Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 05:58 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,035,479 times

Advertisements

Could he have been testing you to see how you react?

I'd let it go. If you get hired and don't like the environment you can always leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 06:23 PM

62 posts, read 79,745 times
He wasn't testing me because it was at the end. I basically asked my last question whether he thought I could be successful there and whether he thought I was a good candidate. I asked for honesty , but theirs a difference between honesty and being unprofessional and disrespectful , without going into what he said. He was just an ass throughout the whole interview and then did that at the end.

While answering that question , he basically said that he liked some things and worried about some others and said I would have an answer by tomorrow , but like I said , I doubt hell even call.

BTW I am not a sensitive person whatsoever and I could honestly care less what he thought about me , I just think he crossed the line.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:59 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,374,083 times
You haven't answered the other posters question: What did the interviewers actually say/comment on?

I would have thought it might have been them playing good cop/bad cop but I'll hold that thought for now.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:06 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
I suggest the old "write it but don't send it" advice. It really helps get those feelings you have out without any chance of a negative consequence. But if you decide to do this, write it in a word document, not an email. The "send" button is far too tempting.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:11 PM

he basically tried to trivialize my financial situation and tried to make inferences based off my hardships that he didn't think I could handle tough or stressful days. That was the jist of what he said.

Maybe it wasnt the worst thing someone has said . Not that I don't expect this though . Its usually the ones making alot of money and who have good jobs who feel the need to do act like money is nothing.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:16 PM

2,702 posts, read 2,763,629 times
Forget the email. If you felt uncomfortable about the interview, then chances are you'll feel uncomfortable working there.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:26 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,114,245 times
If your first response is to spread your "bad reputation" around, then it will be difficult to get a job. You may have developed a reputation in the industry as the crazy or silly job applicant.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:03 PM

400 posts, read 1,508,599 times
post your experience on glassdoor.... itll be anonymous so you wont burn any bridges.....

Old 01-16-2014, 09:14 PM

So at 22 and a job not in my industry , your opinion is that i have developed a reputation...maybe the dumbest thing Ive ever read.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:20 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlions2255 View Post
So at 22 and a job not in my industry , your opinion is that i have developed a reputation...maybe the dumbest thing Ive ever read.

How did your financial situation come into an interview?
It has nothing to do with the interview process.
Is this information you volunteered?

Write the email if you want but it will not solve anything whether you get the poisiton or not.
You also do not know who is actually watching the interviews, he could be fired by end of business
on Friday because of his attitude and alleged being unprofessional.
If you are not over sensitive why even bring this up? If you truly do/did not care what he thinks of you this thread would have never been started. Since it was started you do/did care what he thinks of you.

It was an interview, not all of them are a garden of fresh herbs, move on already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search