Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 11:56 AM

1,347 posts, read 2,449,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Yeah we agree. MNBNR will do much better with the Soprano approach. Take some bit out of context and dwell on it. Ignore any real issues so that your lack of knowledge will be less apparent.

Just watch Tony. He is quite good at it.
MNBNR, get used to this as well. I call it the the olecapt shuffle.
  1. When reminded how horribly wrong he was with one of his previous statements, he will deny that he ever said it.
  2. When the aforementioned horribly wrong statement is quoted, he will claim that he was taken out of context.
  3. When the supporting posts are then provided to give the exact context of his horribly wrong statements, he will either not respond at all, or exclaim that no one could have foreseen what was going to happen.
  4. Lather, rinse, and repeat for any number of things that he has just been flat out wrong about with the economy in general and the Vegas housing market in specific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 12:00 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
MNBNR, get used to this as well. I call it the the olecapt shuffle.
  1. When reminded how horribly wrong he was with one of his previous statements, he will deny that he ever said it.
  2. When the aforementioned horribly wrong statement is quoted, he will claim that he was taken out of context.
  3. When the supporting posts are then provided to give the exact context of his horribly wrong statements, he will either not respond at all, or exclaim that no one could have foreseen what was going to happen.
  4. Lather, rinse, and repeat for any number of things that he has just been flat out wrong about with the economy in general and the Vegas housing market in specific.
As I said you are good at it. Keep changing the subject to BS you picked before.

That allows you to avoid speaking to the current context.

October will be out in the next couple of days. Tell us what you believe it will say...and what that means...YOu won't of course. That would mean actually taking a position.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
As I said you are good at it. Keep changing the subject to BS you picked before.
Yeah, I'd want to forget some of your previous gems too.
Quote:
That allows you to avoid speaking to the current context.

October will be out in the next couple of days. Tell us what you believe it will say...and what that means...YOu won't of course. That would mean actually taking a position.
You'll also notice his flagging memory as every couple of months he'll ask what my position is on the housing market and I have to remind him that I've already told him.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/9419563-post1314.html

Old 11-03-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'd want to forget some of your previous gems too.You'll also notice his flagging memory as every couple of months he'll ask what my position is on the housing market and I have to remind him that I've already told him.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/9419563-post1314.html
So your response to what is happening in October and under active discussion is "See June"

Classic Soprano...

Old 11-03-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
So your response to what is happening in October and under active discussion is "See June"

Classic Soprano...
What do I care about a single month? I'll leave the monthly prognostications to you. You've even managed to get that wrong with just a single day left in the month.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
What do I care about a single month? I'll leave the monthly prognostications to you. You've even managed to get that wrong with just a single day left in the month.
Ducks again ...that was quarter before last...

Old 11-03-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Ducks again ...that was quarter before last...
Great, so the quarter before last, with but a single day left in May, you said May would show a price increase over April. How'd that work out for you? Here we are six months later and October might draw even with April?

Quack Quack.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:27 PM

9,746 posts, read 11,169,688 times
You just finished writing:

Quote:
..... began to increase substantially in the 2H08. They have been quite strong since often setting all time monthly highs.

And earlier:

Quote:
The insanity is that we continue to ride through a stretch of record or near record demand with stable or falllng price. We have an insatiable demand and still prices hold. If you want to find the weird in this sceanario figure out how prices can be held stable in the face of such demand. It looks like price is roughly stable. Again hard to believe.

So let's try it again (I'm sorry if this is too dull for you): Question to Olecapt: Why is the demand so strong since 2008 (your words not mine) yet the prices are falling??? If you cannot answer such a basic question, then how on earth can anyone trust your professional opinion as to forecast if things are going up, down, or sideways in price???

Old 11-03-2009, 01:33 PM

9,746 posts, read 11,169,688 times
Quote:
MNBNR, you have to learn to ignore a good bit of what he writes. This is the same guy that was telling people in 2006 that there was no bubble in Vegas real-estate, that there was a significant probability that RE prices would be up 10% from Dec. 2008, that housing prices had to increase when REO inventory fell, etc. It's a shotgun approach of throwing out enough predictions that sooner or later one of them will come to pass.
I got one shoulder blade on the mat, I'm trying to pin the other. I'm waiting for him to say "I give". He doesn't know the answer yet he is trying to come off as the expert. It's not a tough question for a RE expert. It's really not.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I got one shoulder blade on the mat, I'm trying to pin the other. I'm waiting for him to say "I give". He doesn't know the answer yet he is trying to come off as the expert. It's not a tough question for a RE expert. It's really not.
He believes that prices have been manipulated by lenders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt
I have been of the opinion right along that the entire bubble burst was artificial and driven by the lenders. Not that the bubble had not begun to deflate...it had. But the bust and the behavior to present is driven by lenders who control the price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas