Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 09:19 AM

52 posts, read 180,043 times

Advertisements

Nice article in today's LV Sun regarding this weekend's Ironman Championship. Henderson has signed a 5-year contract with Ironman, paving the way for the City and Lake Las Vegas to become a triathlon mecca of sorts.

Henderson, host of Sunday's Ironman competition, becoming hub for triathlons - Saturday, Sept. 10, 2011 | 2 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 07:45 PM

147 posts, read 409,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccodomani View Post
The bad press is indeed unfortunate...though still...I don't know anyone that has bought at LLV and felt regret or horror for buying here. Honestly, everyone I know living here loves it.
I second this. I have yet to meet people who regret living out here.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:41 AM

529 posts, read 1,390,578 times
I agree with Rebel_Fan and Eccodomani. Everyone I speak to has no regrets, loves Lake Las Vegas and we know the best is yet to come!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2011, 10:26 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLVResident View Post
I agree with Rebel_Fan and Eccodomani. Everyone I speak to has no regrets, loves Lake Las Vegas and we know the best is yet to come!!!!!!
And if it doesn't, no one can blame you three for not trying to make it happen.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:04 AM

208 posts, read 350,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccodomani View Post
Nice article in today's LV Sun regarding this weekend's Ironman Championship. Henderson has signed a 5-year contract with Ironman, paving the way for the City and Lake Las Vegas to become a triathlon mecca of sorts.

Henderson, host of Sunday's Ironman competition, becoming hub for triathlons - Saturday, Sept. 10, 2011 | 2 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun

any of you guys heard if they're going to bring back the silverman race? i keep hearing rumors both yes and no

Old 09-11-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuse View Post
any of you guys heard if they're going to bring back the silverman race? i keep hearing rumors both yes and no
I did a search and Yes, it appears Silverman returns to LLV/Henderson on Nov 5th, 2011...Here are the event details....

"Race Day
Spectator Viewing event: Spectators can line the beautiful Lake Las Vegas Resort and view the swim start from Monte Lago Villages and the pathways lining the length of Lake Las Vegas from the Village to the Loews Hotel. Spectator viewing areas will also be set up along the run course that takes place throughout Henderson. The Silver-Mile Mixer at the District at Green Valley Ranch will be a gathering place for spectators to see their athletes and enjoy the festivities while they wait. In addition there will be designated spectator areas at the transitions and finish line."

Old 09-11-2011, 09:09 PM

I heard that the triathlon in October was cancelled, but the November/Silverman is still on. Friends who are participating are staying in one of my condos that weekend.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:24 PM

Greetings all. How did the weekend go with the races?

Who is the local telephone carrier for Lake Las Vegas? I need to connect one in my condo, but not sure who we use. LLV Communications? Thanks for any information.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:33 PM

147 posts, read 409,625 times
CenturyLink out at my house, but the condos may very well be different.

Old 09-12-2011, 05:03 PM

We use CenturyLink too for both phone and internet.
Triathalon appeared to go great. Tons of people and weather was spectacular.
Next weekend, there is a celebration in the Village to launch the fireworks that were cancelled on July 4 due to rain. They have been advertising it heavily on TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas