Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 10:30 AM

7 posts, read 39,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Im guessing Elle V means LV (Las Vegas )
It does! I've used it as a username with other LV boards throughout the years and didn't think twice about using it here. I apologize if I've created any confusion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 01:00 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post
All this pizza talk will only serve to force me to pick up some Nancy's deep dish next trip to Chicago. Maybe a trip to Lou Malnati's or Bacino's as well. For those who haven't been, Pizzeria Uno & Pizzeria Due get a lot of press, but you're likely to enjoy several other options moreso if you get to Chicago. Nancy's (my fave), Lou Malnati's, Bacino's, Gino's East & My Pii will all likely be more enjoyable.
I'm a Chicago-style pizza guy myself. Although ironically, I first became a big fan when I lived within walking distance of a My Pii in Miami in the early 1980s. Sadly, they've reversed their earlier expansion and are now only located in Chicago. And speaking of Chicago, whenever I'm in town, one of my first stops is always Gino's East.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:37 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Hmmm...I am in the mood for pizza now. Decisions....Mark Rich's or Settebello? Mark Rich is definitely closer, but bored and I do love tooling around Green Valley.......

We get Rosati's all the time, looking for something different.

We have tried Streets of NY (eh..) and North End (not so great).

I am not a pizza aficionado so my opinion is skewed, but you are going to get it anyway!

Old 07-15-2012, 05:21 PM

Ok, well the hub was too impatient to travel for food, so Mark Rich won out. Now...I have never been to NY so I can't give a comparison as to whether it was close to NY authentic (whatever that may be). Out of 5, we both rated it 2.5. Had a pizza and a greek salad. I thought the salad was ok, but I rather the creamy Greek dressing and this was the oil one, but it was alright. Small for the price, I thought.

The pizza was just ok too, IMO. Sauce was bland and they skimped on the cheese. I did like that they used fresh mushrooms, not canned. The crust was thin, with a crunch to it. We both liked that.

Next up: Settebello!

Old 07-15-2012, 05:33 PM

366 posts, read 1,212,847 times
So you went to an Italian place for a Greek salad?

Old 07-15-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe3788 View Post
So you went to an Italian place for a Greek salad?
LOL, I knew someone would say that. I went to the place for pizza. The salad was an add on and I chose Greek over Antipasto because the menu claimed it to have their famous salad dressing and talked it up. It was ok, I did like it, I just have had better. I prefer Greek over Antipasto anyway, unless I was ordering just the salad.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:53 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,421,063 times
I recently discovered that we have Papa Murphy's here in the valley. The only other time I had them was visiting my sister in Denver several years ago. I really like them.

They even do a "Chicago Style" pie though it is nothing like you would get at Gino's or Giordano's but still, it was pretty darn good.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:54 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
I recently discovered that we have Papa Murphy's here in the valley. The only other time I had them was visiting my sister in Denver several years ago. I really like them.

They even do a "Chicago Style" pie though it is nothing like you would get at Gino's or Giordano's but still, it was pretty darn good.
If you order from Papa Johns be sure to register to order online (and they have a free app for your smart phone). You earn points towards free pizzas with every ONLINE order (or via app, not by calling the store), and sometimes they randomly give you bonus points.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:45 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
If you order from Papa Johns be sure to register to order online (and they have a free app for your smart phone). You earn points towards free pizzas with every ONLINE order (or via app, not by calling the store), and sometimes they randomly give you bonus points.
Papa Murphy's, not Papa Johns.

We have one on Tropicana a couple miles up the street from us. I've never really considered getting a pizza there because I can't imagine it would taste that great coming out of my regular wall oven rather than being baked in a pizza oven.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:53 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Papa Murphy's, not Papa Johns.

We have one on Tropicana a couple miles up the street from us. I've never really considered getting a pizza there because I can't imagine it would taste that great coming out of my regular wall oven rather than being baked in a pizza oven.

Oh, whoops! I read that wrong. Wrong PAPA! I like Papa Johns though, for a quick cheap pizza. The use all fresh stuff there.

Papa Murphys is actually good, IMO. The ingredients are so fresh and you can tell them how to make it for you.

But, I feel life is too short to be a food snob (not saying you are MMoB), so I am open to try places that are less than gormet. And I even like *gasp* chains!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas