Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 01:44 PM

161 posts, read 239,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Quite a chore? Really? Hogwash! With freedom comes responsibility. It is the responsibility of the S.O.S. to protect the votes of Kansans from fraud. Getting a non-drivers state ID is not "quite a chore".

Kansas Voter Registration Information - Project Vote Smart
Protect us from voter fraud that really doesn't happen? Hogwash!
Voter fraud not a significant problem | Wichita Eagle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 02:15 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Keeping illegal aliens from voting is a smoke screen, and by the way have you seen a fake ID, they don't look fake, but you have to pay a lot for them. Voter ID is a way to keep poor African Americans from voting. That's why Republicans have kept after him because he has reason to believe Southern Republicans are being less than fair with redistricting. So as usual if they can blame it on Mexicans every one will hop on the band wagon. I have seen nervous illegal workers trying to cash their checks at the Bank or the grocery store, I doubt they would show up at a polling place to vote. Why do they care who our President is?
Report says Obama amnesty plan will add 1.76 million new workers | The Daily Caller

Um, talk about a smoke screen...... Yep, why should they care....no reason I can possibly think of.....

Old 08-11-2012, 04:58 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Report says Obama amnesty plan will add 1.76 million new workers | The Daily Caller

Um, talk about a smoke screen...... Yep, why should they care....no reason I can possibly think of.....
They don't need amnesty. There is a house near me where a INS van pulls up an loads every one in it for deportation. It takes about a week or so before every one is back at the same house and back to their same Jobs. They like it better this way, they get a free trip home to visit the relatives.

The number of illegal immigrants is down slightly from 2007 figure by a million so this program would put the number back to Bush era numbers. Where are they going work ? having a work permit doesn't necessarily mean you have job. Unless of course home builders are waiting for this bill to pass.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:45 PM

744 posts, read 1,847,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Keeping illegal aliens from voting is a smoke screen, and by the way have you seen a fake ID, they don't look fake, but you have to pay a lot for them. Voter ID is a way to keep poor African Americans from voting. That's why Republicans have kept after him because he has reason to believe Southern Republicans are being less than fair with redistricting. So as usual if they can blame it on Mexicans every one will hop on the band wagon. I have seen nervous illegal workers trying to cash their checks at the Bank or the grocery store, I doubt they would show up at a polling place to vote. Why do they care who our President is?
No my dear, an ID is attainable. If you can't drive then you can get a state-issued ID card easily, many elderly people have them for writing checks and stuff. Why We Need Voter-ID Laws Now - John Fund - National Review Online

"Why We Need Voter-ID Laws Now
Voter fraud is a scandal, and the attorney general can’t look away anymore.
By John Fund

Attorney General Eric Holder is a staunch opponent of laws requiring voters to show photo ID at the polls to improve [COLOR=#216221 !important][COLOR=#216221 !important]ballot[/color][/color] security. He calls them “unnecessary” and has blocked their implementation in Texas and South Carolina, citing the fear they would discriminate against minorities.
I wonder what Holder will think when he learns just how easy it was for someone to be offered his ballot just by mentioning his name in a Washington, D.C., polling place in Tuesday’s primaries.

Holder’s opposition to ID laws comes in spite of the Supreme Court’s 6–3 decision in 2008, authored by liberal Justice John Paul Stevens, that upheld the constitutionality of Indiana’s tough ID requirement. When groups sue to block photo-ID laws in court, they can’t seem to produce real-world examples of people who have actually been denied the right to vote. According to opinion polls, over 75 percent of Americans — including majorities of Hispanics and African-Americans — routinely support such laws.

One reason is that people know you can’t function in the modern world without showing ID — you can’t cash a check, travel by plane or even train, or rent a video without being asked for one. In fact, PJ Media recently
proved that you can’t even enter the Justice Department in Washington without showing a photo ID. Average voters understand that it’s only common sense to require ID because of how easy it is for people to pretend they are someone else.

