Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 12:45 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Sorry but your verbage is so similar it is an easy mistake to make. Which of you is the sock puppet?

My interest in market direction is almost entirely driven by the need to offset the idiot doom and gloomers with reality. and my interest is entirely local and very narrow.

My investment results were perfect. I took the same advice I gave everyone else. Worked perfectly.
As an outsider looking in, your "local interest" just might be related to pimping your RE services. Again nothing wrong with it as it's promoted on this CD site. But I do smell commission breath.

I'm glad you did so well with RE investing considering the posts that Tony dug up in 2006. You would have had to do the opposite of your posted predictions. Who knows, maybe you knew it was tanking but you posted the opposite to real them in.

Everyone has a right to rebuild their portfolio before they re-retire. I'll let the others take over. I was PM'ed by a 1/2 dozen people enjoying the show. you have a fan club. Seems you got under a lot of peoples skin.

I'm done. You can go back to being the RE investment guru.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 01:51 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
MNBNR=TS No doubt in my mind..... oh and as for ALL of the discussion... who cares... are you guys like 10yrs old?? you need your own forum.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:55 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,473,542 times
Or a room....

Old 11-06-2009, 05:12 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,448,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You can't read?

Originally Posted by olecapt on 3/3/08

Nasty thing - Sometimes you catch the low probability.

You don't understand probability though do you?

Dude66 believed in the really apocalyptic view. He would suggest we have seen nothing yet.
Yes, I can read fine. And what I, and everyone else read, was Dude66 explaining to you what was going to happen from a macroeconomic perspective and what it was going to mean to Vegas housing. They also read you trying to tell him that Vegas was somehow going to be spared because "real estate is local". So, I'll pose the question for you again, how did that work out for you and the clients you've put underwater?

And for someone that purports to have an excellent understanding of statistics and probabilities, you're constantly the one on the wrong side of the odds. "A significant probability that Vegas housing will be up 10% YoY from 12/08". "A low probability that there will be a global recession".

You remain the supreme random generator.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
MNBNR=TS No doubt in my mind.....
Yeah, and you're starting to sound like olecapt with his lenders caused the housing crash conspiracy theory.

Have a moderator check the IP addresses if it's a concern.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:52 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times
Let me remind all of you that you need to stay on topic and refrain from attacking one another in your posts. I am not going to go back 7 or so pages and delete posts that are off topic or attacks, and there are many of them. With your bickering back and forth, it ruins the general flow of information for the other members to read.
This is a very informative thread, seeing that it is 187 pages long. Let's not ruin it and close it down because a few members can't follow the rules.

Read over the TOS if you have any quesions. Thank you.

Personal Attack

Per the Terms of Service, which you agreed to follow when you became a member here:

Quote:
Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:17 PM

100 posts, read 180,575 times
Default Re:

Oct numbers from GLVAR are out. As an update.

SFR median prices in greater las vegas went up $1,100 to $139,100 representing a small 0.8% price increase and is highest since Jun 09.

Townhomes/Condo median prices jumped $4,280 to $70,000 representing a 6.5% jump from the previous month and is the highest since Mar 09.

Prices of TWH/Condos are however still cheap as TWH/Condo prices are still ~50% of SFR homes (whilst it was normally 60+% in previous few years). So there should be a bit more upside potential for TWH/Condo homes (assuming SFR home prices are constant).

SFR sales numbers jumped 177 units (5.3%) to 3,535 sold in Oct. However condos and TWH dropped 9 or ~1% to 850. In total 4,494 units were sold compared to 4,312 in sep.

Listings appear steady with no drop in inventory.

In summary, LV home prices continue to trend upwards.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim10 View Post
In summary, LV home prices continue to trend upwards.
I'd like to think I'm as optimistic as the next guy, but I think it's a little premature to call a < 3% bump off the bottom we saw just two months ago, a trend.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:00 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,473,542 times
Default Buy a home to live in it, not "invest" in it....

Unless you're planning on moving to Las Vegas and are going to buy a home to live in, I wouldn't be buying a home for "investment" purposes here.

"Home prices in both the 10-city and 20-city composite indices and all metro areas except for Cleveland either improved or fell more slowly. Charlotte, Cleveland and Las Vegas were the only metro areas to see monthly price declines."

10 Cities Experiencing Home Price Rebounds - Yahoo! Real Estate

Old 11-09-2009, 04:09 PM

100 posts, read 180,575 times
Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Unless you're planning on moving to Las Vegas and are going to buy a home to live in, I wouldn't be buying a home for "investment" purposes here.

"Home prices in both the 10-city and 20-city composite indices and all metro areas except for Cleveland either improved or fell more slowly. Charlotte, Cleveland and Las Vegas were the only metro areas to see monthly price declines."

10 Cities Experiencing Home Price Rebounds - Yahoo! Real Estate
The above's based on July to Aug figures. If based on Sep to Oct figures, its different.

As Tony has noted, prices have actually gone up since then albeit at a small 2.6% increase at today's prices from Aug 09. Prices have sold within a narrow band between Apr 09 to Oct 09 (the last 7 months).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas