16 PM

217 posts, read 307,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitters_Win View Post
I hate bad interviews in fact interviews in general. May I ask how old are you? Just keep going.
It pains me to say that I just turned 24.

I'm behind in life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 10:34 PM

262 posts, read 651,507 times
Sorry to hear that. I have an interview tomorrow. I hope I don't get ostracized by the interviewer. I don't really want the job but I feel I have no choice. If I were to not accept the job position, I would be making a very bad mistake.

I agree with the other posters. You dodged a bullet. Can you imagine dealing with this on a regular basis?No thank you!

Old 07-12-2013, 08:06 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,988,699 times
You know, your story sounded a little off to me, like either you weren't telling us something or you missed what their real problem was. After seeing your recent status change to " Keep America White" I now have a theory as to what really happened. Did you express that sentiment at any time during this process? That would have been a good reason for them to show you the door, no matter how good your tech skills may be.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:03 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
You know, your story sounded a little off to me, like either you weren't telling us something or you missed what their real problem was. After seeing your recent status change to " Keep America White" I now have a theory as to what really happened. Did you express that sentiment at any time during this process? That would have been a good reason for them to show you the door, no matter how good your tech skills may be.

Yeah, wtf is that? Perhaps he didn't wear his best hood to the interview.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:52 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Was the second guy not white?

Old 07-12-2013, 02:59 PM

1,263 posts, read 3,281,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringPrizes View Post
Can I ask you another programming question from a different place I applied online?
Sure! Hubby is still at work, but he should be home within 2 hours. I'll get him back to this thread after he grabs some quick dinner.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:00 PM

1,263 posts, read 3,281,848 times
Quote:
It pains me to say that I just turned 24.

I'm behind in life
No you're not. And you're doing very well for 24.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:10 PM

570 posts, read 1,730,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_Whut View Post
Hubby says: the interviewers were correct, and your algorithm was incomplete.

If V = min{a(1), a(2)} then V will never = a(2)> a(1). Your second statement will never be true.
A better solution is:
Set V = min{a(1), b(1)}
If V= a(1) then increment count by 1, and then compare min{a(2), b(1)} ....
The opposite if V = b(1)Iterate until count = (n+m)/2
better way to do this is(in the real world) to combine both arrays into one array, then sort it again.
If the count is odd number, then just use the middle number, if it is even, and use total of the two muddle number /2.

Of course unless they don't allow you to do it that way.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:13 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,693,459 times
Quote:
lol software engineering. I felt so good going into this interview. Had no idea the guy was going to shut me down for no reason that I can tell. I was giving great answers, I thought. Almost felt like some hazing ritual.
i do the same thing and you wouldn't believe the number of total idiot employers out there. too many arrogant jerks at these places who think they are God's gift to IT. though i've never had an interview end like that. usually if the employer doesn't like you, they just don't send you on to the next person and instead allow you to leave then never get back to you - one way or the other. get's frustrating i know but those aren't the kind of places i would want to work for anyway.
btw, i don't even know the answer to that question and i've been doing this a long time. must have been a C position.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:45 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,040,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Ouch, if someone asked me "Find the median of two sorted arrays" I'd think I would cross my eyes, stick out my tongue and then place my finger to my forehead, right between both cocked eyes! Certainly would have been the wrong answer too, OP.
Thanks for the laugh. Heehee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search