Filmmaker James O’Keefe demonstrated just how easy it is on Tuesday when he dispatched an assistant to the Nebraska Avenue polling place in Washington where Attorney General Holder has been registered for the last 29 years. O’Keefe specializes in the same use of hidden cameras that was pioneered by the recently deceased Mike Wallace, who used the technique to devastating effect in exposing fraud in Medicare claims and consumer products on 60 Minutes. O’Keefe’s efforts helped expose the fraud-prone voter-registration group ACORN with his video stings, and has had great success demonstrating this year in New Hampshire, Vermont, and Minnesota just how easy it is to obtain a ballot by giving the name of a dead person who is still on the rolls. Indeed, a new study by the Pew Research Center found at least 1.8 million dead people are still registered to vote. They aren’t likely to complain if someone votes in their place.
In Washington, it was child’s play for O’Keefe to beat the system. O’Keefe’s assistant
used a hidden camera to document his encounter with the election worker at Holder’s polling place:

Man: “Do you have an Eric Holder, 50th Street?
Poll worker: “Let me see here.”
Man: Xxxx 50th Street.
Poll Worker: Let’s see, Holder, Hol-t-e-r, or Hold-d-e-r?
Man: H-o-l-d-e-r.
Poll Worker: D-e-r. Okay.
Man: That’s the name.
Poll Worker: I do. Xxxx 50th Street NW. Okay. [Puts check next to name, indicating someone has shown up to vote.] Will you sign there . . .
Man: I actually forgot my ID.
Poll Worker: You don’t need it; it’s all right.
Man: I left it in the car.
Poll Worker: As long as you’re in here, and you’re on our list and that’s who you say you are, we’re okay.
Man: I would feel more comfortable if I go get my ID, is it all right if I go get it?
Poll Worker: Sure, go ahead.
Man: I’ll be back faster than you can say furious!
Poll Worker: We’re not going anywhere.

Note that O’Keefe’s assistant never identified himself as Eric Holder, so he was not illegally impersonating him.
Nor did he attempt to vote using the ballot that was offered him, or even to accept it. O’Keefe has been accused by liberals of committing voter fraud in his effort to expose just how slipshod the [COLOR=#216221 !important][COLOR=#216221 !important]election [COLOR=#216221 !important]systems[/color][/color][/color] of various no-ID-required states are, but lawyers say his methods avoid that issue. Moreover, he has only taped his encounters with election officials in jurisdictions that allow videotaping someone in public with only one party’s knowledge."

Old 08-11-2012, 09:34 PM

"If a person is registered to vote then the county clerk has already verified that the person is a citizen and a resident of the county in which they are voting. The idea in these other states were you have to show up at the voting station with a picture ID is nothing more than a smoke screen to make it harder for registered voters to vote, it is denieing the rights of some of the people in the states that have these laws the right to vote in an election and it is geared at the 2012 election to lessen the voter strength for our current president. How do I know this? Because, it is only in states were there is a Republican legislature and a Republican governor that these laws have been enacted. The purpose of these laws is to weaken the Constitution and to stiffle the voice of the people of the United States."
What does the Constitution Really say about the Right to Vote? - gmross's column on Newsvine

Old 08-12-2012, 12:11 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,924,908 times
I have nothing significant to say. But every time I read the title of this thread, I totally crack up.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:00 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,384,486 times
I'm a moderate Democrat.
I'm for full universal healthcare and social safety nets for our citizens.
I'm also for militarizing our southern border and building a Berlin wall type barrier running the entire length of the southern border.
I belong to the NRA and staunchly support of our 2nd amendment rights.
I too have my conceal/carry permit for the state of Pennsylvania that acts as a valid form of voter ID.
We here have also enacted a voter ID law that is currently being challenged in court.
I'm fully in support of this law and trust KS and PA will have the intelligence to continue with it.
Not all centrist/left citizenry are for the unfettered and unchecked ability to vote.

Last edited by julian17033; 08-12-2012 at 06:29 AM..

Old 08-12-2012, 08:13 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Valid Photo IDs • S.A.F.E. Act • Kansas Secretary of State Kris W. Kobach

Old 08-12-2012, 09:14 PM

216 posts, read 539,279 times
and it's FREE??????

Old 08-13-2012, 06:50 AM

The constitution says the right to vote shall not be "abridged," The argument isn't how easy it is to get a voter ID or how many places require you to have an ID. The argument is, after I register to vote and my precinct sends out my registration card to my address, I show up with it, but they say I can't vote because I don't have an ID. Is being forced to go out get a picture ID an abridgement ? I thought conservatives didn't like to be forced to do things that infringed or abridged their constitutional rights. If you want a real fight just try to abridged the right of a conservative to own a gun. Make him register to buy a gun ,then show up to buy a gun with the registration card, and then tell him he can't buy a gun with out an approved form of picture ID.
Republicans have already done the research on this they know the most likely person without an approved form of picture ID is going to be a person who will vote Democrat. If they can skim a few people off at every precinct in every Republican controlled state they may affect the odds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas