Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2011, 10:31 AM

7 posts, read 14,429 times

Advertisements

I've recently moved to knoxville. I started looking for houses and my primary criteria was to find a house in the Farragut School district. I've found a couple of neighborhoods in the choto area that I like. This area is not under Farragut limits. But, they fall under the Farragut school zone (primary, middle and high). Does anybody know if there are plans to rezone this area to different schools?
One other thing I'm concerned about this area is the traffic congestion on northshore drive. How is the traffic here during weekdays in the morning and evening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 01:17 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,296,788 times
I think traffic can get a little heavy on Northshore at times.

By the way, if you are going to buy a house in that area, you should really consider having it tested for radon, especially if its a slab or basement home.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:50 PM

Thanks Barking Spider for pointing out radon issues in the area. I'll get the radon tested for sure.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:05 PM

610 posts, read 1,623,684 times
My parents live in Choto, so I have some knowledge. The traffic is heavier at rush hour, but no more than any other areas. It's very beautiful and growing quickly, especially with the boom on Choto, McFee and area backroads. Yes, it's pretty much Lenoir City zones, but with the addition of Hardin Valley on the other side of Farragut, the zones have changed to accommodate the riverside of Farragut to continue going there. I would be very surprised if they drastically changed the zones. I would concentrate on Choto area more than say, Watt Rd area north, as it may change to Hardin Valley zone if not already...

Old 02-14-2011, 07:48 AM

airen123,
Thanks for the info. Any real benefits in living in Farragut limits as opposed to choto area?

Old 02-15-2011, 03:10 PM

610 posts, read 1,623,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techtravel View Post
airen123,
Thanks for the info. Any real benefits in living in Farragut limits as opposed to choto area?
No problem. Closer in, you're nearer the shopping and restaurants, but you have to deal with the crowds and traffic. The further out to Choto, the less traffic and more nature.

It's fairly more remote, pizza doesn't deliver out in some areas. There is a restaurant by the marina (Willie's is the name, now, I think), and a couple of churches. The nearest gas station is about 10 minutes away from my parents.
All being said, I am fairly sure that the area will slowly surge over time and become dependently functional, instead of having to run over to Kingston Pike for everything. They just built a spankin' new YMCA not even a minute down Northshore from Choto, and a Weige's on the corner is coming soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville