Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 09:17 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,240,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherinLV View Post
Please note that the following information is what I have personally experienced and my humble opinion.I am currently a teacher in the Clark County School District, in a "good" school, and have experienced nothing but heartache in this district. I have stuck it out for three years, so as not to make anything look bad on my resume. The district wonders why they can't get/keep teachers......the wholesome, smart ones move on because they are not going to deal with the morons and minipulators that are called their supervisors. We are professionals, we do not need to be micro managed. The district hasn't caught on that if they took care of the teachers, they could get more quality individuals into the district merely by word of mouth from their happy teachers. I would highly suggest you don't move to Las Vegas, if you have kids and are concerned about the schools. I would NEVER allow my child to go to a school in Clark County School District. Sadly, we will be moving at the end of this school year.
Ohh for heaven sake...You have worked in 12 other major school systems in the US? You have worked in 5 other schools in Las Vegas? You have surveyed the teachers in a number of major school systems and they all agree that on sensible criteria CCSD sucks?

" ......the wholesome, smart ones move on because they are not going to deal with the morons and minipulators that are called their supervisors. "

YOu think the supervisors in other school systems are different? The word by the way is "manipulator". Perhaps your supervisors prefer teachers who can spell?

It is a middle of the pack school system. The good suburban schools are interchangable with those elsewhere. And no amout of losers venting their spleens is going to change that.

What a strange forum this is...a regular set of assassins working Vegas and Phoenix. What an odd hobby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas