Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2013, 01:18 PM

283 posts, read 900,341 times

Advertisements

We are thinking about moving closer to Knoxville, but not in the city itself. Found a couple of prospects near the Wampler plant on Kingston Pike, in Lenoir City area. Question I have - I have lived around farms and paper mills several times in my life, and sometimes they really stink.

I haven't found any references to the Wampler plant on the forums, so thought I would try asking in case someone lives around there. Not that I have anything against the good smell of sausage cooking, but not sure I would like a smell all the time.

duh - I originally posted this in the TN forum, even though I thought I was in the Knoxville forum. Sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 02:26 PM

4,704 posts, read 25,301,161 times
I have driven by it many times and have not noticed any smell, but did not stop and spend much time either.

On a side note:
When I was growing up in So CA there was an orange juice factory close by, as well as a factory where they did something with tomatoes. You could smell oranges if you got close (1/4 mile), but my school was about 1/2 mile away from the tomato factory, and it would smell like tomato soup sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville