Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 12:36 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,309,424 times

Advertisements

I have T-mobile. The only problem i have with it at home, i have to be upstairs for good reception. Downstairs, i get voice feedback (mine)constantly and it messes up the conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 09:05 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,524,319 times
What (What) did (did) you (you) say (say), Pink? (Pink?)

Old 10-29-2007, 09:24 AM

109 posts, read 532,507 times
We have sprint service and they have been very good, I used to do field service for a major brand, and I was all over the city, never had any problems, even inside my apartment.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:27 PM

697 posts, read 3,280,992 times
I have Verizon (I hate them). I used to have T-mobile (loved them). I have to keep Verizon because of all the time I spend in Wyoming and Colorado, Verizon is the only one that works in most areas out there.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:47 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,144,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21 View Post
I have Verizon (I hate them). I used to have T-mobile (loved them). I have to keep Verizon because of all the time I spend in Wyoming and Colorado, Verizon is the only one that works in most areas out there.
Have you done *228 on your Verizon phone yet?.....will add at least one sometimes 2 more bars....

Old 10-29-2007, 08:43 PM

697 posts, read 3,280,992 times
I do *228 weekly and have a signal booster. The signal is not the problem, it is the company. I liked T-mobile because I could switch from my trendy phone at night (I enjoy new technology and being on the cutting edge) and my practical phone during the workday (the sidekick, for example, is just not practical at work). All I had to do is move my simcard. With Verizon, you have to call and activate each phone. Also, I have et to have a good experience with Verizon customer service. They charge for stuff that other companies offer for free and they ock out the features of their phones.

Don't believe me? Take the Motorazr for example (I used to be a cellphone sales rep) from Verizon and compare it with the same phone from T-mobile or Sprint and you will see that the Verizon phone does not have some of the features because Verizon locked them out.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:08 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,237,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21 View Post
I do *228 weekly and have a signal booster. The signal is not the problem, it is the company. I liked T-mobile because I could switch from my trendy phone at night (I enjoy new technology and being on the cutting edge) and my practical phone during the workday (the sidekick, for example, is just not practical at work). All I had to do is move my simcard. With Verizon, you have to call and activate each phone. Also, I have et to have a good experience with Verizon customer service. They charge for stuff that other companies offer for free and they ock out the features of their phones.

Don't believe me? Take the Motorazr for example (I used to be a cellphone sales rep) from Verizon and compare it with the same phone from T-mobile or Sprint and you will see that the Verizon phone does not have some of the features because Verizon locked them out.

I too use Verizon for lap top broadband and two cell phones. This is a pure business decision with us. We live off them things.

The only thing I like about Verizon is that they work better than any body else. The work in my home...which is near Lone Mountain in the NW...they work in the upper reaches of Sun City Summerlin...say Cheyenne and 215. They work in Log Cabin...the limit project out Durango. They work in the far SW.

They do drop calls. I do catch an annoying echo at home. I find maybe every 15th call is whacked in noise and totally unreadable. Unfortunately that is vastly better than anyone else.

Periodically we try others...simply take a new phone and use it as the intercom. So far we have give four back before the end of the trial period.

When someone else good comes along though...byby Verizon.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:20 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,790,552 times
When we visit we use TMobile and it has always worked fine but I don't live there and the residents probably know what works where.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:56 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,144,650 times
I should qualify my comments.....I use swear by Verizon....cause my wife works for em

Old 10-31-2007, 01:45 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,524,319 times
No she doesn't!!!! She just keeps asking you "can you hear me now?" because she doesn't think you're listening!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas