Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 02:40 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
So why would you guys doubt Airics?
Because Settebello is the best!

Maybe Aircs just doesn't like their style(original) of pizza.

Wouldn't surprise me since so many on this thread seem to think that Papa Johns, Little Ceasar's, and Pizza Hut make "good" pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 05:14 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Because Settebello is the best!

Maybe Aircs just doesn't like their style(original) of pizza.

Wouldn't surprise me since so many on this thread seem to think that Papa Johns, Little Ceasar's, and Pizza Hut make "good" pizza.
Darn I must have missed that. Quote a couple so we can see that view.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:29 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,762,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz420 View Post
I'm here to chime in with the Vegan Pizza options in Las Vegas (all use Daiya vegan cheese unless otherwise noted)
Is "vegan cheese" less of a heart clogger than Buffalo mozzarella?

Old 10-11-2012, 05:39 AM

629 posts, read 1,174,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Is "vegan cheese" less of a heart clogger than Buffalo mozzarella?

It's very tasty and zero cholesterol

Old 10-11-2012, 01:41 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,946,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Darn I must have missed that. Quote a couple so we can see that view.
Okay!

Here's one:
"Well everyone is going to call me a neanderthal or numbnuts or something BUT since I have grandchildren we go to CiCi's Pizza when we come to Las Vegas.. All different kinds of pizza and it is cheap... And IMO the pizza is as good as "most" pizza joints around....."
http://www.city-data.com/forum/21181128-post60.html from SoCalCpl2

and another:
"I know I'm a Philistine but I reckon the best value for a pizza is Papa Murphy's. Sorry" from Aitchem
http://www.city-data.com/forum/17565408-post3.html

and another:
"I also think Pizza Hut makes very good pizza," from Buzz123
http://www.city-data.com/forum/17565871-post6.html

I got tired of looking for more quotes, but they are there... you get the idea. Most people don't know what good pizza is.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:51 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Most people don't know what good pizza is.
And when presented with good pizza, they don't like it. Because they're used to sugary tomato sauces, greasy cheese-stuffed crusts, and seven pounds of toppings on a spongy crust.

That isn't pizza. It's as close to real pizza as the stuff at the Chinese takeout is to real Chinese food -- which is to say, not at all. Compound that with the regional superiority complexes that people seem to have about food*, and I'm amazed a place like Settebello can thrive in this town.

* "I'm from Chicago, so I know what a real pizza is." "I'm from New York and that's the only place on earth where you can get a good pizza." Et cetera.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:51 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
We'll just call those "American" pizza and since we are in America...I am guessing that I will be one who will not appreciate Settebello's authentic Italian pizza. I have never been to Italy, but I can tell you that I do not like my SIL's homemade sauce/gravy (whatever they call it) because it is too bland. They rave about it...yuck, boring.

I am a boring, cheap, American foodie. LOL! Probably better I don't know what I am missing.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:34 PM

670 posts, read 1,104,088 times
In regards to "Those Guys Pies" I mentioned earlier in this thread the RJ just featured a story about their recent opening in The Lakes shopping center:

Those Guys Pies sets up pizza shop in The Lakes - View - ReviewJournal.com

As I mentioned my wife and I love their pies, and their ingredients are 100% fresh.

WELL worth a try!

Old 10-17-2012, 09:08 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
We'll just call those "American" pizza and since we are in America...I am guessing that I will be one who will not appreciate Settebello's authentic Italian pizza. I have never been to Italy, but I can tell you that I do not like my SIL's homemade sauce/gravy (whatever they call it) because it is too bland. They rave about it...yuck, boring.

I am a boring, cheap, American foodie. LOL! Probably better I don't know what I am missing.
There's nothing wrong with being a cheap American foodie. Look at the success of Guy Fieri's "Diners Drive-Ins and Dives."

I haven't been to Settebello's, but I enjoyed Grimaldis. I like all different types of pizza, from Chicago style, to NY style, to authentic Italian. Pizza is just such a flexible food with so many wonderful ways to prepare it.

On our side of town, Lino's is still my favorite.

As for cheap, chain pizza, you couldn't pay me to eat at some of the places quoted above again. I don't mind Little Caesars, though. Frozen pizza is better in many cases, but LC is convenient and not disgusting IMHO. The one on Camino El Norte is always hopping, so the Hot N Ready pizza is usually pretty fresh.

(When my house was full of teenage boys, I couldn't afford the good stuff for that bunch of pizza-hungry locusts)

Old 10-17-2012, 05:19 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
Blah blah blah blah blah.....If New Yawk pizza is so darned important why did y'all ever leave the place?

All I ever hear is New Yawk refugees complaining and comparing everything to NY....

Fact is each New Yawker will insist that not only is the most authentic NY pizza is in NY, but that it happens to be the particular pizza joint that they grew up with!

I think youse guys just need something to argue about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas