Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 09:18 PM

78,452 posts, read 60,652,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas city electrician View Post
I love the liberty area. The schools are awesome and a nice quite area. plus KC metro is really close if there is anything you want to do there. best of both worlds.

kansas city electrician
Ironically when I used to say that about the Metro I was told by several regular posters that the metro doesn't include KS as if a magical forcefield prevents me from going to a Royals game, Kaufman center, the zoo etc. because apparently my money spent there doesn't count.

We have some really really bitter insanely partisan folks around here that are still back in the civil war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 09:20 PM

78,452 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Nope, just comparing "like" things to one another. Try googling "apples to apples". I know. Over your head.

JoCo schools are better than urban KCMO schools. Just like suburban MO schools are better than KCK Schools. MO suburbs such as Park Hill, Liberty, NKC, Lee's Summit, Blue Springs etc, however do compare very well to Shawnee Mission, Olathe, Blue Valley etc.

JoCo people love to say that Kansas has better schools than Missouri based on JoCo vs KCMOSD. So let's turn it around. Missouri schools are better than Kansas based on Park Hill, Lee's Summit etc vs KCK.

It's really not that hard.

Want to compare some more apples to apples? Downtown KCK vs Downtown KCMO. BWAHAHAHAahaha....
Congratulations on KC's abiltiy to run a segregated school system in 2017. Kudos. Bigly kudos.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:02 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,903,988 times
^Huh? That reply had absolutely nothing to do with the post you quoted.

I understand you still can't comprehend that you need to compare suburbs to suburbs and urban areas to other urban areas, but really?

Old 02-08-2017, 06:56 AM

Kansas Senate committee votes to make budget cuts, sends them to Senate floor | The Kansas City Star

Quote:
The Department of Education would be hit the hardest by the cuts, with $128 million coming from the agency that oversees K-12 education in the state.

Read more here: Kansas Senate committee votes to make budget cuts, sends them to Senate floor | The Kansas City Star
How can people keep denying that there is not a huge problem with the future of Kansas schools right now?

Old 02-08-2017, 07:23 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
Quote:
Kansas Senate committee votes to make budget cuts, sends them to Senate floor | The Kansas City Star

How can people keep denying that there is not a huge problem with the future of Kansas schools right now?
You used a double negative there. You say you were educated in Missouri? Hmmmm.

I don't see why they have to make up the shortfall from education funding, but I still think metro schools on the Kansas side are going to be just fine.

I do wonder why Kansas lottery money is going for economic development instead of public education, though. I vaguely remember when the case was being made for lottery sales in Kansas that it was said it would fund education. It's not being used for that.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:51 AM

^ stop trolling me! I'm gonna tell!

Old 02-08-2017, 08:19 AM

654 posts, read 632,355 times
With the constant cutting that the state has been doing to education funding and the cutting it continues to do, in order to maintain the high functioning school districts in JO CO, property taxes are going to have to rise to New Jersey like levels. That is, if the Kansas legislature will even allow the Jo Co districts to raise taxes at all, as a matter of fairness. News alert, the Kansas Conservatives are trying to bankrupt public education so that everyone has to home school or go private unless they want a lowest common denominator education. Just ask them, it is one of their core goals.

Of course Missouri is not far behind in rushing to cripple its public schools, but hopefully can learn from Kansas' bad example.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
^ stop trolling me! I'm gonna tell!
I RESPONDED to your post instead of telling you had no right to post. See the difference? Yours were troll posts. Mine is not.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaubleau View Post
With the constant cutting that the state has been doing to education funding and the cutting it continues to do, in order to maintain the high functioning school districts in JO CO, property taxes are going to have to rise to New Jersey like levels. That is, if the Kansas legislature will even allow the Jo Co districts to raise taxes at all, as a matter of fairness. News alert, the Kansas Conservatives are trying to bankrupt public education so that everyone has to home school or go private unless they want a lowest common denominator education. Just ask them, it is one of their core goals.

Of course Missouri is not far behind in rushing to cripple its public schools, but hopefully can learn from Kansas' bad example.
Yep. They want to justify school vouchers.

I agree, Missouri is heading down the same road and I don't think conservatives are smart enough to learn from the mistakes of others. Southern states like OK, MS etc have terrible schools and general quality of life (very low insurance coverage etc), but they still keep wanting more of the same. We are currently taking all this extreme conservative stuff to the federal level by electing Trump and others. America is in trouble.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:49 AM

Nothing wrong with wanting to privatize education, in my opinion. Everything that is government run spends too much money and underperforms compared to private sectors. Look how inefficient the VA is compared to private hospitals. Look at railroad retirement compared to Social Security. Open schools up to competition, and I bet we have better education for less money. I'm not against keeping public education, I am just saying I can see the argument for vouchers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City