Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 07:52 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times

Advertisements

$625 seems a bit low. Where are you seeing ads like that?

Oh, and welcome to the Knoxville forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 08:53 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,347,702 times
I'm in a apartment complex in North East Knoxville. We have a 2/2 for 760 a month that includes water and trash. Lots of amenities and it is a quiet complex. We lived here when we first moved to Tn. but left chasing a dream of the home ownership. We came back here almost 2 years ago and we love it here.
Knoxville is for Bill and I a great place to live and call home.
Pam

Old 06-25-2010, 04:33 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,580,635 times
The $625 house might not be in a dicey area, it could just be a little small or needs updating.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:11 PM

2 posts, read 6,073 times
Hi all! My family and I are from southern Virginia and are looking to move within the next year. We have visited eastern TN about 3 times (mostly Gatlinburg and surrounding areas) and we just just love the time we've spent in TN. I have 4 children so one of the biggest factors in where we move will be the school system. What towns around Knoxville have really good school systems? My husband wants to be near a city, but I like the country, so would prefer to live in a town outside of Knoxville. I love the simple things in life and love to live near the mountains. We are not far from the Blue Ridge Mtns. now. It's very important to me to live around friendly folk I love the south! I have learned alot so far from the forums, but would appreciate any info. you could give about surrounding towns and school systems. Thanks in advance!

Old 08-06-2010, 11:25 PM

187 posts, read 460,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamomof4 View Post
Hi all! My family and I are from southern Virginia and are looking to move within the next year. We have visited eastern TN about 3 times (mostly Gatlinburg and surrounding areas) and we just just love the time we've spent in TN. I have 4 children so one of the biggest factors in where we move will be the school system. What towns around Knoxville have really good school systems? My husband wants to be near a city, but I like the country, so would prefer to live in a town outside of Knoxville. I love the simple things in life and love to live near the mountains. We are not far from the Blue Ridge Mtns. now. It's very important to me to live around friendly folk I love the south! I have learned alot so far from the forums, but would appreciate any info. you could give about surrounding towns and school systems. Thanks in advance!

You would probably wanna check out Maryville then...It has the best options you are wanting with the schools,in the country but still within 15-20 mins of city life...Seymour would also be a good choice,But Seymour schools aren't quite as good as Maryville and Alcoa schools...Both areas are about 20-30 mins from the mtns...Maryville is bigger and has more options far as resturants and shopping goes,But both areas are really good choices never the less

Old 08-07-2010, 09:59 AM

2 posts, read 6,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaguy83 View Post
You would probably wanna check out Maryville then...It has the best options you are wanting with the schools,in the country but still within 15-20 mins of city life...Seymour would also be a good choice,But Seymour schools aren't quite as good as Maryville and Alcoa schools...Both areas are about 20-30 mins from the mtns...Maryville is bigger and has more options far as resturants and shopping goes,But both areas are really good choices never the less

Thanks! I will check out these areas. We should be heading out that way for a visit within the next couple of months. I appreciate your response

Old 08-07-2010, 08:38 PM

75 posts, read 226,494 times
West Knoxville area (like Hardin Valley or Cedar Bluff) might also fit the bill, Vamom. It's 15 minutes from downtown, but still close to everything.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:22 PM

4 posts, read 10,106 times
My family and I are thinking about moving to Seymour Tn. My wife wants to move to Port Charlotte Fl. She says there are way too many cotton mouth and copper head snakes in Tn. You cannot go walking in the woods without wearing gattors or chaps or snake boots. And that when our children get older the chances of having accidents on the icy roads on mountains are too risky. What do you say to these concerns?

Old 02-04-2014, 02:46 PM

257 posts, read 489,298 times
I don't believe you need to worry too much about snakes. I believe that Cottonmouths are not in TN east of the Tenessee River. My wife and I do a lot of hiking and very rarely see a snake.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:09 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,289,485 times
That's kind of like saying you can't go hiking in Florida without getting bit by alligators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville