Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 01:10 AM

1,073 posts, read 2,193,711 times

Advertisements

I love how granitestater is a mod yet comes onto the board he moderates only to tell them how it is like as if he knows it all.

Graniteguy, you are wrong about many things including this laughable, overly-grandiose generalization that nobody wants to be in Kansas. Ironically, Kansas has been growing faster than your beloved Wisconsin. So go suck an egg.

Old 12-29-2013, 05:15 PM

93 posts, read 260,199 times
The use of the phrase "*******" kind of reveals who he is inspired by, and it's not Jimmy Page.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:12 PM

455 posts, read 771,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by led zeppelin View Post
ask the messiah.

** snicker **

Old 12-30-2013, 04:32 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahahonors View Post
I love how granitestater is a mod yet comes onto the board he moderates only to tell them how it is like as if he knows it all.

Graniteguy, you are wrong about many things including this laughable, overly-grandiose generalization that nobody wants to be in Kansas. Ironically, Kansas has been growing faster than your beloved Wisconsin. So go suck an egg.
Time to read up on the details you missed. Dane County is one of the fastest growing counties in the Midwest and that is where I reside. I never stated that the rural areas of the state don't have issues with less than robust job growth and population declines. That has more to do with the fact that the rural areas of state have mature demographics and needs to work at retaining a greater number of younger people.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:09 PM

396 posts, read 998,299 times
So, what you're saying is that it wouldn't be correct in generalizing an entire state? That some areas of any given state may be stronger economically than another, or that like any other place in the country, state capitals and college towns are generally younger, have a higher educational attainment and have a strong employment base. All while rural areas of that state are experiencing brain drain? Interesting. If my only source of info was what I read on this forum I'd think it was just a Kansas thing....

Old 12-31-2013, 09:32 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer88 View Post
So, what you're saying is that it wouldn't be correct in generalizing an entire state? That some areas of any given state may be stronger economically than another, or that like any other place in the country, state capitals and college towns are generally younger, have a higher educational attainment and have a strong employment base. All while rural areas of that state are experiencing brain drain? Interesting. If my only source of info was what I read on this forum I'd think it was just a Kansas thing....
Last year, the summation of all rural counties registered a combined population decline in the US- so you would be correct. Incentives don't work when the trend is your friend and unfortunate economic trends have materialized. Rural Kansas demographics differ from the Midwest due to the fact that Kansas has the largest rural Hispanic population outside of the Southwest with a widely divergent population age structure in SW Kansas compared to other rural regions of the state. The Midwest rural counties and smaller cities along and east of the Mississippi River generally have substantially higher population densities and a slightly more diversified economy- not as agriculturally dependent as those on the High Plains and not nearly as isolated from markets. The Upper Midwest also tends to have more mature demographics as the age structure of the population does not change vary much over longer periods of time. With very low population counties on the High Plains, large variations in demographics can occur over shorter time periods as certain segments of the population move out or in. As an economic geographer that specializes in Geographic Information Systems, demographic changes and forecasting is more complex than it would appear on the surface.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:48 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,693,993 times
Anyone who resorts to using derogatory terms or name calling here or on any cd thread has incredibly weakened their argument and lowered the amount of respect that their viewpoint will receive.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:21 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Thankyou for pointing out how good KS school systems are despite this being an "evil red state".

Perhaps you should spend more time worrying about the ****-hole school districts that reside in the urban areas that your masters reside?
You don't need to tell me what to worry about at all. You should just mind your own business, I will do as i please.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:19 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You don't need to tell me what to worry about at all. You should just mind your own business, I will do as i please.
This is a public forum. What you post on a public forum is his and everyone else's business. And he has a point regarding great Kansas school districts versus the urban schools on the Missouri side.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:35 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
This is a public forum. What you post on a public forum is his and everyone else's business. And he has a point regarding great Kansas school districts versus the urban schools on the Missouri side.
Yes it s a public forum. I have the right to tell him to get out of my face with the personal attacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas