Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you HATE most about Vegas. For all you LV folks
Crime 5 20.83%
Cleanliness (or lack of it according to some) 3 12.50%
traffic 12 50.00%
massive growth 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:42 PM

686 posts, read 3,716,236 times

Advertisements

Hi there, on all these threads it seems everyone is bashing Las Vegas!! I was in the city for two weeks last July checking out college, and my friend and her fiancee drove me all over the city. he even took me to the bad areas.

In my opinion, vegas is a lot better than a lot of cities out there. I was actually suprised at how clean it was. I would definitely consider moving there for school. We spent a lot of time all over town and I didn't really see that much graffiti like everyone says there is. Yeah, North Vegas is bad and the neighborhoods around the strip are nasty, but I didn't meet one person in Vegas that I talked too that didn't like living in Vegas.

can you explain why everyone hates and bashes Las Vegas??

Daniel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 12:46 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,096 times
I think people do not appriciate what they have in general. You also have to understand that its not just Vegas that people rant about. Check out the California forums and you will see the same ol' thing. But I agree that Las Vegas is nicer than a lot of other cities, especially how clean it is and the condition of our roads are better than most. I wake up everyday and see the sunshine! wow I dont live in a 3rd world country! I feel so lucky !

Old 02-04-2008, 01:03 PM

I agree. I live in Tucson and many people I met in Vegas have lived or visited tucson and have commented on how cleaner Vegas is. And Vegas is 5 times the size of Tucson!!

Old 02-04-2008, 01:17 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times
I don't play in polls that don't have the none of the above or similar option. To all of the above I would respond Vegas is better than many including virtually all the cities of the midwest.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:21 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
A lot of people will move to Las Vegas without work or without marketable skills and end up in the crappiest part of town, have a terrible experience, then come and post on the boards how terrible the whole of Las Vegas is, when in fact it's nothing like that.
They believe one little section of town is like the entire valley. When it's just that little section they got stuck in.
I do believe those types will also move on to other cities and states and repeat the process over and over again.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:25 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
pink - you just hit the nail right on the head...that is sooooo true

Old 02-04-2008, 02:30 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,473,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
A lot of people will move to Las Vegas without work or without marketable skills and end up in the crappiest part of town, have a terrible experience, then come and post on the boards how terrible the whole of Las Vegas is, when in fact it's nothing like that.
They believe one little section of town is like the entire valley. When it's just that little section they got stuck in.
I do believe those types will also move on to other cities and states and repeat the process over and over again.
You get one of those rep thingies for that! You are so right on about this! Really good post pink!

Old 02-04-2008, 02:45 PM

I figured that from the get go.

daniel

Old 02-04-2008, 03:25 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,661 times
Not everyone does hate and bash Vegas, even on these forums. I myself have made negative comments about Vegas (especially MY predictions for the short-term future of its housing market and discouraging people who ask from just moving there indiscriminately), but I don't dislike the city by any means.
Just b/c someone makes a negative post about any city does not mean that person has a negative opinion of that city. Plus, there are a lot of leading questions on this forum, such as "What do you dislike about LV? What's the worst thing about living in the Valley, Name the good and bad aspects of LV, etc." Questions such as these will generate a lot of negative responses. Even the most enthusiastic LV supporters will have some (often times many) things they don't like about the area. One good questions to ask is why these people still live there and haven't moved. When they take the balance of good and bad, many such people realize Vegas is a great place to live, for them.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:46 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,575,239 times
I don't hate Vegas.I love it!Had a cousin living in NLV from 1995-2006 before going to school in Miami.He tells me a great deal about Vegas.Plan on moving around SEP-NOV08 or FEB-MAY09.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: