Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 04:36 PM

9,746 posts, read 11,167,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Hey you geniuses should get together and invest.

That should really be funny....

If I could short the Vegas market, I would invest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 04:40 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
Sure guys the TS and MNBNR theory of real estate markets.

Just take the price close to zero and sell everything. Brilliant.

Last edited by olecapt; 11-03-2009 at 05:03 PM..

Old 11-03-2009, 04:46 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,449,050 times
Quote:
Sure guys the TS and MNBNR theory of rea; estate markets.

Just take the price close to zero and sell everything. Brilliant.
Yeah, and maybe there was another shooter on the grassy knoll.[/tinfoil hat]

Old 11-03-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Sure guys the TS and MNBNR theory of real estate markets.
The topic is too easy to be considered a "theory". But I suspect it was covered the 1st hour of class in Econ 101. Unfortunately, they don't teach Econ 101 in one of those RE 6 week crash courses. People. Be careful who you listen to.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
The topic is too easy to be considered a "theory". But I suspect it was covered the 1st hour of class in Econ 101. Unfortunately, they don't teach Econ 101 in one of those RE 6 week crash courses. People. Be careful who you listen to.

Hey here is your chance MNBNR. What does October Resale look like.

Higher, Lower, same? Volume?

Then again you always duck - still waiting for the list of the places with homes below replacement costs.

So show your stripe yet again...duck away.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:50 PM

As you well know, the RE market sales will completely depend on the lenders. The trilateral commission met early October with the major lenders in Roswell NM with Geithner and Bernanke. They agreed to allow an increase in sales with a slight bump in prices in the Vegas market place..

As to the homes that are below replacement costs. There are none. The phenomena only happens in NV, FL, and AZ. In all other areas in the country, it costs more for resales because of the cost of plaid wall paper.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
As you well know, the RE market sales will completely depend on the lenders. The trilateral commission met early October with the major lenders in Roswell NM with Geithner and Bernanke. They agreed to allow an increase in sales with a slight bump in prices in the Vegas market place..

As to the homes that are below replacement costs. There are none. The phenomena only happens in NV, FL, and AZ. In all other areas in the country, it costs more for resales because of the cost of plaid wall paper.

Duck duck duck duck

Old 11-03-2009, 07:19 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,449,050 times
Quote:

Classic!

Old 11-03-2009, 07:44 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,464,951 times
Well, I am definately not getting in the middle of you three, I take a swack Ole Capt.

I say volume is up - Reasoning - 8K tax rebate and the mad dash to get that before it was supposedly going away. City Center is going to open up soon and people will be working there. Hey, Americans have short memories and they probably feel if they can get a job in this market, they're safe.

Fannie and Freddie are still buying (or would you call that servicing) all the mortgages that are written.

I have no problem with buying right now. I actually feel I am way ahead of the game. (I was hell bent on buying in 2006 as I retired from the military. But decided to stay in when a promotion came my way. I know my situation is different, as I'll stay within my budget and don't have to rely on a steady job to pay the bills.) So, if I would have bought in 2006 I would be way upside down, still able to make payments, but just shaking my head wondering what I did.

The reason why I didn't buy...sorry Ole Capt don't want to put you on the spot, but you told me to wait. And I definately appreciate that everyday.

I think Tony and the New Guy really enjoy just busting your chops. I'm not in real estate, I'm an average guy that has worked hard for my money. I strongly feel that a chance at a 240K home with a less then 5% interest rate will seem like a bargain. Our country will have to pay these bills, and they'll have to do that soon.

I don't know about the price, but I'll take a weakly educated guess, I think they will remain basically the same. As these 350K homes that were bought in 05/06 and into 07 that are now 150K-240K, people will buy them. Folks that didn't get caught up have money as everyone didn't go broke in this price drop or this economy. But many folks are so under water and when the Government intervention ends, people are going to be in real trouble. As mentioned a few posts back, many homes bought are still by people that aren't living there. Investments - Could be. Great article yesterday on CNBC that discussed investing in real estate again vice the stock market.

Our economy is ugly, the job situation is ugly and our deficit is beyond ugly. We as a country are being forced to make changes and pretty soon, the free handouts will be going away and many many folks are going to end up renters.

It's pretty sad to me actually. I feel for many folks, just not the greedy ones that have been burnt.

No attacks brothers...I didn't jump into the loonnnnggggg discussion you seem to be having.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Duck duck duck duck
Grey duck!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas