Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 08:47 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,449,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I called a botton very gingerly but very clearly this spring. YOu can go back and see how it was done. Just produce the similar assertions from the other periods.
This doesn't look particularly ginger to me. http://www.city-data.com/forum/11587830-post1879.html You'll notice it also contains another failed 10% YoY price increase prognostication. <on edit> It looks like you're talking about sales volume vs. price. We're back down to one 10% YoY price increase prognostication.
Quote:
Taking singular comments out of context is your stock in trade. That is because you have nothing else.
Translation - you can't come up with any context in which there wasn't a Vegas housing bubble for the very simple reason that you were epically wrong.

A different bubble with different people.

Last edited by tony soprano; 11-19-2009 at 09:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 09:55 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
This doesn't look particularly ginger to me. http://www.city-data.com/forum/11587830-post1879.html You'll notice it also contains another failed 10% YoY price increase prognostication. <on edit> It looks like you're talking about sales volume vs. price. We're back down to one 10% YoY price increase prognostication.Translation - you can't come up with any context in which there wasn't a Vegas housing bubble for the very simple reason that you were epically wrong.

A different bubble with different people.
As I thoiught. Gave it up. Can't substantiate anything you say.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
As I thoiught. Gave it up. Can't substantiate anything you say.
All anyone has to do is click on the link. I understand the denial phase but your intarweb record doesn't lie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt on 4/9/2008
Price is actually up a little bit at the moment over March. Nothing significant though.

Looks like we are at the bottom.
Maybe that too was a different bottom with different people.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
All anyone has to do is click on the link. I understand the denial phase but your intarweb record doesn't lie. Maybe that too was a different bottom with different people.
Well let us contrast your quote with Olecapt actually suggesting a botton has arrived...

Your quote..

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt on 4/9/2008
Price is actually up a little bit at the moment over March. Nothing significant though.

Looks like we are at the bottom.
And then Olecapt suggesting a bottom has arrived...

Quote:
OleCapt - The Bottom has Arrived...

The olecapt walks out on the plank..whips out his saw and begins cutting between he and the boat...

It appears the end is upon us. We are in the valley. We prophesy that the resale prices of Single family residences in Las Vegas will go up in May over April.

For those more conservative than Olecapt...it could be a seasonal variation.

But Olecapt thinks not. There is more than one variable in play and a couple say we are turning the corner.

Now the mythical 22,000 bank owned could appear in the next week. Or interest rates could pop up a point...or City Center could be destroyed in an earthquake (or imploded by a consortium of bankers)...but short of a catastrophe it appears the numbers suggest an end of the downward trend.

Now remember no one...including olecapt...should announce such a thing without months of data...but by then all would have noticed.

So olecapt stands on the end of the plank and saws away...

Won't it be fun to arguue about how long until we get back to 2004?
Why Tony I bet even you can detect a difference...then again...maybe not.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Why Tony I bet even you can detect a difference...then again...maybe not.
Well, in the muffed bottom call you made some 18 months ago, you say-
Quote:
Looks like we are at a bottom.
In your more recent guess you say
Quote:
It appears the end is upon us.
and
Quote:
...but short of a catastrophe it appears the numbers suggest an end of the downward trend.
So, essentially you replaced "looks" with "appears." Bold, very bold.

How'd that May over April SFR price increase prophesy work out?

Old 11-19-2009, 10:50 PM

815 posts, read 2,052,984 times
Can we start a new thread called "Olecapt vs. Tony Soprano"? It would do a world of good for the viability of this forum. They can duke it out on their own thread! This would leave the Real Estate thread for those interested in Real Estate, and Tony & OleCapt questioning each others predictions in a serparate thread, which will probably only be read by two people. It sure would free up the Real Estate thread, however.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastrudy View Post
Can we start a new thread called "Olecapt vs. Tony Soprano"? It would do a world of good for the viability of this forum. They can duke it out on their own thread! This would leave the Real Estate thread for those interested in Real Estate, and Tony & OleCapt questioning each others predictions in a serparate thread, which will probably only be read by two people. It sure would free up the Real Estate thread, however.
OK - Hate to leave the field to such. But the old physics teacher speaks true.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:24 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrudy View Post
can we start a new thread called "olecapt vs. Tony soprano"? It would do a world of good for the viability of this forum. They can duke it out on their own thread! This would leave the real estate thread for those interested in real estate, and tony & olecapt questioning each others predictions in a serparate thread, which will probably only be read by two people. It sure would free up the real estate thread, however.
amen.....

Old 11-20-2009, 01:32 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,633,438 times
Quote:
YOu have not figured it out yet? The NOD numbers are meaningless and have been right along. The system is at a stable state handling around 3000 foreclosures a month. That is what it can handle and that is what is occuring. The foreclosure are down month over month and year over year. The banked owned inventory is down year over year.

It may continue for months or years. But it is stable for the forseeable future where it is.
Ok, from your own mouth here:

Fact 1: Inventory of foreclosures is stable and will be for months or years.

Fact 2: Not sure the exact number, but its high and you've quoted it I believe in the 40-60% range. Anyway, what I'm looking for is the percentage of these foreclosures that are sold to investors.

Fact 3: You predicted bottom.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:08 AM

9,746 posts, read 11,169,688 times
Quote:
Why waste the bytes. Nonsense is nonsense. YOu have no idea how it actually works. It is far easier in this market and many others to sell four 100K homes than one 400k home. It is always easier to list and sell three 200K homes than one 500K home. You simply don't understand the business.

Try something you know something about...
Let's see if I understand this complex market called real estate sales.

A hypothetical. I fly into Vegas and specifically want to buy a SF home. Say I'm looking at a $400K price range. We talk for an hour and I let you know my specifics. I ask to set me up with 10 showings from the MLS portal that you built.

Same drill as before but now I want a $100K home. How is the supply on that $100K price range with my specifics by the way?? We visit 10 homes as well.

So you are saying you want to pick up 4 people at the airport and spend 4 days driving people around, write up 4 offers, coordinate 4 closings, work through 4 different personalities of listing agents and buyers. Basically juggling 4 times the items versus working with that one person who is buying a $400K home??????

Is that what you are saying???

Hint: A $400K homes are "harder" to sell because currently there are less buyers. They are just as easy to list, process, show, etc. Putting it another way, with all of this volume, are agents on average making more of less than in 2005???

Please educate me how I'm wrong. If you could; please also explain why NAR jumps on all good information in the housing sector as well and spins it to their liking.

Real Estate is full of people who change careers. I've always found from personal experience that sales are not for everyone. It's about being street smart versus say engineering smart. They tap a different part of the brain. Ole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas