Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2017, 04:50 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Do those jobs even exist still or have they evaporated along with many other manufacturing jobs? Trump is trying to get manufacturing jobs back. Maybe states like Kentucky, Missouri that lost a lot of those jobs especially in the rural areas will get some of them back. In rural parts of KY, MO you can tell the economy is hurting. I stayed for a day outside Paducah in the Purchase region and you could tell the area was struggling.

Missouri will be right to work this year, and it's possible Kentucky might become a right to work state since Republicans got control of the house finally. It depends on how many of the KY Republicans though are pro union. Many of them just elected replaced pro union Democrats. Missouri only needs 82 republicans in the house to vote for it which will be easy to get.
Many parts of Kentucky never had manufacturing jobs to begin with, the fertility rate was very high (both of my parents were born in the 1940s and had 9 siblings) so children had to move to find work. Eastern Kentucky gained coal jobs from 1920 to 1940 and has seen a steady decline for decades. Actually the area where my mom grew up near Somerset has more jobs now than at any other time and there is very little out of state migration for work, certainly not to Michigan or Ohio. Quite a few of my 2nd / 3rd cousins who were born in the Midwest have moved to Tennessee or Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 07:06 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,740,696 times
Quote:
Corn is grown outside of the great plains. It's even grown in MS too. Agriculture is a lot different than it was 100 plus years ago.

Louisville is southern, but it's on the fringe of the south. It isn't southern like Nashville or Memphis.

Louisville is a southern city sure, but it's not deeply southern like Nashville is and certainly not as southern as Paducah.

Another thing about areas like Louisville is that it is divided by the Ohio river. While on the other side of the Ohio there is southern influence, the transition zone, it seems to drop off faster once you cross the Ohio. Like southern IN for example really has no place that's truly 100 percent southern.

Missouri for example doesn't have the Ohio river dividing it where you have a sharp drop off. Except in far Eastern Missouri it changes from Midwest to mostly southern really quick in the middle of Cape Girardeau County around Jackson. It's a gradual transition starting in the middle of Missouri and gradually becomes all southern once you get to about 50 miles of the Arkansas border.

I think that's why it's easier to see Louisville is southern because you have a sharper dividing line between lower Midwest and the south.
Listen. Louisvile is not 100% southern. Its not Midwest either. Its a border city! It best fits as "Ohio Valley"

Even "inland River Valley"

Desptite what many say, Louisville has more in common with Cincinnati, even Pittsburgh, than it does with TRUE deep south cities such as Birmingham.

Does anyone argue whether Birmingham is southern? How about Nashville?

They do however ask about Louisville, Richmond, St Louis....even DC and Cincinnati....all these cities have southern elements. Of the bunch I mentioned, there is no doubt Louisville and Richmond ar emost southern. However Louisville in particular feels, looks, and ACTS very midwest! Its a hybrid as evidenced by the very fact that people ask if it south or not.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:31 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,052,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Listen. Louisvile is not 100% southern. Its not Midwest either. Its a border city! It best fits as "Ohio Valley"

Even "inland River Valley"

Desptite what many say, Louisville has more in common with Cincinnati, even Pittsburgh, than it does with TRUE deep south cities such as Birmingham.

Does anyone argue whether Birmingham is southern? How about Nashville?

They do however ask about Louisville, Richmond, St Louis....even DC and Cincinnati....all these cities have southern elements. Of the bunch I mentioned, there is no doubt Louisville and Richmond ar emost southern. However Louisville in particular feels, looks, and ACTS very midwest! Its a hybrid as evidenced by the very fact that people ask if it south or not.
Who are these people? The only people claiming Louisville is Midwestern are people from Louisville.

Stop using Birmingham as an example. That's like saying that Indianapolis isn't Midwestern because it's not like Minneapolis or that Philly isn't Northeastern because it's not in New England.

Yes it is a border city but by all the following measures it is Southern:

Slaveholding sympathy
Slave ownership in the antebellum
Southern food and culture like mint julep, fried chicken, and preppy dress
Southern accents of natives (yes natives have Southern accents as evidenced by every dialect map made by different sources)
Southern climate which is humid subtropical and not humid continental which most Midwest cities are. St. Louis though humid subtropical has much greater chances of freezes and snowfall
Confederate sympathy
It wasn't part of the Old Northwest

No other Midwest city has these characteristics. Not Cincinnati and not St. Louis. Take Louisville out of the Midwest because it doesn't fit there with its slavery sympathy days and Southern accents. St. Louis didn't have the slavery sympathizers, Southern accents, nor did it side with the Confederacy after the war. Cincinnati doesn't have the Southern accents and Cincinnati like other Midwest cities actually absorbed the German culture and it became the framework of the city. Same with St. Louis and its strong German and Irish surviving elements.

Why is Louisville the only "Midwest" city where German and Irish culture didn't permeate? Why is it the only one where Southern accents dominate? Why is it the only one where slavery was so widespread and supported? Why is it the only one where a Southern climate dominates? Why is it the only one where Southern food and drink actually makes up part of the culture? Why is it the only one where you have people who call themselves Southern?

Answer these questions, please. It seems like you want to throw away the Louisville Southern for God knows what reason. Did you know it is possible to he progressive and Southern? Look at Atlanta. Did you know it is possible not to be backwater and Southern? Look at Charlotte.

When you say that Louisville has more in common with Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, what is it?

Is it the dominant European ethnic culture? Like the Germans in Cincinnati or the Poles/Italians in Pittsburgh? Nope. The culture is Southern
Is it the strongly abolitionist history like Pittsburgh? Nope. Louisville was very much steeped in slave holding
Is it the super strong industrial history? Nope Louisville isn't even in the Rust Belt
Is it the super cold and freezing winters? Nope is warmer than both of those Ohio River valley cities
Is it the fact that Louisville has such strong ethnic non-Anglo culture incorporated into its mainstream framework? Nope. Because the mainstream culture of Louisville is Southern.
Is it because Louisville was strongly in favor of the North historically? Nope. Louisville went from Southern sympathy to full blown Southern support after the war

So...how is Louisville just like Pittsburgh and Cincinnati?

You say looks and acts very Midwest so explain yourself. Where else in the Midwest are Victorian houses and shotgun shacks so prominent? Where else is a cluster wagon wheel layout the norm for city streets? Louisville looks Midwestern how?

Old 01-07-2017, 09:01 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,338,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Who are these people? The only people claiming Louisville is Midwestern are people from Louisville.

Stop using Birmingham as an example. That's like saying that Indianapolis isn't Midwestern because it's not like Minneapolis or that Philly isn't Northeastern because it's not in New England.

Slaveholding sympathy
Southern accents of natives (yes natives have Southern accents as evidenced by every dialect map made by different sources)
Southern climate which is humid subtropical and not humid continental which most Midwest cities are. St. Louis though humid subtropical has much greater chances of freezes and snowfall
Confederate sympathy

No other Midwest city has these characteristics. Not Cincinnati and not St. Louis. Take Louisville out of the Midwest because it doesn't fit there with its slavery sympathy days and Southern accents. St. Louis didn't have the slavery sympathizers, Southern accents, nor did it side with the Confederacy after the war. Cincinnati doesn't have the Southern accents and Cincinnati like other Midwest cities actually absorbed the German culture and it became the framework of the city. Same with St. Louis and its strong German and Irish surviving elements.

Why is Louisville the only "Midwest" city where German and Irish culture didn't permeate? Why is it the only one where Southern accents dominate? Why is it the only one where slavery was so widespread and supported? Why is it the only one where a Southern climate dominates? Why is it the only one where Southern food and drink actually makes up part of the culture? Why is it the only one where you have people who call themselves Southern?

Answer these questions, please. It seems like you want to throw away the Louisville Southern for God knows what reason. Did you know it is possible to he progressive and Southern? Look at Atlanta. Did you know it is possible not to be backwater and Southern? Look at Charlotte.

When you say that Louisville has more in common with Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, what is it?

Is it the dominant European ethnic culture? Like the Germans in Cincinnati or the Poles/Italians in Pittsburgh? Nope. The culture is Southern
Is it the strongly abolitionist history like Pittsburgh? Nope. Louisville was very much steeped in slave holding
Is it the super strong industrial history? Nope Louisville isn't even in the Rust Belt
Is it the super cold and freezing winters? Nope is warmer than both of those Ohio River valley cities
Is it the fact that Louisville has such strong ethnic non-Anglo culture incorporated into its mainstream framework? Nope. Because the mainstream culture of Louisville is Southern.
Is it because Louisville was strongly in favor of the North historically? Nope. Louisville went from Southern sympathy to full blown Southern support after the war

You say looks and acts very Midwest so explain yourself. Where else in the Midwest are Victorian houses and shotgun shacks so prominent? Where else is a cluster wagon wheel layout the norm for city streets? Louisville looks Midwestern how?
Actually St. Louis did have pro slavery supporters. Look at the Camp Jackson affair. Yes St. Louisans did fight for the Confederacy, a number of Irish from St. Louis were in the Missouri State Guard (Pro Confederate) and then Confederate army when it absorbed the MO State Guard.

St. Louis also has a French influence too.

Louisville is Southern, but again fringe. It certainly has northern influence in it. I don't know if I would call it a border city or not. Many on here call Cape Girardeau a border city that leans southern, especially in the summer when the non local students at SEMO are out of town.

Louisville is southern enough I wouldn't consider it a border city. Springfield MO I guess could be called a border city maybe since as Brad Pitt puts it literally right on the Mason Dixon line he said. Springfield is right on the line from transition zone to southern but leans southern if I could only pick one. You see lots of battle flags in that area of MO too people fly it on their trucks and that.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:08 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,052,961 times
Quote:
Actually St. Louis did have pro slavery supporters. Look at the Camp Jackson affair. Yes St. Louisans did fight for the Confederacy, a number of Irish from St. Louis were in the Missouri State Guard (Pro Confederate) and then Confederate army when it absorbed the MO State Guard.

Louisville is Southern, but again fringe. It certainly has northern influence in it. I don't know if I would call it a border city or not. Many on here call Cape Girardeau a border city that leans southern, especially in the summer when the non local students at SEMO are out of town.

Louisville is southern enough I wouldn't consider it a border city. Springfield MO I guess could be called a border city maybe since as Brad Pitt puts it literally right on the Mason Dixon line he said. Springfield is right on the line from transition zone to southern but leans southern if I could only pick one. You see lots of battle flags in that area of MO too people fly it on their trucks and that.
St. Louis was mostly known for the German abolitionists however. Also in modernity no native has a Southern accent and no Southern culture exists there today.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:

Slaveholding sympathy
Confederate sympathy

Eddie, you have been fighting this fight forever....

How??
Why???

I have lived in Cincinnati, and go there on the regular....it is no more German than Louisville in 2017, and if it is, it is by a hair....

I mean, I think Cincy has one church left with Catholic mass once a week in German? Old St Mary's Cincy had that when I lived in OTR before it was cool and I believe they still do.

St Joseph's in Louisville had German up until about 5 years ago just like Old St Mary's...now the masses are in Spanish
https://www.archlou.org/parishes/saint-joseph-parish/

There are about 5 other German parishes like this at least in Louisville, and that does not couunt all the German protestant churches! Have you ever bothered to look at any of these old buildings? St Martin of Tours is a prime example...buildings like the schoolhouse inscribed in German!

Louisville celebrates Octoberfest and tons of German festivals. Louisville lacks an old ethic city market....but thats because the ignorant city tore it down (Haymarket!) Louisville sadly tore down many of its historic immigrant neighborhoods which are now parking lots ringing downtown, unlike Cincinnati, for example, which preserved them (well at least left them vacant and boarded up until the last decade when there was renewed interest)

You have no idea about Louisville history. Germans mostly lived in Phoenix Hill, south of Old Louisville, and west of downtown. in the 1800s, Portland and the Pointe had large French populations.

Why don't you mention Louisville's large Irish population at churches like St Patrick's, Our Lady, and ST. Louis Bertrand?

I wish Louisville was in the south! It would be booming like ATL, Charlotte, Nashville, you name it. Its doing the best it has in 100 years, but its not a boom town. Its NOT the south Eddie! Give it up.

Have you been to the St Patrick's Day Parade? It is one of the largest you will find between Chicago and Atlanta.
Should I have my Irish buddy in the Ancient Order of Hibernians knock you in the head with a pint of Guinness for trying to make Louisville out to be a deep south city with no current ethnic history, lol?

Welcome - Ancient Order of Hibernians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BMf-deEk1I

I actually have extensive knowledge on this stuff, and you are just plain wrong. What happened in Louisville was Bloody Monday:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Monday

Louisville is an interesting city because it CANNOT be placed squarely in any one region. It really cannot. I am ok with people stating Louisville leans southern. Since at least the 1970s ,the city has purposefully tried to position itself as southern...this sells tourists. In the last 5 years, since the bourbon boom, the city has played it up even more! Plus, many locals are not from here now, but their parents actually moved from rural KY.

Historically, before the last couple decades, rural eastern Kentuckians would move to Cincinnati, Pitt, NE Ohio, etc. Now they move to Lex, Louisville, and usually, further south

Civil War? Eddie, Louisville as a UNION city. Why are you telling people it was a confederate city?

"Louisville in the American Civil War was a major stronghold of Union forces, which kept Kentucky firmly in the Union."

Major union planning happened at the Galt House. Unlike the true south which was ravaged, no battles were fought anywhere near Louisville!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisv...ican_Civil_War

Eddie, please give it up! What is your motivation with this constant slant to make Louisville deeply southern? Sure, Louisvillains owned slaves, but at the same time, Louisville had one of the LARGEST populations of free blacks of ANY US city! Remember, Louisville was a legit top 15 city in the mid nineteenth century, and rapidly urbanizing.

Industry? Louisville remains a blue collar, heavy industrial city! Even though Louisville is maybe 1/4 the size of Atlanta in MSA, Louisville employs more industrial workers to this day. Fried Chicken happens to be a fad around all over. The best selling fried chicken in Louisville right now? The EAGLE, a chain from....you guessed it, Cincinnati!

Louisville was a major gateway to the underground railroad:

https://www.louisville.com/content/l...ad-communities

Your attempts to make Louisville look "southern" is your way of "dumbing it down." Others may not, but I see through what is being done. You do not want to see its ethnic history, its red brick, its density and grit. You do not want to acknowledge its Union history and heavily German and Irish Catholic history. You do not want to comment on Louisville's advanced trolley and elevated rail system that it so sadly destroyed. Is this how you show that Milwaukee and Cincinnati are "superior" to Louisville? I really don't get it at all....

What's funny? We actually agree to an extent....Louisville is heavily southern influenced, and the trend has been to be more so. But in 1850, I would argue it was 100% Midwest, and by 1950, it was probably still 80% Midwest. I think it is probably 40-50% Midwest today, and please recall that a full one quarter of the metro lives in INDIANA, a state that almost everyone on CD agrees is Midwest!

Last edited by Peter1948; 01-07-2017 at 11:43 PM..

Old 01-07-2017, 11:49 PM

Quote:

St Louisan's OWNED slaves:

Look Back 250

Thousands of them.

Louisville is definitely a border city.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:30 AM

Quote:
St. Louis was mostly known for the German abolitionists however. Also in modernity no native has a Southern accent and no Southern culture exists there today.
True, but some of the locals were still southern just as that many of the locals also were from the northeast as well. A lot in St. Louis originally came from the northeast and settled in St. Louis. St. Louis was a major river city back then and brought influences from all over.

I live in SW Florida now and you wont hear a southern accent down here unless it's a non local from another state. Mostly only hear it in North Florida and outside of the heavily populated areas. Go to Tampa or Ft Myers not far from where I live and you wont hear southern accents. You will hear New England accents however.

I did work briefly with one guy down here who had a thick southern Delta kind of accent. He was from the Missouri Bootheel, somewhere from around Caruthersville. He considered himself a southerner when I asked him about that part of the state.

If we are talking about the Missouri Bootheel, the actual Bootheel that only borders TN and AR like down by Caruthersville, that is more southern than anywhere in Kentucky, even more so than the Jackson Purchase area I would say as it has more in common with the Delta areas of northern MS. Again very small part of Missouri though.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:48 AM

Quote:
St Louisan's OWNED slaves:

Look Back 250

Thousands of them.

Louisville is definitely a border city.
I think it is how you define border city too. During the civil war St. Louis definitely was still a border city and had more southern influence.

Even up until the 1960s I've seen the term border city in news article to describe St. Louis even though back then it was lower Midwestern. Today St. Louis is Midwestern/ lower midwest, at least 90 percent Midwestern! If at that it is still 5-10 percent southern influence because you can still see traces of it left and most on the MO forum agree there are still some slight traces left but even with that not enough to call it placed in the transition zone as it is still firmly Midwestern. I don't really know how to explain the slight traces of it left from living there for many years, however it just feels different than other Midwestern metro areas. I'm talking the county and the city combined.

However you don't have to venture that far from Stl county to start the gradual transition zone. that starts just south and west of Stl. The further south you go in Jefferson County you start gradually noticing it pick up. My aunt has a house in Bonne Terre and in St. Francois county you defiantly can feel that transition zone down there, but head east to St. Gen and that county feels very Midwestern along the MS river!

US 50 in Missouri is the dividing line in MO where the transition zone begins (excluding St. Louis) and it gets more southern gradually the more south you go until you get about 50 miles from the Arkansas border and then it pretty much is the south then.

Louisville I would say leans southern and I'd call it a southern city. As I said, Springfield MO would probably be a good example to use as a border city. When you literally get just outside of Springfield to the south it's southern there all the way down to Branson and Arkansas.

I think Louisville has a bit too much southern in it to be called a border city, BUT it has the Ohio river which is a sharper dividing line. Across the river there is a lot more Midwest influence unlike Missouri where the transition is a more gradual one. I think that might make Louisville look more southern than it is.

I would certainly call places like Branson and Poplar Bluff more southern than Louisville. The last time I was in Branson was about 3 weeks before the summer vacation season started so it was mostly locals I saw and I saw no Midwestern influences at all. Many people have that Ozark and upper south accent and being from St. Louis I kind of felt out of place when most especially the older people all have the accents.

Louisville has Midwestern influences in it but still is southern enough I'd call it southern city even though it's barely in the South.

Paducah is a hell of a lot more southern than Louisville and most places in KY. I see no Midwest influence in Paducah.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:59 AM

811 posts, read 888,188 times
Quote:
Eddie, you have been fighting this fight forever....

How??
Why???

I have lived in Cincinnati, and go there on the regular....it is no more German than Louisville in 2017, and if it is, it is by a hair....

I mean, I think Cincy has one church left with Catholic mass once a week in German? Old St Mary's Cincy had that when I lived in OTR before it was cool and I believe they still do.

St Joseph's in Louisville had German up until about 5 years ago just like Old St Mary's...now the masses are in Spanish
https://www.archlou.org/parishes/saint-joseph-parish/

There are about 5 other German parishes like this at least in Louisville, and that does not couunt all the German protestant churches! Have you ever bothered to look at any of these old buildings? St Martin of Tours is a prime example...buildings like the schoolhouse inscribed in German!

Louisville celebrates Octoberfest and tons of German festivals. Louisville lacks an old ethic city market....but thats because the ignorant city tore it down (Haymarket!) Louisville sadly tore down many of its historic immigrant neighborhoods which are now parking lots ringing downtown, unlike Cincinnati, for example, which preserved them (well at least left them vacant and boarded up until the last decade when there was renewed interest)

You have no idea about Louisville history. Germans mostly lived in Phoenix Hill, south of Old Louisville, and west of downtown. in the 1800s, Portland and the Pointe had large French populations.

Why don't you mention Louisville's large Irish population at churches like St Patrick's, Our Lady, and ST. Louis Bertrand?

I wish Louisville was in the south! It would be booming like ATL, Charlotte, Nashville, you name it. Its doing the best it has in 100 years, but its not a boom town. Its NOT the south Eddie! Give it up.

Have you been to the St Patrick's Day Parade? It is one of the largest you will find between Chicago and Atlanta.
Should I have my Irish buddy in the Ancient Order of Hibernians knock you in the head with a pint of Guinness for trying to make Louisville out to be a deep south city with no current ethnic history, lol?

Welcome - Ancient Order of Hibernians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BMf-deEk1I

I actually have extensive knowledge on this stuff, and you are just plain wrong. What happened in Louisville was Bloody Monday:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Monday

Louisville is an interesting city because it CANNOT be placed squarely in any one region. It really cannot. I am ok with people stating Louisville leans southern. Since at least the 1970s ,the city has purposefully tried to position itself as southern...this sells tourists. In the last 5 years, since the bourbon boom, the city has played it up even more! Plus, many locals are not from here now, but their parents actually moved from rural KY.

Historically, before the last couple decades, rural eastern Kentuckians would move to Cincinnati, Pitt, NE Ohio, etc. Now they move to Lex, Louisville, and usually, further south

Civil War? Eddie, Louisville as a UNION city. Why are you telling people it was a confederate city?

"Louisville in the American Civil War was a major stronghold of Union forces, which kept Kentucky firmly in the Union."

Major union planning happened at the Galt House. Unlike the true south which was ravaged, no battles were fought anywhere near Louisville!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisv...ican_Civil_War

Eddie, please give it up! What is your motivation with this constant slant to make Louisville deeply southern? Sure, Louisvillains owned slaves, but at the same time, Louisville had one of the LARGEST populations of free blacks of ANY US city! Remember, Louisville was a legit top 15 city in the mid nineteenth century, and rapidly urbanizing.

Industry? Louisville remains a blue collar, heavy industrial city! Even though Louisville is maybe 1/4 the size of Atlanta in MSA, Louisville employs more industrial workers to this day. Fried Chicken happens to be a fad around all over. The best selling fried chicken in Louisville right now? The EAGLE, a chain from....you guessed it, Cincinnati!

Louisville was a major gateway to the underground railroad:

https://www.louisville.com/content/l...ad-communities

Your attempts to make Louisville look "southern" is your way of "dumbing it down." Others may not, but I see through what is being done. You do not want to see its ethnic history, its red brick, its density and grit. You do not want to acknowledge its Union history and heavily German and Irish Catholic history. You do not want to comment on Louisville's advanced trolley and elevated rail system that it so sadly destroyed. Is this how you show that Milwaukee and Cincinnati are "superior" to Louisville? I really don't get it at all....

What's funny? We actually agree to an extent....Louisville is heavily southern influenced, and the trend has been to be more so. But in 1850, I would argue it was 100% Midwest, and by 1950, it was probably still 80% Midwest. I think it is probably 40-50% Midwest today, and please recall that a full one quarter of the metro lives in INDIANA, a state that almost everyone on CD agrees is Midwest!
Actually, a lot of Southern cities have large St. Patricks day parades, one of the largest takes place in Savannah, GA which I attended last year, and it was way bigger than the St. Patricks day parade I went to as a kid in Cleveland for many years. To be honest l, I was actually shocked at all the festivities in Savannah.

I have veen following this thread and it seems like each person has their own opinion on where Louisville belongs and there is probably little anyone can do or evidence to present that will sway each other's opinions, and thats ok. For me, Louisville is Southern and has some Midwestern influences, but not enough to call it a Midwestern City, it just doesnt feel Midwestern at all to me. But to someone else, Louisville may feel Midwestern and that is ok too. If Louisville was 20 miles further South away from the River this conversation would not exist. Rarely do you see any threads discussing if Lexington is Southern and the people between Lex and Lou are indistinguishable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky